• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Take it from experience: you don't want to just beat your psychosis, you want to tame it

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So yes, a word of hope here: it is possible to tame your psychosis - in a manner of speaking.

Initially, schizophrenia (for example) can be very wild and unchecked, but with proper self-care (meditation, diet, medication - to an extent - exercise), you can reach a point, where you feel very "self-satisfied" with it (the condition). If you can achieve that, that is great, but you are sort of sitting tight, hoping that it doesn't get triggered again - this is a place of security, but it is a minimal place (of security).

If you remember the words in Revelation "blessed are those who died in the Lord from now on, for their works shall follow after them", you will realise that it is possible, to go beyond a place of mere security to quietness and confidence (which is strength) - by taking control of the undercurrent you were struggling with, it is possible to reach a point where your condition is "tamed" ("tamed" meaning predictable, sedate and consequent only in the sense that God intended it). The price of reaching this point, is to surrender - not just initially, but completely -, it becomes a state that you trust even without thinking about it, that it will follow through, only where it is needed, that is, to the limit God intended for it to take effect, that it help you and those with you). You need to pray about it, you need to defer the decision to God and you need to expect that it will bow to the Name of Jesus.

The benefits of taking total command of your condition are manifold: a peace, an understanding, a grace - purity of intent, in my case, the notion that no emotional reaction happens to a man, but that God be much more consistently praised. Its like saying the condition, in me, is a friend to God, as I am a friend (of God). It's movements are a strength, just as my other faculties are a strength - I am able to lift myself up in the Lord, and praise Him: both for what the condition does, but also the limit that it reaches, which it cannot reach beyond - but by God. The words of your heart start to follow, start to bubble up, start to pour forth as living waters, but unlike the living waters of others (of normal people) they well up with love and suffering mixed together, in beautiful harmony - harmony that spills over into praises for God, in everything He does -- even the difficult stuff.

The point is, that your mental condition (be it schizophrenia, or any other condition in principle) can become something very natural, something you trust, something you perfect!

Let God hold you, let God show you.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mine has calmed much since being a real Christian for 19 years. God blessed my struggles, took delusions, and set me on a rock. Any growth I owe to Him. It’s an affliction in my flesh but my spirit and the HS are ok and I have the mind of Christ. Sometimes I get in the flesh for too long and suffer. But remember to be led by the spirit ruled by the spirit. I always have to be separating my flesh from my spirit.
Other people face ministry, jobs, people, witnessing. I have to be always working on my mental health. Not as fulfilling I think. But God is good.

Upvote 0