Tabernacle of David

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Tabernacle of David.

Let’s take a close look at what this tabernacle was:

2Sa 6:17 And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
The tabernacle David “pitched” was a tent.

Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
This and surrounding verses suggest the last days. The structure is “fallen” and will be “raised up” again.

Act 15:16 After this I… will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Which is a reference of Amos 9:11-12.

Notice that the structure will be “built again,” or rebuilt. So this is a reference to the first tabernacle, not a new structure. So what did the tabernacle of David look like? It was a tent, with the ark of the covenant in it.

This can be interpreted on 2 levels:

1. physical – they only need 2 elements: a tent, and the ark of the covenant. The ark would only be brought out if Israel had been convinced that there was peace and safety, and Messiah was imminent or present.

2. spiritual – the tent represents the human flesh, and the ark represents the covenant that is kept by the devout person.

A closer look at the Amos prophecy:
Amo 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: 12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen [gentiles], which are called by my name, says the LORD that does this.
Notice that there are gentiles that are “called by my name.” This would indicate that believers are present. So the spiritual interpretation could have been fulfilled since the time of Yeshua. Since the prophecy is to rebuild the tabernacle of David, by the time it is rebuilt, it has apparently fallen.

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is another way we should consider this concept of the Tabernacle of David (spiritual not material)…

The Tabernacle (like the Holy of Holies even in the Temple) was a place where the Shekinah Glory would descend from heaven (or manifest) to be “with us” (I AM with you is none other than God with us). In the Shekinah we (humankind) could be ‘face to face’ with God and not be consumed. This was one of the forms that the LORD used to make Himself present amidst us (also as the Angel of the LORD, or the Angel of His presence, also in the form of a man and so on)….no being while in the flesh can look upon God in His essence and live, but God in His merciful grace has allowed some on occasion to both see and hear Him….God manifest in these ways was called the Word of the LORD by the Targumim and by the followers of Yeshua.

Yeshua tells us that no man has seen the Father (God in His pure state) at any time and neither have they heard His voice, the Son (or Word) has declared Him (that is has made Him known and knowable to us). So according to Yeshua, ak through the Tanakh when the LORD appeared unto this one or that one, and spoke with them, it was this Word (YHVH-Memra) who John tells us was both with God and was God bereshith.

Whenever YHVH assumes a form in which He dwells (shakan’s or Skeenoo’s…i.e., to tabernacle) this form is also a Tabernacle. Now read these passages and consider them…

Leviticus 26:11-12 – “And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.”

Not the Tabernacle made with hands, for that was already extant when this was said

Zechariah 2:10-11 – “…“Sing and rejoice, O’daughter of Zion, for behold, I come, and I will come and dwell (shakan- to tabernacle) in the midst of you“, says YHVH, “and multitudes from many nations (the gentiles) shall join themselves to the Lord in that day…”

John 1:14 says, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt (skeenoo – pitched tent or tabernacle) among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”

See 2 Corinthians 5

Hebrews 9:2,3 - For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all….

Hebrews 9:11 - But Messiah being come an high priest of good things to come (after the order of Melchizedek), by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building

Revelations 21:3 - And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

So I propose to you that the tabernacle of David that would be “raised up” in the last days is the body God prepared for the Word Himself to dwell in….Yeshua! This is why we must be immersed into the shem of Messiah (Acts 2:38) because it is IN HIM that we procure the blessings of YHVH towards us. For God was IN MESSIAH reconciling the world to Himself...

In His love

Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
With the exception of 2 Sam 6:17, the "tabernacle of David" appears purely figurative, just as "house of David", but who knows.
As for 2 Sam 6:17, it appears David may have made a tent-like structure (probably equalling a circus in size - at least) to house the Ark temporarily. This would be after the Ark was removed from the Mosaic tabernacle anyway, as is recounted in Samuel - the Ark is taken by the Philistines, then goes to the threshing-floor, etc.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Tabernacle of David.

Let’s take a close look at what this tabernacle was:

The tabernacle David “pitched” was a tent.

This and surrounding verses suggest the last days. The structure is “fallen” and will be “raised up” again.

Which is a reference of Amos 9:11-12.

Notice that the structure will be “built again,” or rebuilt. So this is a reference to the first tabernacle, not a new structure. So what did the tabernacle of David look like? It was a tent, with the ark of the covenant in it.

This can be interpreted on 2 levels:

1. physical – they only need 2 elements: a tent, and the ark of the covenant. The ark would only be brought out if Israel had been convinced that there was peace and safety, and Messiah was imminent or present.

