• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Teachers having a rough time

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by mukk_in, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

1. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees fan Supporter

+3,172
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Crowned Princess

Crowned Princess Sunflower Jewel

+2,135
    Christian
    Married
    I haven't read all of the article, just the first parts. But I do understand the main issues put, working overtime because of getting low income.

Life in this world can be rough. Yet this shows us how important it is learning to depend on God at all times, and what peace it will bring over those who knows Him. This doesn't mean life will always become easier, it may become more difficult. Yet, for Christian believers, we have a hope and a future in our Lord Jesus Christ! As this life we have now is momentary, it won't last long before it will be gone!

We do keep on trusting in God to provide and strenghten us at any times, as He will always be there to help us and take care of us!

3. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,444
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    re article
    between husband and wife's two teaching salaries, $70,000 is pretty good for 9 mos
    so don't know why they work after school

many teachers I know do pick up work during the summer since teaching is only 9 mos OR they choose to take summer off to be with their kids

there are several summer programs for children in our area and noticed that many of them are run by teachers

people going into education know it's not a 12 month job
    several family members of mine are in education and they want their summers off to be with their kids and choose not to do summer work

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 6:10 AM
  4. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,401
    Baptist
    Married
    My wife was a teacher. I don't think the problem is the compensation, I think it's the predominant trend of parents no longer considering themselves to be the pivotal factor in their own child's education. Children don't care about their own behavior or education when their parents show nonchalant attitudes toward those things.