Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The clergy who took part in the procession should be asked to repent and remove that pagan idol, if they refuse then they should convicted of heresy and be removed from the ranks of the clergy.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sick about it too! I cannot believe Christians would do that. The indigenous people KNEW what that pagan idol was & represented! And to portray God as a woman who is pregnant? He is our heavenly Father!

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Don't become partners with those who do not believe. For what partnership is there between righteousness & lawlessness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath the faithful with the unbeliever? What agreement can exist between the temple of God AND idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell IN THEM & walk among them & I will be their God & they will be My people.”

When I was traveling in India, I saw a man worshiping & bowing down to an idol in the shape of a rat, having an altar for this idol & offering food & burning incense to it. It was truly so sad to see this human being so darkened in their understanding.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sick about it too! I cannot believe Christians would do that. The indigenous people KNEW what that pagan idol was & represented! And to portray God as a woman who is pregnant? He is our heavenly Father!

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 Don't become partners with those who do not believe. For what partnership is there between righteousness & lawlessness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath the faithful with the unbeliever? What agreement can exist between the temple of God AND idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell IN THEM & walk among them & I will be their God & they will be My people.”

When I was traveling in India, I saw a man worshiping & bowing down to an idol in the shape of a rat, having an altar for this idol & offering food & burning incense to it. It was truly so sad to see this human being so darkened in their understanding.
Pray for the Pope. This weirdness and confusion seem to follow Francis. I don't know if it's his fault, directly, but the man needs prayers, and so do those who are faithful and orthodox, and who are close to the top. Christ, have mercy. Please pray.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pray for the Pope. This weirdness and confusion seem to follow Francis. I don't know if it's his fault, directly, but the man needs prayers, and so do those who are faithful and orthodox, and who are close to the top. Christ, have mercy. Please pray.
I’ve been noticing that everything un-Orthodox and heretical seems to follow the person of “Pope” Francis.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve been noticing that everything un-Orthodox and heretical seems to follow the person of “Pope” Francis.
Yes, I know. It's very clear, noticeable. From the beginning, or close to it.

I think we also need to be careful, though, to not fall into a trap of reviling or hating the Holy Father. Or looking down on him. We don't know if this is his own doing, or if he's being used. There is clearly a problem, but what every good and sound source seems to say is "hang in there, hunker down, follow Christ, pray, and pray for the Pope".

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
*You are in the Catholic Forum*

What a load of horse manure. I find this absolutely scandalous and can barely stomach these ridiculous explanations by clergy why they added a pagan idol in the Way of the Cross and why it's ok. :rolleyes:

Continued below.
Synod's most debated figure was back at Saturday's "Way of the Cross"
Next time I get the chance I am going to ask my priest where our new statue of Pachamama is going to be put. I suspect he would put on his Saturno, or at least his Biretta, and decline to place it anywhere but on the bonfire.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of the stuff I see coming from Rome these days is imprudent at best; I think this "diversity" jazz can be taken too far. If you're going to be Catholic, be Catholic. If you're going to mix in oddities from here and there, leave and go form your own "church". The whole works is quite.....unsettling, to say the least. :(

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I know. It's very clear, noticeable. From the beginning, or close to it.

I think we also need to be careful, though, to not fall into a trap of reviling or hating the Holy Father. Or looking down on him. We don't know if this is his own doing, or if he's being used. There is clearly a problem, but what every good and sound source seems to say is "hang in there, hunker down, follow Christ, pray, and pray for the Pope".

I feel sorry for him. A problem indeed

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This is just giving an excuse to Evangelicals to call Catholics pagans
They don't seem to need much excuse anyway to do that. But you're right. Why hand them an excuse on a silver platter (or a gold patten).

Upvote 0