Talk to God

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "The Father and I are one." When you look at a crucifix and see the Godman, Jesus hanging there, dying and then dead, for all Your sins and everything you have ever done wrong or will ever do wrong, That is the picture of the FAther God that you need to picture when you talk to Him.

Jesus is God. Jesus said He came down from Heaven for the purpose of freely laying his life down to take away All of your sins and mine, so that we will no longer be separated from the love of God. That we can draw close to God, even to His throneroom-to chat with Him, just like a best friend.

Our parents are models to us, of what authority is like. If they were caring, nurturing, accepting and forgiving-then we have a flavor of the love God has for us.

Unfortunately many of us had/have parents who were the opposite or didnt express Gods attributes to us. That is why learning about God and what He is like, is so important in order to develop a love and relationship with HIm.

Jesus said He didnt come into the world to condemn the world, but that through Him they might be saved, and to give more abundant life.

We are dealing with a God of love. What IS love!? Well-that is why we need to seek God, read His Living Word, pray, seek fellowship with believers and listen to praise music and teaching tapes and programs about God and His Word.

We are on a journey and we will spend our lives growing in knowledge, wisdom and understanding of our Creator, the one who truly loves us and wants us to have our joy complete-by trusting, knowing and loving Him.

God bless you in your journey ahead. Amen. Jesus, bless this person seeking to be Your best friend and to love and trust You, the way You so desire. Amen. Amen.

Upvote 0

kdrmckinney

Veteran
Dec 10, 2007
Kentucky
Visit site
✟9,194.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
God is patient, long-suffering, unendingly kind, merciful, compassionate, and loves you very, very much. Don't be afraid to let him love you; it is a glorious place to be, although getting to that point can be scary because it requires trust. When you have had a parent that you couldn't trust, this is especially hard (I know firsthand.). Pray for the ability to trust and He will grant it abundantly. Bless you.
Denise M

Upvote 0

TexasSky

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
Texas
✟12,139.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe, based on my own relationship with God, that He is very patient, very loving, very forgiving. That His rules were made to protect me from harm, and that sometimes I just cannot see that, so He is firm, and "stubborn," for my sake. He shows mercy that I cannot ever earn, and picks me up, with loving arms, when I fall or fail.

Verses for my view:
John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believeth on Him should not perish, but have every lasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved."

Romans 8:39 "Nor, height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God."

Matthew 6:25-26
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will war. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

Upvote 0

LadyMarion52

Veteran
May 13, 2007
Gulf Coast of MS
✟9,367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do you all talk to God? I always imagined him as someone who easily lost his temper, didn't allow anyone to make mistakes, overly critical of every step everyone does, likes to punish, throws tantrums, etc. Kind of like my father when I was younger.
Hi hon, Sometimes we put our dad's personality in God's personality and sometimes that is a wrong preception. My dad was a holiness preacher and was horrible as a father even though I loved him he was very angry and mean. I used to think "if that's who God is I don't want to know Him". So when I was young I practiced Wiccan just to get at him I think. God delivered me from that and then I started to learn that God is not mean at all. He's like a good parent who wants His children to act right. When His children acts bad He corrects them by using circumstances that will bring them back to the right way. When we get saved we are covered by the Blood of Jesus so when God looks at us He don't see all our horrible stuff He see's us through His Son's eyes so He is merciful and gracious and kind and loving. Honey God does Judge sin but He is gracious and Just to Forgive us when we ask for forgiveness of those sins. We are to try not to keep doing the same sins over and over but to change.

Now I wll tell you how I talk to God. I sit in a chair and act as if He is sitting in one next to me. And I talk to Him telling HIm everything that is on my mind even the bad things because He knows already anyway. I am honest with Him and I always tell Him I love Him and I thank Him for the sacrifice of Jesus. But other than that I talk to Him like He were a person. In people language. I leave off the thee's and thou's etc and just have a conversation with Him. Sometimes when things are going horrible and i've prayed and prayed I just sit down and ask Him what am I doing wrong that my prayers aren't answered. I keep a notebook nearby and sometimes I will just write what comes into my mind during these sessions. It's really surprising that He will talk back to You. You can tell Him everything. He understands. He hates sin but loves the sinner and want them to change those things that stand in the way. So that's my story. I dont' know how others do it but I just talk to Him like He was my Father. But not my bad daddy but a great Father who deserves honor and respect and glory etc....... I show Him respect etc but I just converse with Him on my level. It's worked for me since 1986 when I came to Jesus on Fathers Day. I hope this helps and if it doesn't help then just discard it. But pray about it before you do. I am here to pray for you if you need it and if you need to talk you have my permission to email me anytime. If I can help I will. If I don't know I'll ask someone who does or just pray about it. God loves us. He wants to communicate with us. He wants you to reach out and Touch Him. He'll listen no matter how simple the prayer. God bless you honey. Love Lady Marion