2. spiritual – the tent represents the human flesh, and the ark represents the covenant that is kept by the devout person.

A closer look at the Amos prophecy:
Notice that there are gentiles that are “called by my name.” This would indicate that believers are present. So the spiritual interpretation could have been fulfilled since the time of Yeshua. Since the prophecy is to rebuild the tabernacle of David, by the time it is rebuilt, it has apparently fallen.

We are called by Yah to assemble in unity with Yah-shua. Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
We are Yahshua's.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
We are Yahshua's.

How do you know the malak of Exodus 23:20-23 is not Kol Kore' bamidbar, (Eliyahu)? :)

Upvote 0

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
This would be after the Ark was removed from the Mosaic tabernacle anyway, as is recounted in Samuel

This was the point of my previous question. It would seem that the entire portion of the Torah which speaks of the "pattern shown to Moshe" has been snipped in favor of a new and improved tabernacle of David. Does it not go against the foundation of Torah principle to bring in a replacement?

Such a large percentage of the Torah is dedicated to the instructions for the Tabernacle and the pattern shown to Moshe.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
This was the point of my previous question. It would seem that the entire portion of the Torah which speaks of the "pattern shown to Moshe" has been snipped in favor of a new and improved tabernacle of David. Does it not go against the foundation of Torah principle to bring in a replacement?

Such a large percentage of the Torah is dedicated to the instructions for the Tabernacle and the pattern shown to Moshe.

David is never imputed with a sin along the lines of "replacing the tabernacle".
It could also be that he built a larger tent around the original tent?
We don't know.

We don't know what happened to the original Tabernacle after it was removed by certain Levites to bring it with them into a battle with the Philistines. The Philistines captured the ark at this battle. The destruction of holy things is seldom mentioned: the destruction of the first two tablets, the two temples and the nechushtan are mentioned, but not the Tabernacle, ark, or others. Hence we don't know if they are destroyed, or preserved, or what have you. Maybe David built a new tent to house the ark because the first one was destroyed, we don't know. If there is an explicit answer, it is not in the Bible.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Tabernacle of David is the reunification of Ephraim and Judah.

David brought the tribes together like never before when he made Jerusalem the city of God.

It was in Benjamin that they were united, Benjamin was in both sides, and what I mean by both sides is that before the kingdoms became kingdoms, they always took sides with either Joseph or David.

WHY?

Because they hung on to the prophecies of Judah, or they hung onto the prophecies of Joseph and his sons.

To look at the prophecies of Joseph and David together seems to be a contradiction, because Judah has such great prophecies but the prophecies of Joseph seem to say about the same thing, a great reward for being of both.

They never figured that the Messiah would be both, of David, and Joseph.

So they were always split by their expectations until David united them completely.

All of them were now under the tent of David, but this was not to last much time at all because David's son split them in two, and the tabernacles of David was fallen.

When the reunification occurs, it will be a single tent, and all concerned will be united under that tent.

Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What is the sinful evil kingdom?

Amos 9, just before showing the Tabernacle of David to be restored.

Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

Israel was not the first to have an Exodus, Moses was not the first to lead a people out of another nation with two peoples..

God has been putting two people together before Israel was Israel.

The sinful kingdom is a kingdom who refuses God's ways, and refuses to unite with God's people.

The kingdom of Israel refused to follow the ways of God because they refused to become one with God's people Judah.

They refused Jerusalem, and her ways, because if the people of Israel went up to keep the feasts of the Lord in Jerusalem, then the whole house of Israel would have become one with Judah again, and there would only be one kingdom under Judah.

So the evil kingdom does as it has always done, they refuse to become one, they refuse everything this is called of God or that is worshipped simply because they want to remain their own separate kingdom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We are Yahshua's.

How do you know the malak of Exodus 23:20-23 is not Kol Kore' bamidbar, (Eliyahu)? :)

God’s (Messenger / Angel) to Prepare the Way

20 “See, I am sending an (messenger / angel) ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

Yahshua was "Peniel," ("The Messenger of Yahwah.")

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sevengreeneans, you asked "Does it not go against the foundation of Torah principle to bring in a replacement?"

