Take me as I am, and make something amazing happen.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I prayer I said about an hour ago: "Lord, I stand here tired, wet, and holding a shoelace that my cat likes to play with. Take me as I am, and make something amazing happen."

The bolded part is a prayer I've been saying almost daily, and I included the first sentence to show that any situation, no matter how mundane or weird, can be an opportunity for holiness.

It's a great prayer to plug into random parts of your day, though you will quickly find that there's really nothing random about when you say it.

Lord, take us as we are, and make something amazing happen.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is quite profound, here I am on the night watch...can't sleep, cocoa in hand and reading your prayer. God bless...

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I prayer I said about an hour ago: "Lord, I stand here tired, wet, and holding a shoelace that my cat likes to play with. Take me as I am, and make something amazing happen."

The bolded part is a prayer I've been saying almost daily, and I included the first sentence to show that any situation, no matter how mundane or weird, can be an opportunity for holiness.

It's a great prayer to plug into random parts of your day, though you will quickly find that there's really nothing random about when you say it.

Lord, take us as we are, and make something amazing happen.
We are all with you in this prayer...Lord make something amazing happen...

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That is quite profound, here I am on the night watch...can't sleep, cocoa in hand and reading your prayer. God bless...
Ah, gotta love night duty; you're job is very important...or so you keep telling yourself! I been there, man, keep rockin' the cocoa!

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Today I found myself just saying "help me" and I felt it was more effective than many of my more elaborate prayers. The spirit knows what we need.
I've found a similar method; sometimes, I'll just look up and say "Mercy!" or "God?".

Long prayers have their place, and have definitely helped me out, sometimes just by talking over a problem with the Holy Spirit, but those 1-word prayers can be the best in the right place.

Upvote 0