Taking Joy in the distress of others.

No Swansong

Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!
Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
On another thread a member made a comment concerning the delicious tears of liberals. I asked why they would take joy in the distress of others and they attempted to justify doing so by attempting to lump all liberals in the same groups and making claims that they are all trying to destroy the Church etc. I wish to ask, if our political enemies become distressed should we as Christians take joy in their distress? Please provide an explanation for your position.

• Haha
Reactions: Uber Genius

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus didn't go to the cross so liberal Christians could deny Jesus went to the cross.

Liberals have an agenda, Conservatives have and agenda. I haven't heard a single liberal comment on the tax cut and regulation reduction that has galvanized our economy.

I have watched Alan Dershowitz decry the liberals attempt to remove Trump from office. I have heard Heraldo Rivera decry the liberal fake news. So it hardly seems fitting to compare insensitivity of conservatives when the liberals have mounted what appears to be a coup attempt involving the leaders of the Obama DOJ and FBI faking the investigation of Hillary and then taking Hillary and DNC fake dossier to apply for a FISA that would spy on Trump. That is treasonous!

So unless you have an argument in support of how fake news, censorship of conservative views by google and Facebook et. al., pretending illegal aliens are more important than are own citizens, saddling our children with huge debt, driving our economy into the gutter, character assassination of potential SCOTUS justices is somehow the moral high-grown or can be associated with Christian practice in some way, thank God all you receive is some light mocking. Look at how Republicans are being driven out of restaurants in DC by liberals foaming at the mouth.

Appeal for sanity to your own liberals before you chide conservatives for laughing when high school drop out movie stars claim they are going to Canada and that "Reagan, Bush HW, Bush W, Trump is Not my president!"

Liberals have acted disgraceful. They have taken advantage of the gentility of Republicans since at least the 1980s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wish to ask, if our political enemies become distressed should we as Christians take joy in their distress?
Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Reactions: No Swansong
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Jesus didn't go to the cross so liberal Christians could deny Jesus went to the cross.

Liberals have an agenda, Conservatives have and agenda. I haven't heard a single liberal comment on the tax cut and regulation reduction that has galvanized our economy.

I have watched Alan Dershowitz decry the liberals attempt to remove Trump from office. I have heard Heraldo Rivera decry the liberal fake news. So it hardly seems fitting to compare insensitivity of conservatives when the liberals have mounted what appears to be a coup attempt involving the leaders of the Obama DOJ and FBI faking the investigation of Hillary and then taking Hillary and DNC fake dossier to apply for a FISA that would spy on Trump. That is treasonous!

So unless you have an argument in support of how fake news, censorship of conservative views by google and Facebook et. al., pretending illegal aliens are more important than are own citizens, saddling our children with huge debt, driving our economy into the gutter, character assassination of potential SCOTUS justices is somehow the moral high-grown or can be associated with Christian practice in some way, thank God all you receive is some light mocking. Look at how Republicans are being driven out of restaurants in DC by liberals foaming at the mouth.

Appeal for sanity to your own liberals before you chide conservatives for laughing when high school drop out movie stars claim they are going to Canada and that "Reagan, Bush HW, Bush W, Trump is Not my president!"

Liberals have acted disgraceful. They have taken advantage of the gentility of Republicans since at least the 1980s.
First, I'm not a liberal and you didn't answer the question.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
First, I'm not a liberal and you didn't answer the question.

Sorry, thought you wrote,

another thread a member made a comment concerning the delicious tears of liberals

Was responding to that complaint!

Find it astounding that one would complain about causing the liberals emotional distress, and not recognized the greater issue that the liberals are physically attacking conservatives at colleges and making death threats during presentations by people like Ben Shapiro and Ann Coulter, making plays about killing the President, making death threats against the president.

Liberal leaders are telling their followers tonal tack conservatives in restaurants, and at gas stations!

Anarchy, censorship, propaganda, encouraging murder.

Liberals are taking a page from pre-WW2 Nazism and you are inveighing about making fun of them? Get serious.

So the whole highlighting small infractions like making people cry is similar to saying that by calling the Nazis in post-WW2 Germany "genecidal," we hurt their feelings.

I thought my hyperbole and invective would have be made my position clear.

And your being or not being liberal is a non-sequitur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Appeal for sanity to your own liberals

Did you not write the above implication?

And your being or not being liberal is a non-sequitur.

It's not a non-sequitur if I am replying to an implication.

I reply in the same manner to anyone who claims to be Christian regardless the side of the aisle upon which they sit. I have plenty of criticism for liberals. The last thing however you can accuse either side of being is gentile.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

No Swansong

Apr 14, 2004
Ohio
✟28,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Haha I didn't realize my comment bothered you that much in the other thread. It was not as serious as you thought it was. You gotta chill man.
Actually it didn't bother me all that much I only wanted to know what others think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually it didn't bother me all that much I only wanted to know what others think.

It was more of a joke more than anything. Although if you want to be serious, in revelations it talks about the final judgement being dealt against the wicked and there is a sense of vindication. Doesn't mean that we should be glad but there is usually a sense of justice in the bible when the wicked get "what they deserve".

Upvote 0