California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello my fine CF family, I'm back from a short hiatus!

I have been looking into finding a Messianic group, especially of the Hebrew Roots flavor, that is out there living in community...you know...kinda like the hippies...

...without all the chemical dependency...and the occasional violent stuff...and sex stuff...

Yeah, so if anyone knows anything about something like this, that's not cultic (using the negative connotation of this word), please let me know--even if you just want to PM me, thanks!

Shalom.

Reactions: Michie

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have been looking into finding a Messianic group, especially of the Hebrew Roots flavor, that is out there living in community...you know...kinda like the hippies...

...without all the chemical dependency...and the occasional violent stuff...and sex stuff...

Yeah, so if anyone knows anything about something like this, that's not cultic (using the negative connotation of this word), please let me know--even if you just want to PM me, thanks!

Shalom.

JS: not in California, sorry. I struggling to find this in NY myself but am giving up hope, We tend to have home services instead. Been like this for twenty years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Hebrew roots is not the same as Messianic Judaism. Don't confuse the two.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Shalom.

JS: on another note, we all may have to wait for Y'hoshua to arise and lead the circumcision branch of HaMoshiach. Until that happens, you can talk with us here. Those with "Hebrew Roots" share the Messianic message board here.

Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay, do you have anything to contribute to the OP?

Shalom.

Ok. Are you looking for a Messianic Jewish synagogue, or are you looking for a Hebrew Roots church?

The former will offer you a return to the 1st century CE following of Messiah. The latter will offer you a gentile-focused Sabbath-keeping society, that doesn't necessarily have a desire to be grafted into the same goodly tree as Jews and gerim have been.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ok. Are you looking for a Messianic Jewish synagogue, or are you looking for a Hebrew Roots church?

The former will offer you a return to the 1st century CE following of Messiah. The latter will offer you a gentile-focused Sabbath-keeping society, that doesn't necessarily have a desire to be grafted into the same goodly tree as Jews and gerim have been.

I currently attend a MJ Synagogue, wherein some of the members have the same disdain for Hebrew Roots as you express here.

But really, I guess I'm looking for more folks like me who do not make much of any perceived differences and who could get along together living in community. I mean actually living together and holding all things in common (except wives and children of course).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GedaliahMaegil

Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
... wherein some of the members have the same disdain for Hebrew Roots as you express here.

... folks like me who do not make much of any perceived differences and who could get along together living in community.

Have you considered that there might be valid reasons for what you call "disdain" of the Hebrew Roots movement?

Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It sounded like to me, that he was looking for a commune type of MJ, HJ, HR community. I could be wrong.

Torah speaks repeatedly and extensively about the perils of mixing what ought not be mixed.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Have you considered that there might be valid reasons for what you call "disdain" of the Hebrew Roots movement?

Well if you'd like to start a thread on it, and lay out your reasoning for your position, I may consider the OP and speak to it, with the Understanding I believe stems from Scripture.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

This is nothing like my experience with it.

Is it possible that you have some preconceived notions that may be hindering an objective look?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
JS: not in California, sorry. I struggling to find this in NY myself but am giving up hope, We tend to have home services instead. Been like this for twenty years.

Hey thanks for sharing, sorry I've taken so long to respond.

Yeah, I'm kind of new to this reaction towards HR, and I believe it is a result of disinformation and/or misunderstanding.

Of course, there is a spectrum to these things...not all MJs or HRs see eye to eye, within their respective ranks.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
JS: on another note, we all may have to wait for Y'hoshua to arise and lead the circumcision branch of HaMoshiach. Until that happens, you can talk with us here. Those with "Hebrew Roots" share the Messianic message board here.

Yeah I was just thinking along these lines...the whole blindness in part thing and the face to face aspect when He establishes His reign on earth as in heaven.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Torah speaks repeatedly and extensively about the perils of mixing what ought not be mixed.
Did Yeshua favor Essenes, Saducees, or Pharisees? Did He comment on this "perils of mixing"? Were the Essenes, Saducees, or Pharisees part of the body of believers? Did Yeshsua's folllowers come from a mix of each of these religious branches?

• Useful
Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well if you'd like to start a thread on it, and lay out your reasoning for your position, I may consider the OP and speak to it, with the Understanding I believe stems from Scripture.

I could, but it would never survive post-posting ... not here ...

Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is nothing like my experience with it.

Is it possible that you have some preconceived notions that may be hindering an objective look?

Of course not. My experience came from direct observation of their words and practises.

Upvote 0