No, not if you watch what YHVH does...take the sacrificial lamb for example the first mention Torah example is the sacrifice of Abel but from then until Passover it is one lamb per person...the fact of the shed blood remains but new aspects and clearer meaning and definition and purpose unfold...the Passover lamb was one per household (in either case atonement was recognized by YHVH and the consequence of sin was passed over)...in Yom Kippur the Azazel and the Lamb of sacrifice (for the sprinkling) became the new "atonement" model (still a lamb, still the shedding of blood, but now the sprinkling)...and then in the shed blood of the Lamb for the sins of the world, the many are sprinkled and this application is made in and by the Spirit of God...and so on...Torak is the teaching not the end all...its purpose was to bring us somewhere, to lead us...when Messiah gives the truer clearer meaning and application (like to even lust on the mind to Yah IS as adultery) He is not in violation of Torah but showing that in God's purest essence no one can obtain righteousness by their efforts...we all are like sheep gone astray...each has gone THEIR own way (at least at some point thus the need for God's always intended grace)

If you are genuinely "saved" (born of His Spirit), immersed into the Shem of Messiah, and the Spirit of Messiah is in you (Roman's 8:9)...are you also not a type of the Tabernacle...a place where people can come and encounter or be touched by the Spirit of the Lord?

Just say'n

Paul

Upvote 0

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No, not if you watch what YHVH does...take the sacrificial lamb for example the first mention Torah example is the sacrifice of Abel but from then until Passover it is one lamb per person...the fact of the shed blood remains but new aspects and clearer meaning and definition and purpose unfold...the Passover lamb was one per household (in either case atonement was recognized by YHVH and the consequence of sin was passed over)...in Yom Kippur the Azazel and the Lamb of sacrifice (for the sprinkling) became the new "atonement" model (still a lamb, still the shedding of blood, but now the sprinkling)...and then in the shed blood of the Lamb for the sins of the world, the many are sprinkled and this application is made in and by the Spirit of God...and so on...

Just say'n

Paul

I don't believe the command for the Passover sacrifice ever ceased.
Yom Kippur did not become a "new atonement model".
Pesach has nothing to do with atonement.

Upvote 0

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

20 “See, I am sending an (messenger / angel) ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

Yahshua was "Peniel," ("The Messenger of Yahwah.")

Exodus 23:20-33 is speaking of Joshua son of Nun. Compare with Joshua 3:10 and​

Joshua 1:16 And they answered Joshua, saying: 'All that you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.
17 According as we hearkened unto Moses in all things, so will we hearken unto you; only the L-RD your G-d be with you, as He was with Moses.
18 Whosoever he be that shall rebel against your commandment, and shall not hearken unto your words in all that you command him, he shall be put to death; only be strong and of good courage.'

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe the command for the Passover sacrifice ever ceased.
Yom Kippur did not become a "new atonement model".
Pesach has nothing to do with atonement.

That's not what I meant. I was saying in the Passover ceremony, at that time, it was because of the shed blood (applied to the outside of the dwelling) death was avoided (usually understood as the consequence for sin)...the demand for the Passover sacrifice has never ceased, however there is now an evolved understanding and application...Messiah is our Passover Lamb, and He is not re-slain every year on the 14th of Nisan...we do not need to take His blood and paint it on our dwellings...

In my humble and worthless opinion, a true Messianic Seder plate should not have a physical lamb (its fine if you do, but its real purpose and significance have been fulfilled and completed)

As for Yom Kippur it was in fact, when first instituted, a "new" way of obtaining or performing the ritual for atonement (it never existed before that time and was not required of any of the fathers, or any of the gentiles) ...again now, by His "once for all" sacrifice, the actual satisfactory "Atonement" is everyday reality and completely satisfied for those who are in Him. We are no longer "required" to do anything to obtain it...it is based (as truly always was) on what He has done for us...

But IF one is still under the covenant at Horeb, THEN all these blood sacrifices ARE still required...and thus all have fallen short and like those of the New Covenant MUST humbly seek, rely on totally, and cleave to, the LORD's merciful grace.

In His love

Paul

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 23:20-33 is speaking of Joshua son of Nun. Compare with Joshua 3:10 and​

Joshua 1:16 And they answered Joshua, saying: 'All that you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go.
17 According as we hearkened unto Moses in all things, so will we hearken unto you; only the L-RD your G-d be with you, as He was with Moses.
18 Whosoever he be that shall rebel against your commandment, and shall not hearken unto your words in all that you command him, he shall be put to death; only be strong and of good courage.'

Numbers 13:16
These are the names of the men Moses sent to explore the land. Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.

God’s Angel to Prepare the Way
Exodus 23

20 “See, I am sending an angel / messenger ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

Joshua Yahshua

"Peniel" was("The Messenger of Yahwah.") Birth name: Yahshua

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
That's not what I meant. I was saying in the Passover ceremony, at that time, it was because of the shed blood (applied to the outside of the dwelling) death was avoided (usually understood as the consequence for sin)...the demand for the Passover sacrifice has never ceased, however there is now an evolved understanding and application...Messiah is our Passover Lamb, and He is not re-slain every year on the 14th of Nisan...we do not need to take His blood and paint it on our dwellings...

