USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It certainly is. I've just been through the process (made that bit more complicated, of course, by the fact that it's also a new job...). My prayers for you as you work your way through the maze to the right place!
Thank you. We've done it before but it's something that for us has not gotten any easier. Yet the fruit of this labor is worth the effort and frustration. It's great that you've found a church home. There's nothing like it IMO.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He wasn't punitive.....he was restorative.
Restoration is something that very few congregational leaders are interested in. Too much work perhaps?

There was an assistant pastor in a denominational congregation who was having a rough patch in his marriage. We will call him "Gene." The senior pastor was about to apply for him to be fully ordained and installed his own congregation; but Gene said it was not a good time due to his marital situation. So the senior pastor gave him 6 months to get it straightened out. Not another mention was made until the 6 month mark when the senior pastor asked him if everything had been straightened out, Gene said it was actually worse, so the senior pastor fired him on the spot. A short time later his wife left and divorced him.

"Gene" has since remarried and is now ordained in another denomination.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's great that you've found a church home. There's nothing like it IMO.

Thank you! Just going through the interminable stage of preliminary police checks and all that fun stuff.

Far out, Dave, that's atrocious pastoral care!

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

I made a post once in WWMC about how an the academic Sola Scriptura approach I learned in college is actually is turned me to the more progressive side of Christianity. I still find that to be true, so I would the reason I am egalitarian is because of how seriously I take scripture.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Far out, Dave, that's atrocious pastoral care!
Indeed. He did say that about a decade later the organization he is with now was asked to come to his former congregation and they sent him (and his new wife) The pastor apologized to him and he and the new wife were both welcomed. So it did eventually straighten out - but it took a decade.

Upvote 0