✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

I just started as the Youth Worship Leader at my Church. It has been pretty great so far, but we have run into an issue with some of our more outdated equipment. I am pretty Music Save, but when it comes to the equipment and technical sides, I am very much a beginner lol

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on a "101 Course" on Stage Set ups and the equipment and connections involved? I have tried Google-ing it, but am unfamiliar with a lot of the terminology, so I can't get exactly what I'm looking for.

We are using some outdated equipment and some of it, if not all, is ready to be replaced. My main issue is that I am unfamiliar with any of the equipment. The teens I have on the Tech team are pretty great and have tried to help me, but they are not as experienced on it themselves.

I have spoken to the head Worship Leader and asked him numerous times to help me and show me the ropes in this area, but he seems to just be busy all the time and I can't seem to schedule anything with him. So I need to take it into my own hands and figure it out.

ANY advice would be super appreciated!

Thank you in advanced!

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

I just started as the Youth Worship Leader at my Church. It has been pretty great so far, but we have run into an issue with some of our more outdated equipment. I am pretty Music Save, but when it comes to the equipment and technical sides, I am very much a beginner lol

Do any of you guys have any suggestions on a "101 Course" on Stage Set ups and the equipment and connections involved? I have tried Google-ing it, but am unfamiliar with a lot of the terminology, so I can't get exactly what I'm looking for.

We are using some outdated equipment and some of it, if not all, is ready to be replaced. My main issue is that I am unfamiliar with any of the equipment. The teens I have on the Tech team are pretty great and have tried to help me, but they are not as experienced on it themselves.

I have spoken to the head Worship Leader and asked him numerous times to help me and show me the ropes in this area, but he seems to just be busy all the time and I can't seem to schedule anything with him. So I need to take it into my own hands and figure it out.

ANY advice would be super appreciated!

Thank you in advanced!

You are not an expert in sound systems, so talk to your minister about replacing this kit and what sort of budget you have?
Then Google sound systems and find out what shops there are and ask them for quotes. On kit, and installation and training.
Ideally you want a church member to be incharge of any sound/light desk, who will train those youth who are committed to learning it.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a sound guy (or a team)?

Yes we do have a team for our Audio. I don't know why I didn't think of that lol wow

You are not an expert in sound systems, so talk to your minister about replacing this kit and what sort of budget you have?
Then Google sound systems and find out what shops there are and ask them for quotes. On kit, and installation and training.
Ideally you want a church member to be in charge of any sound/light desk, who will train those youth who are committed to learning it.

Thank you! I don't know why I didn't consider getting help from our Audio Team. It seems pretty obvious now lol

But hey, I'm still learning :)

Thank you guys!

If anyone would like to add to this, please go ahead. I'm open for any advice :)

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you! I don't know why I didn't consider getting help from our Audio Team. It seems pretty obvious now lol
Indeed. You are most welcome!

I have spent time on both sides of the mixer board so I understand how that all works.

Someone just coming up - maybe not so much.

My son during his college days did a stint behind the sound board under the tutelage of his (then) future father in law. He has also played with me on drums and bass.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. You are most welcome!

I have spent time on both sides of the mixer board so I understand how that all works.

Someone just coming up - maybe not so much.

My son during his college days did a stint behind the sound board under the tutelage of his (then) future father in law. He has also played with me on drums and bass.

Yeah :) it has been really fun so far, and I am excited to keep learning more. I reached out to one of the girls on the Tech Team and she said she would help me out :)

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah :) it has been really fun so far, and I am excited to keep learning more. I reached out to one of the girls on the Tech Team and she said she would help me out :)
Excellent! It is important to have a good working relationship between the worship team and the sound team. Us musicians and singers have to realize that we can sng and play our best, but the sound guys can make us sound terrible. We are really reliant on them to do what we do.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Excellent! It is important to have a good working relationship between the worship team and the sound team. Us musicians and singers have to realize that we can sng and play our best, but the sound guys can make us sound terrible. We are really reliant on them to do what we do.

Yeah :) it helps that the Group of Teens I'm working with are so eager to learn and grow in this. I've had musicians ask if they could learn the sound and audio, and I told them I am all for them learning as much as they want to learn. The only limitation will be themselves. :)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah :) it helps that the Group of Teens I'm working with are so eager to learn and grow in this. I've had musicians ask if they could learn the sound and audio, and I told them I am all for them learning as much as they want to learn. The only limitation will be themselves. :)
Great! It is good to know all aspects of that ministry.

• Agree
Reactions: Karin12414
Upvote 0