Mar 14, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟7,796.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Assuming the official story of 9/11 is more or less correct, Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda may have been laying a trap for President Bush, who took the bait. And is still taking it.

Most of us assumed, as Bush did, that the 9/11 attacks were, like Pearl Harbor, the beginning of a war, in which more such attacks would follow quickly. We debated all kinds of measures to prevent another 9/11: arming airline pilots, sealing our homes with duct tape, invading Afghanistan and Iraq. We even talked about terrorists “conquering” the United States.

But there has been no repetition of 9/11. Why should there be? Our friend Osama planned a brilliant crime on the cheap, and got a lot of bang for his buck. The U.S. Government overreacted wildly, striking at the wrong targets from the U.S. Constitution to Baghdad. Meanwhile, the Muslim world is inflamed against us, while most of the West looks at us with misgivings.

Is Osama disappointed today? Aren’t this American freak-out and global uproar just what he must have foreseen, expected, and therefore intended? Isn’t Bush really serving Osama’s purposes even now? The crimes of 9/11 are still paying rich dividends.

Full article by Joe Sobran here

Grace & Peace, Rab

Selznak

No King But Jesus
Jul 6, 2003
Nevada
✟17,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for posting the excerpt and link Rab! Joe Sobran has written another good one. US military actions in the Middle East today are only going to engender hatred and mistrust for many years to come. Instead of making America and the rest of the world safer Bush has accomplished just the opposite.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A thought-provoking post. Thanks Rab. I have wondered some of the same things. Although, I also wonder how many of Bush's company were willing to encourage him to take the bait in order to bring on the end times. I know that's terrible conspiracy theory - but it did cross my mind.

Upvote 0

Rab Tull

Mar 14, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟7,796.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Ikaria said:
Oooh, good one! :eek: I hadn't thought about it this way before, but now I look at it, the whole thing makes a lot of sense.

He's a sneaky one, that Osama...! ;)

It doesn't take much to outsmart the Boy Emperor. 9/11 was a boon to the Neocons pulling Bush's strings. They got to start the glorious world revolution they had longed for.

Grace & Peace, Rab

Upvote 0