• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Tablet Bibles at church

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by nhamel802, May 3, 2012.

1. Snarf

Snarf Believer

+0
    Baptist
    Married
    I sometimes use my iPad in church. It's easy to highlight certain passages or bookmark them for later. Also, I can take notes on my iPad, so I'm just switching back and forth between apps (Glo Bible and Notes) rather than shuffling my Bible and notebook around. I also don't have to keep up with pens (I use a red pen for Bible highlighting and a black pen for note taking). I find the iPad more convenient.

Although last week I took my actual Bible. Sometimes it just feels good to flip through its pages.

2. Nemnar

Nemnar Newbie

+2
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    I dont see any problems using a e-bible. But I like to flip through mine, and just open a random book and start reading, i would see that a bit harder on an ipad. of course, i am biased towards print books as a general rule. Im a young person and already old :p

3. gods prophetess

gods prophetess prophetess cherrie

+18
    Oneness
    Single
    US-Others
    why not there is some people in the church i go to that use thier cell phone with the bible on it i use it to sometimes when i forget to bring my regular king james bible be encouraged

4. Snarf

Snarf Believer

+0
    Baptist
    Married
    I'm actually kind of glad that last weekend I left my iPad at home and took my actual Bible. Right before service, I opened it to a random page. A couple minutes later our Associate Pastor asked us to flip to the first verse of the service, in Psalm 127. I looked down and my Bible was already opened to that page. That was pretty awesome.

5. renewed21

renewed21 what are you waiting for?

+249
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm with you on that Newmar. I have a kindle but to me nothing beats the "old school" way.

6. SearchingStudent

SearchingStudent Senior Member

+72
    Christian
    Married
    I prefer to take my bible to church. I do have a bible app on my phone that I use mostly during lunchtime at work.

7. DragnGT

DragnGT Dexter fan

+16
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I got a lot of looks using mine from some members when they first saw it. At the 'meet your neighbor dance' they always make it a point to ask what I'm doing. Then everything is all good.

Honestly, short of one or two verses, my church prints the scripture on the bulletin. So I barely use it.

8. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender Well-Known Member

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Whatever works for each individual is fine, as long as God's word is read, studied and preached.