Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I have decided to go out in the world and be a long suffering victim of Christian persecution. I will take the insults, criticism, and harassment. If I'm tempted to sin, I will try and if I fail, I failed the test. Then I'll be tested again and again until I pass the test.

St. Theresa of Avila had leg pain. She went to doctors, she prayed. Then she realized, "the pain is still there. It doesn't bother now my soul is being served by it." Mindfulness doesn't lead to happiness, it leads to bliss.

I love it.

What are your thoughts?

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 2:20-21
what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure that Christians are ever called to seek suffering, but to obey God which may lead to suffering. Setting yourself up to be a martyr would be bad stewardship of the life and time God has given you, in my personal opinion. Not to mention treating your body badly which is the temple of His Holy Spirit.

If, however, you mean boldly sharing your faith and seeking the Lost for Christ, then by all means go and do it. Though doing that doesn't necessarily mean leaving the normality of every day life, either... You can be bold for Christ wherever you are, whether taking kids to school or doing laundry at a laundromat or shopping for groceries. If you are unashamedly a Christ-follower, the opposition will find you soon enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have decided to go out in the world and be a long suffering victim of Christian persecution. I will take the insults, criticism, and harassment. If I'm tempted to sin, I will try and if I fail, I failed the test. Then I'll be tested again and again until I pass the test.

St. Theresa of Avila had leg pain. She went to doctors, she prayed. Then she realized, "the pain is still there. It doesn't bother now my soul is being served by it." Mindfulness doesn't lead to happiness, it leads to bliss.

I love it.

What are your thoughts?

If you are tempted you should resist it and not easily give into it. If you fall once it gets harder and harder to overcome your temptation the next time. It ends up becoming a stronghold in your life. The Lord's prayer says "lead me not into temptation" not "help me run into temptation". My son, if sinners entice you, do not give in to them. Proverbs 1:10
Here's a great teaching on this topic that I just listened to yesterday.

Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I love it.

What are your thoughts?
Greetings,

I think the desire you have is similar to what the first century Christians had. They sought to do everything they can to put God first, no matter the consequences. I think it is commendable what you are wanting to do. I would like to give a word of caution to not go out 'gun-ho', without consulting with God about what type of ministry does he want you to do. NOTE: I am not saying to ask God if you should go out and preach the gospel, we have enough scriptures to represent that is what all Christians need to do; I am saying for you to pray and ask God what type of evangelism is he calling you to do. My personal advice would be for you to read the four gospels again (assuming you have already) and see what type of life did Jesus and His followers lived as they were preaching the gospel. This can give you a clue in what God may be wanting you to do.

Peace

Upvote 0