This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's why I have withdrawn and mostly just lurk now. This site is run by heterodox, and the un-Orthodox can go to them to get the Orthodox kicked out for telling them that their ideas contradict the consensus of the fathers, and they'll treat that as "personal attacks", "flaming", etc, when it's really condemnation of ideas, not people. But moderns, even modern Christians, can no longer distinguish between the two concepts, so the controllers boot people for "violating the rules", even though any decent lawyer could prove from those rules and proper definitions of words that the rules are not in fact being violated.
Interesting. Over a few years, I have seen just the opposite here. In fact, I discourage outspoken non-Ortho people from coming here mainly because of the Ortho control and esoteric oppression. (Kylisa, Matt, and a couple of others, excepted.)
But, that is just one person's view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Folks, my apologies. The thread was intended for something else I haven't explained.

Please please understand something. Public discussion of staff action is not alliwed. I don't want to see any of you get in trouble so PLEASE edit your posts. I'm closing this thread - since I'm the OP.

If you have questions, you may feel free to pm myself or each other. Just please edit your posts to remove discussion of staff action so no one gets in trouble.

I did intend this post for TAW but not to discuss matters we aren't allowed.

Thank you all.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And as to the general atmosphere on TAW (which wasn't my aim for this thread) let me just say that we are working on improvements and have been for some time and there has been progress. We hope to make even more.

Anything more than that should be in pm.

It's actually not a bad thing for us to discuss as a group (certain things we have wanted to implement) and that WOULD be allowed, so perhaps I will use this thread for that after all, once the dust settles a bit.

But for now please edit posts discussing staff actions (bans).

Upvote 0