Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From everything I have heard they are quite reliable if you take their methodology and assumptions into account. You can't just look at the end results of their predictions without mapping how many of the underlying assumptions were correct. That said the number I quoted actually came from the House Ways and Means Committee.

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Will Cost $1.5 Trillion

I would propose that when judging the worth of a prediction, if the end results do not conform to reality anything else is inconsequential. The House Ways and Means Committee is a collection of politicians not economic experts. I would assume they consulted with others to come to their conclusions perhaps the GAO?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,277.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would propose that when judging the worth of a prediction, if the end results do not conform to reality anything else is inconsequential.

I would propose that prophecy should be left to religions. Economic forecasts require assumptions be made on complex issues that can change thus altering the outcome. This does not mean the forecast is inaccurate, only that there are too many variables that can change.

The House Ways and Means Committee is a collection of politicians not economic experts. I would assume they consulted with others to come to their conclusions perhaps the GAO?

More likely the CBO I think.

Upvote 0