• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Taize Holy Hour

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Fenwick, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+9,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    So this parish I've been thinking about joining here has a Taize Holy Hour either Friday or Saturday night that I was thinking of going to. But I see that the Taize community is essentially an ecumenical community of both Catholics and Protestants. Is there any controversy with Taize? I don't know much about it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,187
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    There has been quite a bit of controversy but no more than we see in the Church overall imo. Not sure if it would be up your alley though. There is a big emphasis on ecumenism from what I’ve read. Not really a bad thing as long as ecumenism does not compromise the Faith we follow.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Fenwick

+9,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    This parish strikes me as leaning slightly towards traditional, given their newer building that is traditional and such. But I could be wrong. They're doing adoration from the end of the 9:15am Friday mass to 8:45am Saturday morning. I can't tell if the Taize Holy Hour is during that adoration or Saturday night, but at any rate it might not be too protestant-y.

4. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,187
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    If you go. Please update us. Never been to one myself. I just know what I’ve read.

5. Fenwick

+9,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I certainly will!

6. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,381
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Prayer services can be ecumenical as long as nothing of the faith is denied or slighted. So Taize should be OK. Worse things happen all too often.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Fenwick

+9,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Ok that's good to know.

Boy ain't that the truth?

8. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother? Supporter

+8,067
    United States
    Catholic
    Married

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  9. Fenwick

+9,024
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Ah yes, I'm familiar with the type. A double-edged sword indeed, part of my issue with ecumenism but I suppose that's a discussion for another day. If it ends up a net positive for the Church then I'm all for it.

I do live in a college town so maybe it's geared more towards that?

10. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother? Supporter

+8,067
    United States
    Catholic
    Married

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  11. Fenwick

+9,024
    United States
    Catholic