Continental U.S.
✟971,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A TV commercial touting a globe-changing megatrend opportunity caught my eye today. It’s about TAAS. I looked it up on the web: Testing as a Service | TaaS | Test Automation as a Service

Anyone want to take a stab at giving a few down-to-earth examples of how TAAS is going to prove so revolutionary?

I can’t get past the business-speak to make sense if it. I’d watch the talking heads on TV about it, but I don’t care for their tossing politically-laced comments into the picture.

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A TV commercial touting a globe-changing megatrend opportunity caught my eye today. It’s about TAAS. I looked it up on the web: Testing as a Service | TaaS | Test Automation as a Service

Anyone want to take a stab at giving a few down-to-earth examples of how TAAS is going to prove so revolutionary?

I can’t get past the business-speak to make sense if it. I’d watch the talking heads on TV about it, but I don’t care for their tossing politically-laced comments into the picture.

JS: It sounds like some a group like Linux Mint might consider. Yet Mint has loads of people willing to download and give feedback on their Beta versions, my son is one. So likely this would be a waste of money. Yet not all internet companies have Linux Mint's customer base, especially a company just starting up. This is where a service like this might come in handy.

Basically if I read that article correctly they would test and find glitches and report them to the company freeing that company from building a fan base first. For a untested company this might be just what they need to get started.

Upvote 0

Quasiblogo

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2007
Continental U.S.
✟971,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Joyous Song. In a way, it sounds parallel to what U.S. insurance companies did a decade or so ago by outsourcing their customer service to 3rd party companies: “Quality Improvement” > Outsourcing > Make major job cuts > the remaining personnel do more with less

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Joyous Song. In a way, it sounds parallel to what U.S. insurance companies did a decade or so ago by outsourcing their customer service to 3rd party companies: “Quality Improvement” > Outsourcing > Make major job cuts > the remaining personnel do more with less

JS: Maybe, I think its a good way for starting companies to get going. Still being a writer I think they are like editors of writing.

• Friendly
Reactions: Quasiblogo
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

We know that outsourcing has a bad taste in the IT community as I've been in IT for 21 years now. However, outsourcing may make sense if your area of expertise does not include a certain aspect of the IT environment. You might have great developers but rather than hire a team of specialized testers, outsourcing that part may make a lot of sense. I know from experience. One company I worked for failed to do rigorous testing of a special release of our medical software. When a new version was released in Australia, the package resulted in
- Wrong doses being given to patients;
- Wrong medications for the wrong patient;
- Discontinued prescriptions remaining on nurses work lists; and
- Loss of patient history.

Yeah, goood times... I got roped into a bunch of phone calls as I was one of the technical leads for our clients in the US. The good news was that that version was not being released in the US, but the headaches that it caused for us was horrendous.

• Informative
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just looked over the company's website and now I really get it. If your team is running a website on a cloud platform like AWS and you launch a new promotion, could your website handle the increase of traffic? Not just in the order of 2x but what about 1000x? You may not even HAVE anyone who knows how to simulate that. I dabbled in website updates for one employer but we had our cloud management company run the website and sales. I vaguely remember that our sales team ran a promotion and our traffic jumped about 100x. The cloud team monitored the increase and automatically upgraded the memory and speed of our servers to handle the additional traffic. Once the promotion was over, it was readjusted. All we got was a one time surcharge on our monthly bill.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Suppose you developed an app for ordering Pizza delivery only from local businesses so it will be hot and fast.

Rather than test it on your family and friends, you give it to a Taas company that checks your software for issues like 10,000 requests in a one mile area. They invent scammers in software that steal credit cards and software people who try to crash your system and software customers who make unorderable combinations of toppings.

Instead of testing it on the public, cycle after cycle they do it with "cloud" customers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Athira

Jul 28, 2021
CA
✟211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
TAAS (testing as a service) is an acronym for Software Testing As A Service, and it is offered by many test automation services companies. It is an outsourcing model in which a service provider, rather than in-house staff, performs testing tasks associated with some of an organization's business activities. For example, if you have an application to sell the bakery items that you make in your own home and for the testing of that application, you can approach a TAAS company.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Baliar
Baliar
Test automation services enable you to increase productivity, and achieve faster time-to-market. Hire our top team for high-quality test automation.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0