• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Teaching bibles view of sexual ethics could be hateful under new law

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by wisdomsophie, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Skreeper

Skreeper Well-Known Member

+2,628
    Germany
    Atheist
    Private
    I knew you were not telling the truth. Nobody is going to prison for accidentally using the wrong pronoun. The police are just cracking down on online bullying and harassment.

And I say amen to that. Online bullying is a real problem and needs to be dealt with.

2. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    I never said anything about, "accidentally".

Your deficient reading comprehension notwithstanding, the smug moralistic tyranny advocated & espoused in your post only leads to violence.

Paradoxically, it also diminishes the very tolerance/acceptance you claim to desire, never remembering tolerance is a two-way street.

3. Skreeper

+2,628
    Germany
    Atheist
    Private
    Punishing online bullying and harassment is not "moralistic tyranny"

4. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    Locking people in a cage for not using your proscribed language and feeling morally justified in doing so is the definition of moralistic tyranny.

5. Skreeper

+2,628
    Germany
    Atheist
    Private
    Reading stuff like this is infuriating when we have children killing themselves because of online bullying. But I guess that is a price you're willing to pay for "muh freedom hurr durr"

6. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+10,546
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    That's a feature, not a bug. The social taboo and abuse of those who violate is a tool.

7. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,451
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Calling the authorities "reality-denying pronoun bullies" is a dead giveaway that you are defending statements that go beyond any basis is scripture. What "reality" are these "bullies" denying?

8. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    Lets start with Biology. Putting on a baseball cap, changing a few letters in your name and forcing people to ignore good grammar doesn't make Ms. Page any less of a female.

9. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    I'm not unsympathetic to kids being bullied online. But sterilizing the digital isn't how you address that. First, it's impossible. Second, if you really care about your kid, teach them how to safely conduct themselves online.

Step 1 is keeping them off social media platforms that dox them to the world as a function of the platform.

10. Skreeper

+2,628
    Germany
    Atheist
    Private
    Or you could punish people who bully and harass others on the internet. Why are you trying to protect bullies?

11. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    This statement betrays a fundamental lack of understanding of the internet. You have to, first, identify someone before doing anything to them.

And 2nd, yea I defend the right of "bullies" to have free speech.

But since you want to criminalize this sort of thing, you're going to have to define what bullying is, and what qualifies someone as a bully. Because so far, you've only defined a bully as someone you don't agree with.

12. Speedwell

+17,451
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Snarky comments like that seem have very little to do with scripture and everything to do with a hateful attitude. Try again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    No, I'll stick with Biology. I don't need to contort my argument to match your particular view of the Scriptures.

14. Speedwell

+17,451
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    You don't know what my view of the scriptures is--it may be that I would agree with you about it but your unpleasant attitude gets in the way.

15. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,627
    Christian
    Private
    If your going to argue biology maybe understand it. I know this is worded wrong, but we knot that there can be a disconnect between someones sex and gender physically with the body and genitals, why when it's the brain and such people suddenly act like it's different? If someone can present as female but but geneticly male why can't the brain be the same?

16. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,189
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I looked at the web page with this article. One thing stands out > the list of articles pretty much all about things which mean there is some threat against Christians.

And the article did not have much to help a person to know how to handle the supposed problem.

So, if most of their writings are about things claimed to be against Christians . . . while they say nothing or little about how God's word says to deal with real persecution . . . why?

Jesus does say to expect to be persecuted, doesn't He? And He says to rejoice when people speak against us falsely . . . for His name's sake.

But I have a way of not rejoicing . . . and in my mind even inventing paranoid items of ones speaking against me . . . while I am not rejoicing. So, may be I still can feed on being rejected so I can criticize others for rejecting me. It is not about Jesus. Of course, if I want to feed on being rejected, I have to invent it, pretty much . . . I now can see.

By the way . . . is it not so, how children can scream that you hate them . . . or they hate you . . . when you say no to what is not good for them?

There are things which God knows are not right for us. Among other things, there are wrong things which can help to keep us and our attention away from what is so better.

I think of this > we can point at others who are wrong, so our attention is elsewhere from dealing with how we ourselves are wrong > so I'm offering maybe something like what >
    Yes, ones might be so busy with pointing their finger at certain people . . . while not dealing with their own sins which are very busy with ruining them and their lives and their health and example for their own children.

There is the attention item . . . where does our attention belong?

Why would ones constantly point the finger at others??

And why does sexual stuff get so much attention????

So, whether there is one or one hundred references . . . sexual stuff is not an ongoing attention getting item in the Bible.

And my opinion is if we get into all the good things God's word says about how to love and relate, this can keep our attention where we belong . . . so we aren't getting into whichever things really are wrong.

But now we see so much fighting against the products, instead of what has helped to produce them. If you don't like the product, stop what has helped to produce it!!!!!

17. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    We also know some of those folks are simply autistic, and in their youth, are being convinced they're trans. They then embark on this permanent journey only to realize that wasn't the root issue they were trying to deal with, and now they're left with psychological changes that almost certainly condemn them to a life devoid of romance & companionship.

And no one is allowed to talk about this. These truths are deemed hateful, when the real hatred is letting people embark on this path with rose tinted glasses, oblivious to the path ahead. That's hatred.

18. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,189
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I think a lot of scripture deals with a lot of wrong items . . . indirectly, but by giving us what is good so we feed on what is good, so this keeps us away from what is wrong. And, like I offer, there is plenty of prevention scripture >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation," (in Philippians 2:13-16)

What I see here is that there is arguing and complaining which help to degrade us from how we can relate in genuine love. So, in becoming sensitive and strong against such fighting and fussing, we get strong in real love so we can do well in marriage and other relating.

But if children's parents are bad examples, this can help keep kids from discovering how to relate as family and in close friendship. And so, deeply, they are not satisfied and they are weak so they can get hurt and stay hurt; and in their desperation to feel some thing which seems like love, they get with peers who also are lost. And together they can go into the ditch . . . supposing that sexual stuff is real intimacy, and seeking feelings and experiences of drugs and smoking and drinking and games.

But love is so much more beneficial; and my experience is that learning how to love is the most interesting challenge and worthwhile education we can get.

19. Speedwell

+17,451
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    It's talked about all the time. It just doesn't need to be talked about in a hateful way.

20. OddityCrisis

OddityCrisis Member

+51
    United States
    Other Religion
    Engaged
    You're clearly not qualified to speak about hate as you so easily confuse it with irreverence .