Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
t's 12 years, and it may get even older because of the pandemic.

The average age of vehicles on US roads has been climbing since the 2008 recession. With new-vehicle sales suppressed by the pandemic, that trend is not slowing, Car and Driver reports. The average age of a car in use now is 11.9 years, IHS Markit found, a one-month increase over last year. In 2019, 6.1% of vehicles on the road were new; that's expected to drop closer to 5% this year.

Take Your Guess on Average Age of US Car

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mine is 20 years old, my son's is 10... I think a great many have older vehicles.

I do have a sister in law who leases though, although for her it's her best option as she puts a lot of miles on a vehicle and it's just easier than to worry about repairs all the time, especially as she's an RN so work is far more important. Not so easy to call out because of car troubles.

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mine is 20 years old, my son's is 10... I think a great many have older vehicles.

I do have a sister in law who leases though, although for her it's her best option as she puts a lot of miles on a vehicle and it's just easier than to worry about repairs all the time, especially as she's an RN so work is far more important. Not so easy to call out because of car troubles.
What make is your vehicle?

Upvote 0