Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found it. I found the actual evidence. Just look at these violent, evil bigots trashing this Target store.

Oh wait. My bad.
This can't be. I keep being assured that according to the statistics there isn't a crime problem.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well at least it makes it clear that there's a connection between Satanic and LGBTQ+.
It's that same connection with people who grow up in the church and become satanists because God is presented as evil in their childhood.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that display had been a person, and the perpetrator was wearing any other hat, this would be reported as a peaceful protest; an understandable display of frustration. "No justice, no peace", and all that.
No, he was not simply wearing the hat, he’s one of those geniuses filming themselves destroying property.

This “protest” has nothing to do with “justice”. It’s simple bullying.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went online to Target to buy some LGBTQ merch to demonstrate my support.
Did you get the satanic-themed LGBTQ+ clothing and accessories for children?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, he was not simply wearing the hat, he’s one of those geniuses filming themselves destroying property.

This “protest” has nothing to do with “justice”. It’s simple bullying.
It was one single person who's known as an internet troll who posts his pranks and hijinks to social media.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's that same connection with people who grow up in the church and become satanists because God is presented as evil in their childhood.
I'm not quite getting what you're getting at, could you elaborate please?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm not quite getting what you're getting at, could you elaborate please?
Satanism basically takes a world view that God is evil and Satan is good.

In their childhood they were treated poorly by people claiming to act on behalf of God to the point of God being blasphemed among the heathen because those people.

Since this was their primary experience, you will find people being kind to others and a satanist. This is because the God of the church is associated with evil in their minds. This association is created over years of the followers of God behaving in an evil fashion towards these children.

There are other forms of satanism, so it doesn't always apply. However, since the church has been associated with poor treatment of the LGBT community, the satanism merchandise makes sense.

When things like this happen, it is up to the church to respond in a more Jesus like manner in the future towards all people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satanism basically takes a world view that God is evil and Satan is good.

In their childhood they were treated poorly by people claiming to act on behalf of God to the point of God being blasphemed among the heathen because those people.

Since this was their primary experience, you will find people being kind to others and a satanist. This is because the God of the church is associated with evil in their minds. This association is created over years of the followers of God behaving in an evil fashion towards these children.

There are other forms of satanism, so it doesn't always apply. However, since the church has been associated with poor treatment of the LGBT community, the satanism merchandise makes sense.

When things like this happen, it is up to the church to respond in a more Jesus like manner in the future towards all people.
Satanism is primarily about hedonism. Self gratification and the doing away of conventional mores that hold one back from self gratification. And that's the connection it has with LGBTQA+.

It's always interesting to see someone who has Christian in their profile going out of their way to besmirch Christianity

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I certainly wouldn't have thought that threatening sales clerks was an appropriate response.

I don't think it is, either. There is a strain of American Christianity that reacts to things it doesn't like by becoming very mob-like, and I don't like it at all. Why resort to that in a country where we have a constitutionally-established right to protest? When you reach for 'top-shelf' reactions to mundane things, what room is left for serious responses to serious threats? This is why generic 'American Christianity' often comes across like the boy who cried wolf. I don't like Satanically-themed clothing, and that's why I wouldn't buy it, and I would argue that others shouldn't either, but reacting as though you're Jesus clearing the temple of moneychangers when in reality you are a hothead bullying some poor kid who stocks shelves at Target is just delusional.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Satanism is primarily about hedonism. Self gratification and the doing away of conventional mores that hold one back from self gratification. And that's the connection it has with LGBTQA+.

It's always interesting to see someone who has Christian in their profile going out of their way to besmirch Christianity
That is one form of satanism that was invented in the 1990s.

I hold Christianity to a high standard because I know it can do better.

In the present age, you wouldn't have to walk far until you find someone who has an abuse story about how the church treated them. Acting like this does not exist, is not in line with worshiping God in Spirit and in Truth. Since is God is blasphemed among those who do not believe because of such conduct, being in denial about it would be the opposite of worship or truth.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is one form of satanism that was invented in the 1990s.
The 60s actually. But it's the basic theme of satanism in general. It's all about opposites. Christ says don't live according to the flesh, so satanism says do live according to the flesh.
I hold Christianity to a high standard because I know it can do better.

In the present age, you wouldn't have to walk far until you find someone who has an abuse story about how the church treated them. Acting like this does not exist, is not in line with worshiping God in Spirit and in Truth. Since is God is blasphemed among those who do not believe because of such conduct, being in denial about it would be the opposite of worship or truth.
I think those who reject Christ are hostile towards him and especially his church, so their testimony probably isn't particularly accurate. They put themself in the state of mind about how horrible it was to put up a wall to keep from being drawn back to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm happy for Christians who stand up for their beliefs, even if it doesn't make them popular. Good for Target for getting rid of this garbage.
They didn't get rid of their LGBTQ stuff; they merely moved it out of easy access to the vandals and troublemakers.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
They didn't get rid of their LGBTQ stuff; they merely moved it out of easy access to the vandals and troublemakers.
What troublemakers? Those who don't agree with the lifestyle?

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People have a right to make a complaint if they think it's inappropriate.
Making a complaint is not the issue it’s harassing employees or vandalizing the displays.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0