• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Taylor Swift turns 30 today!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Not David, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,422
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Screenshot_2019-12-12-23-56-05.png

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+707
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I was 30 once. It was a very long time ago. I didn't make the news. It was rather uneventful.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Nithavela

Nithavela Building a stairway to home depot

+11,251
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    One year closer to the grave.

Good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Cimorene

Cimorene Be aware of false prophets Supporter

+5,088
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    Lol when I was little and ppl asked what I wanted to be when I grew up I'd say I wanted to be like Taylor Swift. I still sorta do, lol.

I did become a musician. It's not going to be my permanent profession or anything but I teach cello & violin lessons during the school year. A lot of my students LOVE to play Taylor's songs.

In the summers I'm in a string quartet and have played Love Story at weddings.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,422
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Talking about it:

6. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+8,860
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Happy birthday Taylor Swift.

7. Go Braves

Go Braves I miss Senator McCain

+8,883
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    She's a very beautiful woman.

I admit I used to detest her music. My girlfriend & my sister listened to it all the dang time. I finally started to take to some of it, lol. I like her newer songs a heck of a lot better than the older ones. She gave a performance on SNL not that long ago that was just outstanding. Loved it.

8. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+7,428
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well, I hope you would make better music than she does if you were her. Oh snap!:p

9. Cimorene

Cimorene Be aware of false prophets Supporter

+5,088
    Canada
    Methodist
    Private
    I am better cello player than she is, probably bc she's not a cello player.

I was the youngest cello player to ever make it into the TSYO. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. SarahsKnight

+7,428
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You do well, then, Cimorene. The cello is indeed a beautiful instrument and, far as I can tell, even more difficult to master than the violin or viola (I was once an above-average student of the latter ^-^ ).

And to quickly affirm that I am not trying to just hate on Taylor Swift because that's just what all early Millennial guys like myself are seemingly supposed to do (trash younger pop artists for being "talentless", all of the time ^_^ ) or anything, I do genuinely like at least two songs I have heard from her. ^_-

11. SarahsKnight

+7,428
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am not ashamed to say that I enjoyed the cute upbeatness of her song "ME!" from this year. .... Surprisingly one of the least self-absorbed songs I ever heard from her considering the song title.:scratch:

12. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge Well-Known Member

+699
    Atheist
    Private
    TayTay is awesome. I'm glad she moved on from her country roots and went pop. Even though it's not my genre (i'm a total metal head) I will bounce and sing at the top of my lungs to some TayTay.

The wife and I have really been digging her new Christmas song "Christmas Tree Farm." It's so happy!

Happy Birthday, TayTay! (just because I wanted to say "TayTay" one more time. ;) )