Dear Lord Jesus please help this person to be able to converse with You. Give him Wisdom and Understanding of You by the Power of Your Spirit. Lord I know You want to talk to Your people and You want them to have a relationship with You. Please lead and guide this person in the way they should go and bless them in Jesus Name Amen

Upvote 0

jsu5381m

May 15, 2007
✟15,471.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Hi hon, Sometimes we put our dad's personality in God's personality and sometimes that is a wrong preception. My dad was a holiness preacher and was horrible as a father even though I loved him he was very angry and mean. I used to think "if that's who God is I don't want to know Him". So when I was young I practiced Wiccan just to get at him I think. God delivered me from that and then I started to learn that God is not mean at all. He's like a good parent who wants His children to act right. When His children acts bad He corrects them by using circumstances that will bring them back to the right way. When we get saved we are covered by the Blood of Jesus so when God looks at us He don't see all our horrible stuff He see's us through His Son's eyes so He is merciful and gracious and kind and loving. Honey God does Judge sin but He is gracious and Just to Forgive us when we ask for forgiveness of those sins. We are to try not to keep doing the same sins over and over but to change.

Now I wll tell you how I talk to God. I sit in a chair and act as if He is sitting in one next to me. And I talk to Him telling HIm everything that is on my mind even the bad things because He knows already anyway. I am honest with Him and I always tell Him I love Him and I thank Him for the sacrifice of Jesus. But other than that I talk to Him like He were a person. In people language. I leave off the thee's and thou's etc and just have a conversation with Him. Sometimes when things are going horrible and i've prayed and prayed I just sit down and ask Him what am I doing wrong that my prayers aren't answered. I keep a notebook nearby and sometimes I will just write what comes into my mind during these sessions. It's really surprising that He will talk back to You. You can tell Him everything. He understands. He hates sin but loves the sinner and want them to change those things that stand in the way. So that's my story. I dont' know how others do it but I just talk to Him like He was my Father. But not my bad daddy but a great Father who deserves honor and respect and glory etc....... I show Him respect etc but I just converse with Him on my level. It's worked for me since 1986 when I came to Jesus on Fathers Day. I hope this helps and if it doesn't help then just discard it. But pray about it before you do. I am here to pray for you if you need it and if you need to talk you have my permission to email me anytime. If I can help I will. If I don't know I'll ask someone who does or just pray about it. God loves us. He wants to communicate with us. He wants you to reach out and Touch Him. He'll listen no matter how simple the prayer. God bless you honey. Love Lady Marion

Dear Lord Jesus please help this person to be able to converse with You. Give him Wisdom and Understanding of You by the Power of Your Spirit. Lord I know You want to talk to Your people and You want them to have a relationship with You. Please lead and guide this person in the way they should go and bless them in Jesus Name Amen

I know what you mean by holiness preacher. This is a big reason I have stopped attending church. I also can't stand preachers who condem single people thinking there is something wrong with them that they are not married.

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Jsu, I agree with Lady, God wants to hear from you no matter how you approach it. You can pray for guidance in prayer too. I will look up some scriptures that may help you tomorrow sometime, but I am having trouble keeping my eyes open at the minute. God loves you and he led you here as proof. He knows your heart and he wants to talk to you too. I will pray with you for now.

Father, thank you for joining us in prayer and for all of your blessings. Lead our brother to the vs he is seeking and give him the wisdom and guidance to continue seeking you. In Jesus name I pray giving you all the glory. Amen!

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 42:8
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 86:15
But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

Romans 8:38-39
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Thessalonians 1:4
For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,

There are so many more..
Praying that God will reveal His love to you, brother.
God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do you all talk to God? I always imagined him as someone who easily lost his temper, didn't allow anyone to make mistakes, overly critical of every step everyone does, likes to punish, throws tantrums, etc. Kind of like my father when I was younger.
Talk to God like He is your best friend because He is. He created you and wants you to succeed and will run to any of His children when they are in need. I know this because His actions speak much louder than any words. I am praying for you...
Christian.gif

Father we pray for Your Holy Spirit to enter this matter and meet all needs. We know nothing is impossible for You and we pray for Your divine intervention. As Your children we know to expect a miracle. It is in Jesus Beloved, Holy, Gentle and Mighty Name we pray.
Amen

Upvote 0