Taken or left

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
1st Thessalonians 4:17 where it says that the elect shall be “caught up” to meet Yehsua in the air... "caught up" is harpazo

Strong’s #G726 – harpazō ἁρπάζω

To seize, carry off by force, to seize on, claim for one’s self eagerly, to snatch out, take by force, pluck, carry away.”

Reading 1st Thessalonians 4:17 in Italian we can see the term “rapiti” which is the conjugated verb from where we get the word “rapturo:”

1st Tessalonicesi 4:17 (La Nuova Diodati)
Poi noi viventi, che saremo rimasti saremo rapiti assieme a loro sulle nuvole, per incontrare il Signore nell'aria; cosí saremo sempre col Signore.

The verb “rapito” in Italian is as follows: rapito: kidnapped, abducted; rapt, charmed, fascinated, enchanted.

Matthew 25: 1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes; go you out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.......

It is obvious that the wise virgins have already been “taken” into the marriage, but these foolish virgins have been “left” out of the marriage! The five wise “went” into the marriage and the “door was shut.”

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Master, Master open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

Verse 13 is a hint regarding “The day that no man knows.” This phrase is a Hebrew Idiom describing the Feast of Trumpets, in Hebrew it is called Yom Teruw’ah.
Why is the Feast of Trumpets nick-named “The day that no man knows?” The Feast of Trumpets is the only feast outlined in Leviticus 23 wherein the commencement of it is determined by the sighting of the new moon. No man on earth can determine exactly when this feast will begin, because only the Father in heaven can control when the moon shows itself in the sky. In Acts 1:7 our Messiah said to his disciples “It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in his own power.”

In 2nd Kings 2:9, Elijah is about to be “taken” away in a Chariot of Fire, and in this account, the Hebrew word for “taken” is Strong’s #H3947 “laqach” meaning

“To marry, take a wife, snatch, take possession of, take in marriage, receive, accept, seize, acquire, buy, select, choose.”

As you can see this is all “marriage covenant” language! In 2nd Kings 9:8 Ahab and the rest of the wicked are “left” behind and the Hebrew word for “left” is Strong’s #H5800 “azab” which means: to abandon, forsake, neglect, apostatise, to depart from, leave behind.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 13:24-30
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field, but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.

The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:36-43
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 13:47-50
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. But wouldn't harpazo as “To seize, carry off by force, to seize on, claim for one’s self eagerly, to snatch out, take by force, pluck, carry away" fit more with the Day of the Lord, and Yeshua, coming as a thief in the night?

1Th 5:2-6 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. (3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. (4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. (5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. (6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 25: 1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes; go you out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.......

It is obvious that the wise virgins have already been “taken” into the marriage, but these foolish virgins have been “left” out of the marriage! The five wise “went” into the marriage and the “door was shut.”

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Master, Master open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes.
Doesn't the "Then" at the beginning of Matt 25:1 connect that sentence to the previous passage in Matt 24? Isn't Yeshua showing the differences between those who are ready, and those who are not?

Mat 24:45-47 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? (46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. (47) Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

Mat 24:48-51 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; (49) And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; (50) The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, (51) And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Maybe we just see things differently? Some see the end times as going to a wedding and some see it as a rescue?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Doesn't the "Then" at the beginning of Matt 25:1 connect that sentence to the previous passage in Matt 24? Isn't Yeshua showing the differences between those who are ready, and those who are not?

Mat 24:45-47 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? (46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. (47) Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

Mat 24:48-51 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; (49) And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; (50) The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, (51) And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Maybe we just see things differently? Some see the end times as going to a wedding and some see it as a rescue?
Both can be correct, the bride gets the wedding, the guest get rescued. 144,000 and the vast multitude no man can number.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Both can be correct, the bride gets the wedding, the guest get rescued. 144,000 and the vast multitude no man can number.
"The bride" meaning the Christians? Some believe Christians are the bride of Yeshua, and Israel (including the 144,000?) is still married to God.
"The vast number no man can number" = the righteous among the nations?

Upvote 0