Illinois
✟176,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Before when I prayed when I wasn't really fully a believer I wouldn't really feel anything emotionally. It wasn't until I decided to fully put my trust and faith into Jesus Christ, believing what he has done for me and the endless love he has. Understanding that its not about what I do, but about what he has done. Until I understood that was when I felt a dwelling of a spirit, and feeling love from God.

I am not an emotional person at all, these aren't tears of sadness its a feeling of overwhelming love could this be the Holy Spirit working in my heart?

It's a feeling as if my dad took his own life to save mines.

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear John, it is wonderful to experience God's presence and joy for sure, and most likely it is God's Spirit moving in you, touching your soul. But as other have probably said to you before....you need to come to a place where you will trust His word on it.
You know it's like when Thomas said, "I will not believe unless I put my hand in His side and see the nail prints for myself!" Others had told Thomas Jesus was risen, but he had to see and to feel in order to believe.
And that's okay, the Lord Jesus accommodated Thomas and revealed Himself to him and allowed Thomas to feel and touch and see and hear. But then Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:25

There comes a day in all our lives when our heavenly Father stops giving us any feelings so that we learn to trust by faith.

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have several times found myself crying because of the overwhelming sense of God's love and mercy and grace. It has been an amazing feeling. But I also have times when prayer is a struggle, I don't have any feelings at all and I just have to keep going, trusting that God is there even when it doesn't feel like it, because He has promised that He is.

As @WESTOZZIE has said, it is wonderful to have those moments when you can actually feel God's presence, but we need to build our faith on His word not on our feelings, because the feelings won't always be there, but His word abides forever!

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing wrong with crying while praying.

What better way to call out please God have mercy on me a sinner then with a tear in ones eye.

Although I try to stay away from the touchy touchy feely feely because, the Bible says a man is what he thinketh.

M-Bob

Reactions: JohnB445
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Before when I prayed when I wasn't really fully a believer I wouldn't really feel anything emotionally. It wasn't until I decided to fully put my trust and faith into Jesus Christ, believing what he has done for me and the endless love he has. Understanding that its not about what I do, but about what he has done. Until I understood that was when I felt a dwelling of a spirit, and feeling love from God.

I am not an emotional person at all, these aren't tears of sadness its a feeling of overwhelming love could this be the Holy Spirit working in my heart?

It's a feeling as if my dad took his own life to save mines.

Yes.... tears during prayer are a sign that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is filling you with more of the Holy Spirit the Comforter.

Upvote 0