Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I said in the posts that it was the prelude to bringing us into the war. FDR delayed as much as he could so the military could build up the military arms to handle a war against Germany. However, before we got into the war, German U-boats were sinking freighters which were carrying weapons and supplies to England, who was at war with Germany.

Yes, I know as much about WWII as you do if not more. I have simply said that a u-boat even attacking and sinking a US warship did not get us into WWII. Would an attack on US shipping today get us into a war with Russia? I expect it would and would hope that a second-rate military power line Russia wouldn’t attack US ships.

Heck, I remember my father saying how he saw the soldiers at Fort Devens using wooden rifles for
training as real one's were not available. This was before the US got into the war.

But this has nothing to do with u-boats attacking US ships.

Anyway, we did get into the war.

We got in the war because the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, not because of u-boat attacks on US shipping.

Like I said, watch for Russian subs taking out freighter's or planes being shot down, coming from the US loaded with weapons Biden promised the Ukrainians. If this happens, then WWIII has started.

And, again, hopefully a second-rate military power like Russia won’t attack US shipping. Yes, that would bring us into the war that Russia started.

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
In fact I recall the report
that he already used some strategic nuclear weapons

You have no idea what you are talking about. Strategic nuclear weapons are the big ones like the ones used in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

You don't think anyone would have mentioned that ?

Nobody has used nukes in this war yet, neither strategic (BIG) nor tactical (SMALL). No nukes, no reports of nuke attacks. Nada.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I know as much about WWII as you do if not more. I have simply said that a u-boat even attacking and sinking a US warship did not get us into WWII. Would an attack on US shipping today get us into a war with Russia? I expect it would and would hope that a second-rate military power line Russia wouldn’t attack US ships.

But this has nothing to do with u-boats attacking US ships.

We got in the war because the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, not because of u-boat attacks on US shipping.

And, again, hopefully a second-rate military power like Russia won’t attack US shipping. Yes, that would bring us into the war that Russia started.

You keep twisting what I posted. I never said the U-boats sinking freighters is what got us into WWII. But go ahead and post it one more time. :D

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You keep twisting what I posted. I never said the U-boats sinking freighters is what got us into WWII. But go ahead and post it one more time. :D
Your exact words were “It’s how WWI and WWII against the US started.” That is wrong. It was not how WWII against the US started. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor is what brought the US into WWII.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your exact words were “It’s how WWI and WWII against the US started.” That is wrong. It was not how WWII against the US started. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor is what brought the US into WWII.

Again, I followed up by explaining that it was the "prelude," to WWII.

Once more post it again and I'll just ignore you

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Again, I followed up by explaining that it was the "prelude," to WWII.

Once more post it again and I'll just ignore you
You never said that what you originally posted was wrong, just as you haven’t admitted that Putin hasn’t used strategic nuclear weapons. Why can’t you admit when you are wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You never said that what you originally posted was wrong, just as you haven’t admitted that Putin hasn’t used strategic nuclear weapons. Why can’t you admit when you are wrong?

Actually, it's been reported that Putin could use tacticle nuclear weapons in the Ukraine War and it's possible he already has.

Why should I admit to something I didn't do ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, it's been reported that Putin may have used strategic nuclear weapons in the Ukraine War.

There have been no such reports of actual usage. The article you attached to another post said he might consider using tactical nuclear weapons, but did not say that he had used them and certainly did not say that he had used strategic nuclear weapons.

Why should I admit to something I didn't do ?

But you did. You said “It’s how WWI and WWII against the US started.” You were wrong, but you won’t admit that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There have been no such reports of actual usage. The article you attached to another post said he might consider using tactical nuclear weapons, but did not say that he had used them and certainly did not say that he had used strategic nuclear weapons.

But you did. You said “It’s how WWI and WWII against the US started.” You were wrong, but you won’t admit that.

To ignore you go

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Putin probably has similar modus operandi with his advisors. Certainly creates more soothing world even if it is rather artificial one.
I just wonder how many innocents will die in Ukraine and elsewhere before the Russian military decides to remove Putin from office. And before anyone says that I am promoting violence I would, of course, hope that any such attempt would be peaceful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NATO is nothing more than a military alliance. How many American parents would want
to see their sons or daughters killed defending Sweden, Finland or Turkey for that matter ?

It's time our presidents start focusing on what's good for the United States, period !
There is no active military presence in Ukraine. The chances of Russia advancing against a NATO member is slight.

The US may have finally figured out "helping" people that don't want our help is a poor bargain.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who's invading those nations ?

Most of US wars after WWII were fought because of the defense industry
and misguided politicians.

Biden is the most misguided we've ever had in my lifetime.

Hopefully, he won't get us into WWIII.
Are you promoting withdrawal from NATO?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no active military presence in Ukraine. The chances of Russia advancing against a NATO member is slight.

The US may have finally figured out "helping" people that don't want our help is a poor bargain.

I hope you're right. However, the threat to the Russians was that the Ukraine was talking about becoming a member of NATO. Putin sought to prevent this.
Will he try and prevent Sweden and Finland from joining NATO ? Not sure,
but why would we try and push the issue ?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are you promoting withdrawal from NATO?

That would be a good thing for the US.

Like I said, and others have said for decades, NATO is a military alliance
If a member is attacked, we are obligated to come to help them defeat the
aggressor. This now includes Turkey who is a member of NATO.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That would be a good thing for the US.

Like I said, and others have said for decades, NATO is a military alliance
If a member is attacked, we are obligated to come to help them defeat the
aggressor. This now includes Turkey who is a member of NATO.
I see your point of view, I just disagree. We can leave it at that.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I see your point of view, I just disagree. We can leave it at that.

Well, just look back at the start of WWII when the Nazi's invaded Poland. Immediately, France and England which had a military alliance with Poland,
declared war on Germany. They did this when they weren't ready to take on the German Army.

Pat Buchannon was right, had England and Germany not declared war on Germany, the Nazi's would've kept heading East and into Russia. After being
bogged down there and their resources depleted, England and France would've had time to build up their own defenses. Instead, by declaring war on Germany, Hitler turned West and invaded France and bombed the crap out of England. Had we not supplied England, we probably wouldn't have been sucked into WWII

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, just look back at the start of WWII when the Nazi's invaded Poland. Immediately, France and England which had a military alliance with Poland,
declared war on Germany. They did this when they weren't ready to take on the German Army.

Pat Buchannon was right, had England and Germany not declared war on Germany, the Nazi's would've kept heading East and into Russia. After being
bogged down there and their resources depleted, England and France would've had time to build up their own defenses. Instead, by declaring war on Germany, Hitler turned West and invaded France and bombed the crap out of England. Had we not supplied England, we probably wouldn't have been sucked into WWII

With Germany only fighting a war in the East they could have defeated Soviet Union. Hitler wasn't that keen on conquering France and England anyway because he always believed the destiny of the Reich lay in the East with the land, resources and slaves.

How powerful would Germany have been with all those resources gathered from the newly conquered Eastern territories. With those resources, no wars to distract them how fast would they have developed nuke program married to their V-2 rocket ? What defenses could France or UK have built against that ?

Also combined powers of France and England were ready to take on German army. They had better equipment, more resources and more soldier. Germans took a huge gamble with their attack on France and it paid off - it could have very easily failed with Germany only having supplies to sustain the war for literally few months at most.

Then again it is just all examining alternate realities again.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0