Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I avoid any objects that have been used as objects of worship. For example, I wouldn't have a statue of Buddha in my home or any depiction of Hindu gods. I would not have a picture of Jesus either, although I do have a picture of Da Vinci's Last Supper.

But we are cat lovers, so we have pictures and ornaments of cats, but we don't worship cats as the ancient Egyptians used to do. :)

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi Family,

Are there certain symbols and signs we should avoid as christians? Why?

Are there objects you should avoid placing in your home? Why?

Natsumi

I have several "objects" on a shelf in an arch shaped recess I built into a wall in my living room. One is a ceramic plaque of Egyptian slaves carrying Pharaoh, I guess, on a palanquin. Another is a small bust of King Tut. I'm looking for representations of other ancient gods to add to the collection. Above them there is an icon of Christ on the cross. I got the idea from 1 Corinthians 15:35:

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Occult symbols are incredibly endemic in society that it's probably impossible to avoid all of them. And there's thousands of Occult symbols for that matter.... You probably can't memorize each of them in order to avoid them.

They might even be found on innocent-looking products you use everyday. It's practically everywhere!

The only right way to deal with them is DO NOT love anything in this world.... And if one believes that, they will only keep things they truly need. 1 John 2:15-17

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are there certain symbols and signs we should avoid as christians? Why?

Are there objects you should avoid placing in your home? Why?

I wouldn't have a symbol or sign about worshipping another 'god' or religion because I would consider that blasphemy. For the most part, I'm not superstitious and have too much trust in my faith to worry about hunting down hidden meanings and origins of objects. The main thing is God looks at your heart and intent; and if you believe this object to be good or neutral, and use it for good or neutral, (whatever the case, even if you're wrong on origins and history, etc.), then that's what matters. There are bigger things to worry about when it comes to our faith and growth in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0