Syd-er-ney

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
Is that Syndey, Australia?? And I am wondering why that is important?

Blessings, Honor

It sure is Sydney Australia.

You wonder why it is important?

I would say anything that the Pope does on a scale this size is very important to

Seventh-day Adventists.

As the Second Coming gets closer things such as this will beceome even more important.

There maybe over 500,000 Catholics coming to Sydney. We have 70,000

SDA's going to St Louis and the city thinks that is important. Here it could be

500,000 coming to Sydney. Over in Europe there was over one million

attending the Congress.

Upvote 0

smooze

Contributor
Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
✟95,567.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,who is at the Father's side, has made him known.!
Yes John i await the great concert from the sky. Jesus is the light of the world may he protect us from darkness. With the smallest glimmer of light we can overcome the most vile darkness AMEN

Upvote 0

alethakays

Jul 1, 2005
atlanta
✟420.00
Faith
SDA
Cliff2 said:
It sure is Sydney Australia.

You wonder why it is important?

I would say anything that the Pope does on a scale this size is very important to

Seventh-day Adventists.[/QOUTE]
.....ok...why do u think so?

Cliff2 said:
As the Second Coming gets closer things such as this will beceome even more important.

There maybe over 500,000 Catholics coming to Sydney. We have 70,000

SDA's going to St Louis and the city thinks that is important.
...okayy... why are 70,000 sdas going to St Louis if the pope is going to be in Sydney?
Cliff2 said:
Here it could be

500,000 coming to Sydney. Over in Europe there was over one million

attending the Congress.
can someone explain why this is so important. i am not trying to be rude or anything but i really just dont understand:sigh:

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
can someone explain why this is so important. i am not trying to be rude or anything but i really just dont understand:sigh:

Yeah Althea--I don't get it either. Yes, we are aware of the role that the papacy plays in end-time events--but personally, I don't care how many go to see the Pope. It's just an non-issue with me. So please forgive me if I don't get involved in all the excitement.:wave:

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
honorthesabbath said:
Yeah Althea--I don't get it either. Yes, we are aware of the role that the papacy plays in end-time events--but personally, I don't care how many go to see the Pope. It's just an non-issue with me. So please forgive me if I don't get involved in all the excitement.:wave:

In the world today there are only a few people that can make a real difference to outcomes that effect the majority.

One of them is the president of the United States and the other is the Pope.

It was both of these that had a major infuence to the demise of USSR and the break up of communism.

I doubt very much if anything such as this is going to happen in Sydney in 2008.

I believe it is good to know where the major players are standing today. It was only a few months ago that the wholoe world stopped for the burial of JP2. The date was changed for a Royal wedding so they could attend the funeral.

"The whole world wondered after the beast..."

Some may not see the importance of such evemts, others do.

Upvote 0

smooze

Contributor
Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
✟95,567.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
There is much evidence to support the theroy of the beast and it's power. I think having a lamb at it's head is part of the trickery. We should have compassion how could such a frail person "lamb of GOD" if you will be evil. God will bear a child and it will be holy. Satan will also have 1 but it willl be hit in the side. All i can say is revelations holds the truth!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alethakays

Jul 1, 2005
atlanta
✟420.00
Faith
SDA
Cliff2 said:
In the world today there are only a few people that can make a real difference to outcomes that effect the majority.

One of them is the president of the United States and the other is the Pope.

It was both of these that had a major infuence to the demise of USSR and the break up of communism.

I doubt very much if anything such as this is going to happen in Sydney in 2008.

I believe it is good to know where the major players are standing today. It was only a few months ago that the wholoe world stopped for the burial of JP2. The date was changed for a Royal wedding so they could attend the funeral.

"The whole world wondered after the beast..."

Some may not see the importance of such evemts, others do.
ok thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
JonathanSDA living word said:
lol i feel like Grandpa simpson. Did everyone take lesseons to ignore me or am i really too extresmist in my views. Do i post comments at all ? hmmmm I guess i crave attention or something!

ROFL--sorry Jonathan--most of the time I just read others post and make no comment!! But I read ALL of yours!!!!!!!!!!! We love you!!

Blessings, Linda

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
JonathanSDA living word said:
It's cool i just am so eager to meet other SDA and fellowship online! GOD bless

I think the reason that a post does not get a reply to it is that sometimes it is the last on the previous page and then seems to get lost. I oft6en only read the page that is open because of time constraints and do not go back and read every post that has been made.

You keep posting Jonathon and I am sure you will get plenty of replies.

Upvote 0
T

TrustAndObey

Johnathan said:
lol i feel like Grandpa simpson. Did everyone take lesseons to ignore me or am i really too extresmist in my views. Do i post comments at all ? hmmmm I guess i crave attention or something!

No way Johnathan, Grandpa Simpson is wayyy more interesting than you are. (I crack myself up)!

Sometimes, when someone is just "dead on" the point, people don't always comment back....take it as a compliment! You're getting unspoken "warm fuzzies" from us. So cheer up...we love you!

~Lainie

PS...Honor, what time are the "How to Ignore Johnathan" lessons this week? And can we dress casual this time? Does it always have to be so formal? OH that reminds me! I got a great deal on the pamphlets from Kinko's for this week's lesson on "Johnathan: 101 Ways To "Accidentally" Not See His Posts".

:p

Upvote 0