✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and welcome to CF. :)

It's not really possible to give informed advice without more info.

Scripture doesn't forbid any alcohol whatsoever - but we know we should not be getting drunk.

Some people can't really do things in moderation. For them, it is better to abstain, if drinking a little means they end up going on to get drunk (or develop a habit where it becomes something they think they "need"). But to drink in moderation is allowed.

Advice is - don't get drunk, don't overdo. Drink alcohol only moderately. If you can't do that, then avoid it altogether.

Upvote 0

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Scripture doesn't forbid any alcohol whatsoever - but we know we should not be getting drunk.

Some people can't really do things in moderation. For them, it is better to abstain, if drinking a little means they end up going on to get drunk (or develop a habit where it becomes something they think they "need"). But to drink in moderation is allowed.

Advice is - don't get drunk, don't overdo. Drink alcohol only moderately. If you can't do that, then avoid it altogether.
Thank you for your input , it is very useful and the guidance is exceptional .

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
teatotaller or moderationist about fermented liquids???

Jesus drank wine, so there is absolutely nothing sinful about drinking, though there is something sinful about getting drunk. However, whether it is a wise decision for you to choose to drink is another issue. Pretty much everyone who starts drinking thinks that they will be able to control their drinking, but sadly that is not the case for many of them, though there are nevertheless some who are able to do so. "Alcohol is is a very effective dissolving agent. It dissolves families, marriages, friendships, bank accounts, and neurons, but never problems." I've seen the disastrous effect that it can have and not just in the life of the person who chooses to drink, so it is never something that I would ever want in my life, and with so many people trying to quit drinking, why do you think that it would ever be a good idea start?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Benaiahian Monk

Benaiah “ the Lord builds” 2 Samuel 23:20
Dec 14, 2017
Tappahannock
✟17,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a moderationist and consider intoxication the sin.
I’ve also have heared other Christians tell me what other things do you do with moderation ? Referring to just little bit breaking all the 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am a moderationist and consider intoxication the sin.
I’ve also have heared other Christians tell me what other things do you do with moderation ? Referring to just little bit breaking all the 10 commandments.

It would be comparable only if the 10 commandments included "thou shalt not drink alcohol". Rather it is something even prescribed at times as beneficial in Scripture.

Committing adultery, murder, idolatry is never beneficial. You can't set out to do them "just a little".

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
High Caution...even back when I was first doing caregiving I saw how much drinking was going on because I be in peoples homes taking care of sick people...not to mention what I encountered in hospitals, care facilities, and
in my community etc.
I saw the steady increase in the consumption of beer, wine and liquor...
today it's gone up even more!
I believe believers should use extreme care when it comes to drinking
beverages that contain alcohol...too many these days seem to be all to
willing to over indulge and lie about being moderate drinkers.

We're to be Lights in this dark world...we aren't to be "lit"/intoxicated or
drunk.

This report on recent findings on drinking: Why Americans—Especially Women—Are Drinking More Alcohol

Upvote 0