• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

TB and wife are separating due to friction!

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by NewSong, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewSong

NewSong ♪♫♫♪♫

+3,919
    Christian
    Private
    Lakeland Leader, Wife Separating
    CBNNews.com

August 13, 2008

CBNNews.com - Evangelist Todd Bentley, who has led nonstop revival meetings in Lakeland since early April, is separating from his wife, Shonnah, due to "significant friction in their relationship," his ministry announced Tuesday.
    As a result, Bentley will no longer lead the Florida revival beginning August 23.
    Canada-based Fresh Fire Ministries released a statement praising the Lakeland "outpouring," but acknowledged the ongoing revival created "an atmosphere of fatigue and stress" which "exacerbated existing issues" in Bentley's marriage. Fresh Fire emphasized the separation was not due to infidelity.
    Stephen Strader, senior pastor at Ignited Church where the revival first began, told Charisma the separation was for "a period of time while they both continue to receive counseling."
    According to Strader, Bentley already turned over the spiritual authority of the meetings to him last Wednesday. Bentley's official departure will occur during this Wednesday night's meeting in Lakeland, when Bentley is scheduled to thank the crowd, while also "commissioning his interns" to continue the revival, Strader said.
    Strader invited Bentley to Lakeland to lead the revival, which began on April 2.
    The services were streamed live over the Internet and televised by God TV. Many traveled to Lakeland from outside Florida and the United States to receive a healing touch from God.
    The revival changed location three times in search of larger venues, but has now returned to Ignited Church.
    Lynne Breidenbach, who had been a spokesman for Bentley in Florida, resigned Monday and called news of the separation "very sad."
    "God uses fallen, flawed people. ... This doesn't invalidate what Todd did," she told The Lakeland Ledger.
    The Bentleys have two daughters and a son, and are Canadian citizens. Under Canadian law, separation is a preliminary step in divorce proceedings, lasting nine months.
    Source: CBN News, The Lakeland Ledger, Charisma Magazine, Fresh Fire Ministries

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Elijah2

Elijah2 No weapons formed against me will prosper.

+655
    Pentecostal
    Married
    We pray that their marriage will be reconciled, in Jesus' Name.

3. Elijah2

+655
    Pentecostal
    Married

4. Elijah2

+655
    Pentecostal
    Married

5. Elijah2

+655
    Pentecostal
    Married

6. Elijah2

+655
    Pentecostal
    Married

7. Amaryllismayfly

Amaryllismayfly Guest

+0
    Thank you Lord! I agree, amen.

8. charityagape

charityagape Blue Chicken Gives You Horns

+495
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Republican
    Amen Elijah!

9. ANM29

ANM29 Well-Known Member

+557
    Christian
    Private
    Been praying for him for a week now, and just found out about this separation yesterday.

Have you way Lord, bring GLORY from this situation in Jesus name I pray.:crossrc:

10. Alpine

Alpine Resident Sojourner

+453
    Christian
    Married
    You can say that again and again and again and again Elijah!

Wow! Me thinks Bentley shouldn't wait till the 23rd to work on his marriage. He should head back home and patch things up immediately. His marriage should take precedence over his work in Florida.

11. NewSong

NewSong ♪♫♫♪♫

+3,919
    Christian
    Private
    The forum thingy is quad posting all of the sudden...

Yeah, I wondered why he would wait until the 23rd as well. Maybe he needs the money for his plane ticket? Or he had to give his employees and employer two weeks notice?

I am praying nonetheless!

12. Alpine

+453
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know. It's weird. But, maybe it explains why he took some time off last month?

13. NewSong

NewSong ♪♫♫♪♫

+3,919
    Christian
    Private
    I didn't know he took time off but that could be. I agree it is weird all right but very very sad.

14. Hisgirl

Hisgirl Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace

+464
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm proud to see all of you responding in compassion.

Ministers are human and their marriages fail just like the rest of the world. Ministry, spouses, children, finances, personal needs...it's all a balance and most of us have failed horribly at some point or another.

I'm sorely disappointed in J. Lee Grady's response in Charisma magazine for taking this sad time to say this is proof the whole revival was false. He didn't hold back in his lashing out. Has this man read Hebrews 11, the Hall of Fame of our spiritual fathers....each one had some sort of failure, but God honors them with their successes.

So many ministers start well and finish poorly. We're all susceptible to the enemy.

Such a time as this prayer is so needed.

15. millerrod

millerrod Contributor

+357
    Christian
    Single
    :prayer::prayer: for him and his family

16. BenAdam

BenAdam Pirate King Supporter

+3,239
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Absolutely sad.

I pray that he and his wife reconcile.

17. jeolmstead

jeolmstead -That’s me in the corner, losing my religion

+615
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Agreed.....(Hey Dana good to have you here)

John O.

18. Alpine

+453
    Christian
    Married
    Lynne Breidenbach, who had been a spokesman for Bentley in Florida, resigned Monday and called news of the separation "very sad."

Strange, I wonder why she resigned.

19. hopeinGod

hopeinGod A voice crying in the wilderness

+162
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    This may allow Bentley time to rethink some of his methods and approaches. Having time to think things out isn't a bad thing.

He spoke in terms that led me to believe he was dismissing all critics. That reaction may have felt right, yet some points surely are worthy of consideration.

Giving ear to one's peers can add to a person's ministry.

Dave

20. hopeinGod

hopeinGod A voice crying in the wilderness

+162
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    This may allow Bentley time to rethink some of his methods and approaches. Having time to think things out isn't a bad thing.

He spoke in terms that led me to believe he was dismissing all critics. That reaction may have felt right, yet some points surely are worthy of consideration.

Giving ear to one's peers can add to a person's ministry.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.