✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Psalm 81:10 (NASB)

Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

There's much speculation about how the Lord sustained Himself for forty days and nights without any food or water in the desert (Matthew 4:2). Some say that it was just a narrative, not literally forty days and nights. Some say He lived off the desert like John the Baptist, who ate locusts and wild honey (Matthew 3:4). I'm inclined to believe that the Holy Spirit sustained Him. The same power of God that created this universe with merely His spoken word (Genesis 3:1-26) also sustained life in Him for that duration. The indwelling power of the Holy Spirit that brought the Apostle Paul back to life when everyone left him for dead (Acts 14:9) sustained life in Christ during that period of fasting and starvation. The power of God that neutralized the rattle snake's venom and left Paul alive (Acts 28:3-5) also sustained Christ in the desert.

So the next time you sit for a lavish dinner and the Holy Spirit whispers to you, "man does not live on bread alone" (Matthew 4:4), don't brush Him aside but believe Him to be true.

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 81:10 (NASB)

Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.

There's much speculation about how the Lord sustained Himself for forty days and nights without any food or water in the desert (Matthew 4:2). Some say that it was just a narrative, not literally forty days and nights. Some say He lived off the desert like John the Baptist, who ate locusts and wild honey (Matthew 3:4). I'm inclined to believe that the Holy Spirit sustained Him. The same power of God that created this universe with merely His spoken word (Genesis 3:1-26) also sustained life in Him for that duration. The indwelling power of the Holy Spirit that brought the Apostle Paul back to life when everyone left him for dead (Acts 14:9) sustained life in Christ during that period of fasting and starvation. The power of God that neutralized the rattle snake's venom and left Paul alive (Acts 28:3-5) also sustained Christ in the desert.

So the next time you sit for a lavish dinner and the Holy Spirit whispers to you, "man does not live on bread alone" (Matthew 4:4), don't brush Him aside but believe Him to be true.
It's interesting that Satan tried tempting Jesus after 40 days and nights of fasting what should've been at his weakest but not so. Jesus was feasting on God's word for his strength.

Upvote 0