Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we are subsidizing many countries with cheap meds, not just Canada. I can't complain however as I have a really good drug plan. I pay $5 co-pay for a month supply of 80 mg atorvastatin (Lipitor). I don't know what the cost to my insurance company is.
Nope. The US system allows pharma to gouge us on price, because there isnt one group, with significant negotiating power. If the us had a single payor like canada, the leverage to negotiate with pharma, would be immensly stronger.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The lower priced health care plans are basically self-help (with the licensed doctors appropriately) to either remain healthy or to recover health when it is possible to do, by getting to and addressing the actual causes of problems instead of not even ever finding out the causes and treating the symptoms instead.

Few insurance plans cover the true "health options" that are instead of the drug-treat-symptom approach that has a stranglehold on american medicine.

The old famous "Grandma's home remedy" is often better, easier, more wholesome, and healing than any 'professional' manmade direction .

The cool thing is people are finding this out while still remaining with their longtime family doctor or clinic,
and being healed without changing doctors,
as they find out what to do,
when it is possible.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We are living in a great disease insane asylum , and it all seems so natural.
Soylient green spiritually and politically. Millions upon millions of souls are used as chattel by the politic and medical and religious system on earth - marketed like cattle it is written/ ....
"Nation of _ _ _ _ " (I forget the book title - cattle or sheep or cows)
written decades ago...

Upvote 0