In my humble and worthless opinion, a true Messianic Seder plate should not have a physical lamb (its fine if you do, but its real purpose and significance have been fulfilled and completed)

As for Yom Kippur it was in fact, when first instituted, a "new" way of obtaining or performing the ritual for atonement (it never existed before that time and was not required of any of the fathers, or any of the gentiles) ...again now, by His "once for all" sacrifice, the actual satisfactory "Atonement" is everyday reality and completely satisfied for those who are in Him. We are no longer "required" to do anything to obtain it...it is based (as truly always was) on what He has done for us...

But IF one is still under the covenant at Horeb, THEN all these blood sacrifices ARE still required...and thus all have fallen short and like those of the New Covenant MUST humbly seek, rely on totally, and cleave to, the LORD's merciful grace.

In His love

Paul

Jesus standing as a Passover lamb was nothing new.

After Passover, the system of priests standing in the stead for first born was established, and all the first born had to be redeemed year after year, that redemption came from having the name of a priest who would stand in your place for you.

The promise of Passover has not come.
The promise of unleavened bread has not come.
The promise of firstfruits has not come.
The promise of Yom Kippor has not come.
The promise of the feast of Tabernacles has not come.
The promise of Simchat torah has not come.

Those sacrifices have been fulfilled and Ezekiel talks about them all being fulfilled in a single day.

What is a sacrifice now?

It's not an animal.

The book of Revelation shows all of the above promises being fulfilled.

We see Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippor in the seals, then we see them happen in the Trumpets, then we see them happen in the bowls.

Then we see the fulfillment of the feast of Tabernacles in the wine harvest.

Then we see the firstfruits standing with God.

Then we see Simchat Torah realized.

We see the Passover lambs dying and then being resurrected.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Tabernacle of David is the reunification of Ephraim and Judah.

David brought the tribes together like never before when he made Jerusalem the city of God.

It was in Benjamin that they were united, Benjamin was in both sides, and what I mean by both sides is that before the kingdoms became kingdoms, they always took sides with either Joseph or David.

WHY?

Because they hung on to the prophecies of Judah, or they hung onto the prophecies of Joseph and his sons.

To look at the prophecies of Joseph and David together seems to be a contradiction, because Judah has such great prophecies but the prophecies of Joseph seem to say about the same thing, a great reward for being of both.

They never figured that the Messiah would be both, of David, and Joseph.

So they were always split by their expectations until David united them completely.

All of them were now under the tent of David, but this was not to last much time at all because David's son split them in two, and the tabernacles of David was fallen.

When the reunification occurs, it will be a single tent, and all concerned will be united under that tent.

Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

This is the tabernacle of David and who is the messenger?

The messenger of the covenant comes bringing a new covenant to the house of David and to the house of Joseph, and he stands between them when he unites them as one, that is why he is the messenger.

Together they unite, and they appoint one leader to be over them both '' DAVID'', and this comes to be known as,'' The tabernacles of David.''

Upvote 0

sevengreenbeans

Remember Yosef
Oct 4, 2012
New Mexico
✟16,597.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
a true Messianic Seder plate should not have a physical lamb (its fine if you do, but its real purpose and significance have been fulfilled and completed)

It's NOT fine if a seder plate includes a physical lamb. There are requirements which would have to be fulfilled in order for that lamb to be qualified as a Pesach sacrifice. The seder was instituted by man and is not what is described as part of the true Pesach of YHWH. If observing Pesach without meeting the requirements, it's not a correct observance, how can it be? Unleavened bread (Matzot) on the other hand, can be observed correctly among diaspora.

Yom Kippur is about atonement and repentance. Atonement and repentance go back to Adam and Eve. Teshuva is a running theme throughout the Torah.

How do you feel about the ram being provided to Abraham?

There are requirements and responsibilities for individuals, communities, and the High Priest to take steps to atone and repent. These are outlined for us in the Torah. If we are "no longer required to do anything", then what of the commandments? Why observe, do, guard or protect? Are we so righteous a people inhabiting this earth that our Creator has decided He requires nothing from us?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Yeshua says:

Matthew 11:9-10 [Concerning Yochanan Eliyahu the Immerser]
9. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee, [Exodus 23:20a/23a].

Upvote 0