Technology- Good or Bad?

Is technology good or bad?

• Good

• Bad

• Not sure

• Tired of my silly polls

Results are only viewable after voting.
A lot of Christians seem to be against technology, saying that it is bad and is anti-God. Some denominations of Christianity(such as the Amish) ban technology, saying it is sinful. I don't think so. Technology itself is not bad, it's the people that decide to use it for evil that are bad. What do you think?

Duane Morse

Aug 14, 2002
Aurora, CO
Visit site
✟2,429.00
I totally agree with you.
God told us to be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Subduing the earth and having dominion can only come through great knowledge, and it takes technology to gain that in depth knowledge.

Upvote 0

JagSayon

Jun 16, 2002
✟823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There should be another option like, "Depending on the intended method of use". I would have voted that as technology is, like what TheBear said, merely a tool. Personally, it has helped me glean ALOT of Christian knowledge in the comfort of my home while my net travels have taken me all over the world. It all depends what you're using tech for.

Jag

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by Susan
I would say good unless it is used as the mark of the beast or to persecute Christians. :)

What do you mean by "used as the mark of the beast"?

You do think technology is good if it is used to persecute others than christians? Well, it is often christians who do that so I guess it is kind of reasonable to think so.

Upvote 0

alexgb00

Jun 24, 2002
Klamath Falls, OR United States
✟1,218.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Sky
A lot of Christians seem to be against technology, saying that it is bad and is anti-God. Some denominations of Christianity(such as the Amish) ban technology, saying it is sinful. I don't think so. Technology itself is not bad, it's the people that decide to use it for evil that are bad. What do you think?

Sky, friend, i'm a Christian. I never thought that technology in general is bad. All inventions were created with a good purpose in mind. Some applications of technology are terrible, though (what do you think of the electric chair?).

The Amish, who say they don't like technology, actually use it. Carts and log cabins are technology, although more basic.

I'm sure A. Einstein meant the Manhattan project for good (the concept of deterrence), but it was right away used to kill thousands. You're right, that people are the ones to blame, not inanimate objects.

God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Sky
I'm sorry, I won't post polls anymore.

Alright, Sky.

I'll bite. :p

Hey, kiddo. Your polls are fine. Who the heck cares if nobody in the world tells you they're fine - as long as you're having nice, clean interactions here, it seems that it's okay. :angel:

If your conscience is clear, and if somebody responds to your polls, what does that say? Actions speak louder than words.

Just let the people who say they're tired of your polls do their own thing. :mad:

Here's one vote for you continuing your polls. :clap:

Patty

Upvote 0