UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This isn't a huge event but it is something that matters to me. The Trinitarian Bible Society often display scripture posters around train stations etc and recently were told they cannot be displayed anymore in many places. I think the posters can have an impact. I think they not only show people the Word of God but they also prompt people to think about God.

This is from the TBS newsletter:

railwayposters.png

The following message from our Operations Director, Philip Blows, is for the prayerful attention of all TBS members and supporters:

I would like to update you on the progress of the TBS UK Railway Scripture Poster Campaign for 2020. Sadly, there have been two interruptions to the smooth running of the campaign this year, one of which we would especially covet your prayers for.

The first, perhaps unsurprisingly, relates to Covid-19. In some cases, it has not been possible to get posters displayed as per our bookings because the advertising companies involved could not fulfil their obligations due to staffing shortages. This should be a relatively short-term problem, so we would hope to reschedule most of the bookings for later in the year.

However, the second interruption is more serious and is where I would appreciate your earnest prayers. The advertising company that owns most of the advertising space at UK rail stations recently recategorised our Scripture posters as Religious Advertising, which means that now a number of the UK’s Train Operating Companies will no longer permit the posters to be displayed. We have taken legal advice and challenged this ruling with the advertising company itself and are now in the process of challenging it with each of the Train Operating Companies directly.

Please pray that the Lord would overrule in each and every case so that we can continue to display the Word of God to rail travellers as we have done since 1975.

• Prayers
Reactions: Hank77