Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That's in the best interest of the Republican party long-term. The more Nazi deniers, alleged child molesters, pimps, etc, who are elected to the GOP, the more the party's reputation is tarnished.

• Agree
Reactions: jardiniere
Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
That's in the best interest of the Republican party long-term. The more Nazi deniers, alleged child molesters, pimps, etc, who are elected to the GOP, the more the party's reputation is tarnished.

God bless Ted Cruz for showing a modicum of decency.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

The GOP sounds increasingly like something from a horror movie.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
God bless Ted Cruz for showing a modicum of decency.

Agree with you on that. He's shown decency before. He put forth a bill to stop families being separated at the border. That got drowned out on account of Trump's claim he was going to stop separating them. I think he's got a personality that really rubs folks the wrong way, but there's some real decency in him. More than in Trump, that's for dang sure.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ted Cruz Tells People to Vote Democrat in IL-3 Race

This is the least expected thing some might believe Cruz would say, but he's telling people to vote for the Democrat. It's very much because the candidate that got nominated is an avoid Holocaust denier. And no one likes Illnois Nazis.
There is not a hope of a Republican winning in this district. That is how the nobody could get himself nominated in the first place.
Nobody wants to get nominated in a district that will not elect them, except for showboats who get their ten minutes of fame.
Ted Cruz is merely saying that the candidate has nothing to do with Republicans.
He is no George Will. He is just making clear what national exposure seeks to muddy.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure there will be some folks who claim he's a "Republican In Name Only" for doing that...

...but I think that should cause some self-reflection on Ted's part. I know it's become the popular thing to do for far-right folks to make the claims that "Well, the Democrats are actually the party of racism, and they're the bigots...not us!"

Yet, every time one of these Nazi types either tries to run for office, or endorses a candidate on some white power website, they're certainly not endorsing democrats.

I think the GOP needs to take a long look at their platform and realize that the reason these nut jobs end up in their camp is because their positions have enough ideological overlap and their top guys use enough ambiguous racial rhetoric that it's going to attract them.

As the old saying goes... It's like throwing a picnic at the beach, but then acting surprised when the seagulls show up and ruin it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure there will be some folks who claim he's a "RINO" for doing that...

...but I think that should cause some self-reflection on Ted's part. I know it's become the popular thing to do for far-right folks to make the claims that "Well, the Democrats are actually the party of racism, and they're the bigots...not us!"

Yet, every time one of these Nazi types either tries to run for office, or endorses a candidate on some white power website, they're certainly not endorsing democrats.

I think the GOP needs to take a long look at their platform and realize that the reason these nut jobs end up in their camp is because their positions have enough ideological overlap and their top guys use enough ambiguous racial rhetoric that it's going to attract them.

As the old saying goes... It's like throwing a picnic at the beach, but then acting surprised when the seagulls show up and ruin it.

I wouldn't agree with that 100% in that last part. Because a lot of times these guys were on the ballot but were never thought to actually get in.

Upvote 0