Tattoos, why do people get them and mess up their body?

Should christians refrain from tagging gods masterpiece, the body?

• Tattoo is totaly not good at all, should never ever be done, by anybody at all

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • I like tatto. Looks so very, very, very cool BRUH!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mindfulzen

Aug 4, 2021
south
✟6,349.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Watching a game, and all the players are tattooed. Half the players have done entire arms, and I assume they will show more when the game is over and swap shirts. As a buddhist I would not get it because I figured that if I got reincarnated as a humanbeing again, those tattoos would become birthmarks or skindcondition. Since it would be hard to get the ink out of the skin, cleaning. I viewed it as a "deity" of sorts, doing laundry with our body and souls, and could not wash everything white again.

I have since become christian and the opinion still stands, if you can get a new trial of life, if you do not qualify for heaven but did enough to not go to hell. And also, I do not think it pleases the lord. What say you? Any scripture regarding this? And what will he think of my nipplering? Is that scarring the body, and the ring should be removed and cut close up again?Is jewlery frowned upon?

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Watching a game, and all the players are tattooed. Half the players have done entire arms, and I assume they will show more when the game is over and swap shirts. As a buddhist I would not get it because I figured that if I got reincarnated as a humanbeing again, those tattoos would become birthmarks or skindcondition. Since it would be hard to get the ink out of the skin, cleaning. I viewed it as a "deity" of sorts, doing laundry with our body and souls, and could not wash everything white again.

I have since become christian and the opinion still stands, if you can get a new trial of life, if you do not qualify for heaven but did enough to not go to hell. And also, I do not think it pleases the lord. What say you? Any scripture regarding this? And what will he think of my nipplering? Is that scarring the body, and the ring should be removed and cut close up again?Is jewlery frowned upon?

Tattoos are a hard habit to break, apparently. Those I know who start getting them all seem to have grand plans to continue them, like a work in progress. Before you know it they’re all marked up. I feel "parental" about it, like "Please don’t do that to your precious body!" but these days it’s not a big deal in a societal sense.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I have never understood the appeal…and I have never been so drunk in my youth that I wanted to get one…..although, I did plenty of other stupid things which have left scars. I guess I could say those are my tats …as they all tell a story.

FYI - I am not saying that tats are stupid ...I just don't understand the appeal.

• Agree
Reactions: mindfulzen
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting topic.
---
One fellow (on another Christian Forum) started..tattoos thread.
His view/perspective:
- It is okay for Christians..(tattoos with Christian symbols).
- Sometimes helpful..for outreach.
---
*I do not like tattoos..

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I think God gave us a mouth for outreach ....

I agree.... I don't particularly like them either .......A strategically placed (very small) rose or dove ....I can deal with, but like the previous post (Bella), I wont date a woman with tats....That's just a personal preference ....it does not diminish who they are as a person.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Subdood

Jul 14, 2008
Cloud 8.95
✟44,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I think tattoos are ugly and mar a person's attractiveness. I am instantly repulsed by women who have them. I don't care how "expert" the artwork is - and admittedly some of the artwork is very good. But good art using the human skin for its canvas is no different than graffiti on a building - it enhances neither and diminishes both.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Personally, I think tattoos are ugly and mar a person's attractiveness. I am instantly repulsed by women who have them. I don't care how "expert" the artwork is - and admittedly some of the artwork is very good. But good art using the human skin for its canvas is no different than graffiti on a building - it enhances neither and diminishes both.

I concur. I don't do tats, piercings, weird hairstyles or colors. That alleviates a lot. Self-expression is fine. I don't use my body as a canvas or want others who do the same. Its a question of dignity.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subdood

Jul 14, 2008
Cloud 8.95
✟44,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I concur. I don't do tats, piercings, weird hairstyles or colors. That alleviates a lot. Self-expression is fine. I don't use my body as a canvas or want others who do the same. Its a question of dignity.

~bella
Totally agree. It's the epitome of class, something we seem to be shedding, layer by layer in favor of the grotesque.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Totally agree. It's the epitome of class, something we seem to be shedding, layer by layer in favor of the grotesque.

Cream rises. We recognize one another. They've made it easy. :)

~bella

Reactions: Subdood
Upvote 0

Subdood

Jul 14, 2008
Cloud 8.95
✟44,468.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cream rises. We recognize one another. They've made it easy. :)

~bella
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight." (I Peter 3:3ff) ...and men too.

"I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God." (I Tim 2:9f) Very few women today realize just how attractive this is to [real] men.

Amen. I appreciate your comments. God bless. :thumbsup:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always feel sad when I'm at a wedding and you see a tattoo on a young woman. Just seems like they are defacing God's work!

Yes, and it is the same for men --'defacing God's work'. There is no suggestion of such behavior in the Bible for the saints, so such a thing can only be 'vanity of the flesh'; and God speaks much against vanity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The oldest tattoo parlor in the world is located in Jerusalem, it has been in operation since about 1300 AD by Coptic Christians. The tradition of Coptic Christians getting tattoos is very old, and has been part of their Christian identity in Egypt for centuries. When Egypt fell out of the hands of the Byzantines and became part of the succession of various Muslim Caliphates and kingdoms, Copts marked their very skin to identify themselves as Christians, the property of Jesus Christ, in the midst of a predominantly Muslim culture.

IMG_2434.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
green is my favorite color
except for the color of tattoos

IMHO- they look ugly

Everyone has different tastes. And that's okay.

What's important is to remember that each of us is free in such matters according to our conscience.

I don't like celery, but some people love celery. And that's okay.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Leviticus 19:28

" nor print any marks upon you: I am Jehovah."

Or shave the edges of your beard. Leviticus 19:27

But since I'm not Jewish, but a Christian, neither applies to me.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.