London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't sure what category to post this in, this category felt like the most appropriate.

I believe no matter what religion somebody may follow, we are all with the same God. I wouldn't say I'm 100% Christian I'd say I'm a bit of everything in terms of religion. My mind is always wide open to things because of stuff I have experienced with the paranormal throughout my life.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be Jewish and before I go any further with this I want want to say I don't want to offend anybody Jewish I respect all religions and I don't judge. I know very little about the Jewish religion. I find them interesting and have become curious for some years. I like the way they dress with top hats and old style clothing.

I live in London so there are many Jewish people around and I'd be interested in knowing more and possibly attending there place of worship but at the same time I feel like I'd be intruding... I would like to learn more.

Any suggestions?

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @anything1234, Jewish synagogues are open to the public (they don't practice secret rituals that they want to hide from the public), so go and check out a service or two if you'd like to. Just FYI, you will probably be more comfortable, and perhaps feel like you are better received, as a visitor in a Reformed or a Conservative synagogue (rather than an Orthodox or Ultra-Orthodox/Hasidic synagogue), though how you are received will vary from synagogue to synagogue, of course.

A yarmulke is probably not required for men in a Reformed synagogue, but even there it is probably a good idea to wear one out of respect (hopefully the synagogue that you visit will be able to lend you one .. perhaps you should call the synagogue that you intend to visit and ask them if they make them available to visitors).

--David
p.s. - question, why do you believe that all religions follow the same God :scratch:

I ask because of what we know of the various religions' "gods", and their VASTLY differing beliefs as well. For instance, the Hindus have over 330,000,000 "gods" (none of whom are named YHWH, nor are they anything like Him), and the Buddhists don't believe that there is a "god". In fact, it seems to me that most (if not all) religions are pretty exclusive, not the least of which is Christianity.

Here are a couple of examples from the Bible.

John 14
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
Acts 4
12 “There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

• Winner
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't say I'm 100% Christian I'd say I'm a bit of everything in terms of religion. My mind is always wide open to things because of stuff I have experienced with the paranormal throughout my life.

May I ask what do you belief the bibe teaches what a Christian is?
Would you also say how you determine what is truth?

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0