Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I have come to the conclusion that technically it makes more sense to say "we came from caterpillars" because they at least evidently have the capacity to metamorphicize from one thing to another. There is no reason to think that another creature, with no such innate ability, could successively alter its genome coherently, towards a series of alternative ends. For one thing, the overwhelming choice and diversity in selection pressures would render such transitions meaningless or utterly chaotic.

Obviously it makes no sense to say we came from caterpillars, but the world is so (equally) obviously in need of distraction, that perhaps the most painful distraction is to be preferred?

Just making an observation!:holy:

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You may be onto something. Every time there is a traffic slowdown on the Interstate all the vehicles exhibit "the caterpillar effect" just as if they were one giant (gasp)...... caterpillar!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

So I have come to the conclusion that technically it makes more sense to say "we came from caterpillars" because they at least evidently have the capacity to metamorphicize from one thing to another. There is no reason to think that another creature, with no such innate ability, could successively alter its genome coherently, towards a series of alternative ends. For one thing, the overwhelming choice and diversity in selection pressures would render such transitions meaningless or utterly chaotic.

Obviously it makes no sense to say we came from caterpillars, but the world is so (equally) obviously in need of distraction, that perhaps the most painful distraction is to be preferred?

Just making an observation!:holy:

My wife changes her mind a lot.
That should count then.

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know it is not ap-peeling, but where the Chimpanze Sequencing Consortium has demonstrated that in reality we only share only about a 30% actual genomic match with Chimps and we know from elsewhere that we share about 50% in common with bananas, isn't it more likely we are evolved bananas?

Upvote 0