Take a break and post a song that describes the political enviroment.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,340,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
FLAG US flag animated 2.gif

Note: Anyone who waves our flag upside down, sticking their middle finger up at us and our country, demanding entry into our country, and cursing us, and our country, should never be allowed anywhere NEAR this country. EVER.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." ~Jam 5:16

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
View attachment 246863

Note: Anyone who waves our flag upside down, sticking their middle finger up at us and our country, demanding entry into our country, and cursing us, and our country, should never be allowed anywhere NEAR this country. EVER.
Not a fan of freedom, eh?

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,340,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

how did you come to that conclusion that would prompt the question you posted from my post (#183) that you quoted from?

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

Let it rain.

Praying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am a fan of freedom because freedom was a long time struggle for minorities in this country. As a Native American activist, I have hung the American flag upside down in protest and I have watched the American flag being burned to the ground in protest. I have spent the last 27 years of my life speaking out against social injustice and political injustice that Native Americans and other minorities still face in this country today. If you would like to know what I think of America and its flag, you can see my opinion expressed in the last images I posted in my previous post in another thread here. I want to share the American Indian Movement anthem that is played at their public demonstrations.

The American Indian Movement anthem performed by Native youth.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
how did you come to that conclusion that would prompt the question you posted from my post (#183) that you quoted from?
The part where you don't want certain people to come anywhere near the country if they disrespect the US.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,340,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The part where you don't want certain people to come anywhere near the country if they disrespect the US.

Read post #183 and watch the video.

Let it rain.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm guessing such freedom like what was demonstrated by this U.S. veteran at Standing Rock back in 2016 would also be frowned upon too. This veteran hung the American flag upside down to protest the ongoing brutality against the unarmed Native water protectors and their allies by militarized police and the National Guard during months long stand-off to protect Sioux Nation tribal land against DAPL.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm guessing such freedom like what was demonstrated by this U.S. veteran at Standing Rock back in 2016 would also be frowned upon too. This veteran hung the American flag upside down to protest the ongoing brutality against the unarmed Native water protectors and their allies by militarized police and the National Guard during months long stand-off to protect Sioux Nation tribal land against DAPL.

I just think it's so silly when people try to speak about others disrespecting the US as if we don't disrespect it ourselves. Like when we hold a flag to be more important than people's rights.

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,340,195.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Nah, I'm good. Thanks though.

No problem.

Let it rain.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just think it's so silly when people try to speak about others disrespecting the US as if we don't disrespect it ourselves. Like when we hold a flag to be more important than people's rights.

You brought the news commentary by Lawrence O'Donnell on Standing Rock to my mind when I read your post. He ripped into the United States and its treatment of Native Americans. I will say that he was brutally honest and he wasn't shy to talk about the shameful history of the United States.

I would like to quote Lawrence O'Donnell from one of his commentaries: “The original sin of this country is that we invaders shot and murdered our way across the land killing every Native American we could, and making treaties with the rest. This country was founded on genocide before the word genocide was invented, before there was a war crimes tribunal in The Hague.”

Source: This Nation Was Founded on Genocide: MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell on Dakota Access

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just read this: White supremacist who drove into a Charlottesville crowd sentenced to life in prison; a jury sentenced James Fields Jr. to life in prison plus 419 years for 10 charges, including the murder of Heather Heyer.

The song that immediately began playing in my mind is Like Home by Eminem, featuring Alicia Keys, because of these lyrics:
'Cause nothin' inside us drives us like this fight does
Similar to when two cars collide 'cause
Our spirit's crushed, and this spot's a tight one
But here the jaws of life come
To pull us from the wreckage, that's what we get pride from
When we can’t from our stars and stripes cause
This type of pickle that we're in is hard to deal
But there's always tomorrow still
If we start from scratch like a scab, get the scars to heal
And band together for Charlottesville
And for Heather, fallen heroes, fill this wall with murals

Nevada get up, hit the resetter
Let's start from zero, this is our renewal

I won't post all the lyrics or the video itself because there's one semi-profane word in it and I want to be respectful, but I recommend YouTubing it if interested.

Great song! I'll do what you did. The song atm following Trump's fixer's prison sentence is ARREST THE PRESIDENT by Ice Cube. There's a clean version that hasn't got any cuss words but I'll play it safe too lol. The main lyrics are just arrest the president, you got the evidence.

Upvote 0