Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟18,881.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Has anyone here considered the media and the modern world's obsession with T-rex in any discussion like this? As I remember T-rex had six-inch long teeth with 1-inch long roots - if he took a bite out of a live dinosaur he would come away all gums! On this basis it is more likely he was a scavenger, possibly an omnivore, as he could not have preyed on large live animals with tough hides.
Good science is science which has good, repeatable, testable methodology.

We can only repeat and test things in the present. We can observe fossils, geology etc and make assumptions and theories about how this arose, but can never prove the past through science. We can however understand what was most plausible through science.

1. So how do you know that T-Rex teeth need to have deep roots to rip away flesh? After all, that's just the present. We don't know that about the past. You can't prove for sure that T-Rex wasn't a carnivore, so why bother?

This whole business about separating science in the present from science in the past is completely messed up because all observation occurs in the past. ;)

2. It didn't take 5 pageloads from Google to locate these:

http://www.uleth.ca/vft/crowsnest/tooth.jpg
http://www.boneclones.com/KO-039.htm

do those look like it's a 6:1 tooth:root ratio?

And all this was found on Google.

Live and learn.

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dannager said:
Anyone? Creationists?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I remember this one when I was a YEC. This was probably one of the first things I found to be totally fabricated. It made me much more careful about what young Earth evidence I used.

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is quite simple. Pretty much any so called "fact" used by the YEC community is wrong. And even if the person uttering it isn't lying (since they usually just don't know any better) then the original source was.

Why do they parrot and not at least do a simple fact check? Blind obedience I guess.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.