• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Teaching Kids Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Sparkle, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFMichael

SFMichael Regular Member

+14
    Christian
    For Gmrelic:

Show me a smile then,
    Don't be unhappy, can't remember
    When i last saw you laughing
    If this world makes you crazy
    And you've taken all you can bear
    You call me up
    Because you know i'll be there

2. Polycarp1

Polycarp1 Born-again Liberal Episcopalian

+1,550
    Anglican
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Excellent point. Paul said to cast out anyone who "preaches another Gospel" -- and many a false prophet has taught the idea that worldly wealth and luxuries are God's reward for following rules, and that there are those despised by society who are not worthy of God's salvation, as, in their opinion, are those who live by rules they claim to derive from Scripture.

Beware of those false prophets. Jesus said, "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." The echo of the door you slam in the face of another is the door being slammed on you.

3. Ampmonster

Ampmonster Swords to plowshares

+68
    Catholic
    hahahaha yeah it's like a high school in here "get over yourself" lmao

4. Blessed75

Blessed75 Well-Known Member

+110
    Non-Denom
    Maybe you need to go back then since you seem to enjoy it so much! :)

5. Ampmonster

+68
    Catholic
    where on earth did you get the idea that i enjoy these little games? PLEASE explain your rational on this one.

6. Blessed75

+110
    Non-Denom
    maybe where you said something to the effect of highschool and then "lmao?" - that MIGHT have something to do with it.........

7. Ampmonster

+68
    Catholic
    so, using abbreviations= highschool?
    yes, i still don't follow.

8. Blessed75

+110
    Non-Denom
    Follow this - quit trolling me on the boards - please. It's really creepy - quit butting into conversations that do not involve you and leave me alone. Thanks much!

9. Ampmonster

+68
    Catholic
    im not trolling. are these your private boards?

my first post on this thread wasnt even in response to you so check your facts

10. Blessed75

+110
    Non-Denom
    Check your facts and yes you have been, I'll ask you once more to leave me alone b/c I'm so nice - but yes, you are trolling -

11. SqueezetheShaman

SqueezetheShaman Well-Known Member

+121
    Agnostic
    good lord i feel like we are back in high school. gotta say though, if i was complaining about cliques, i was jealous cuz i wasn't in em ;) now can we please drop this y'all?? it is quite silly. do you want us to not befriend each other on here? I have become friendly with quite a few christians....conservative chrisitans, and would hope that is a good thing, not knocked as becoming "cliquish". and of course, if we really can't handle each other, let us not forget the wonderful ignore option.

12. Ampmonster

+68
    Catholic
    can't comment.

13. Smilin

Smilin Spirit of the Wolf

+242
    Atheist
    Married
    The true nature of wolves is subject for another debate...

But I have to pause and smile, really. For that analogy further
    proves what I believe, that the Bible was not inspired by a
    higher power, and flawed with false human perceptions.

The true Creator knows the nature of a wolf. Humans are the
    dangerous ones.

14. Mϋzikdϋde

Mϋzikdϋde Simply Fabulous

+248
    Christian
    Married
    We are all friends because we are personable and we get along. It isn't a clique.
    We don't see eye to eye on things and we even debate each other. But we are mature enough not to attack each other.
    Let me tell you this my Christian friend. If you want to tell people about the gospel you should first try to live it.
    Ask yourself if people see Christ in your actions.
    It's really a shame that I feel a stronger spiritual connection with Smilin and STS than I do with you. You do nothing for fellowship and as far as this thread goes you are doing nothing for Christ or Christianity.
    Please take your condemnation elsewhere. You are not debating you are attacking. And yes, I am chastising.
    Get over yourself.

15. Inspired

Inspired only hurts when I breathe

+193
    Christian
    Single

Isn't that funny how all the money in the building fund is never enough to pay for God's word? That's one thing about organized religion that as always killed me, just how much do you have to pay to learn the word of God? I though He had already paid the ultimate price.

16. JohnCJ

JohnCJ Senior Member

+18
    Christian
    US-Republican

For example Pat Robertson.

17. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+88
    Christian
    Married
    If one professes to be a pagan than the public school system should suit them quite well.

IMHO, there is no Christian influence in the public school systems-They are secular/humanistic based.

18. JohnCJ

JohnCJ Senior Member

+18
    Christian
    US-Republican
    'lmao' is a common internet term akin to LOL, IMHO, IMO, WTH, PWND. Which are grammar mistakes much like not having complete sentences, not capitalizing the first letter of each sentence, and using excessive punctuation. On most message boards when people result to nitpicking spelling and grammer mistakes they are generally admitting defeat and not addressing the issue presented that contained the grammer mistake.

IMHO, questions of sexual lifestyles should be addressed even before school because lot of kids have 2 daddies or 2 mommies.

19. Inspired

Inspired only hurts when I breathe

+193
    Christian
    Single
    or she was addressing the fact that the comment came off as calling everyone immature and acting like they were in highschool, and it had nothing to do with the grammer at all. That's just the way it came off to me.

20. Lexi

Lexi Regular Member

+14
    Non-Denom
    Married
    *bursts into laughter* That's fabulous!

I see nothing wrong with teaching children about accepting those who are different from them. I would support the book in the schools around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.