✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
:( :( :(

Two Years After the Parkland Shooting, Survivors and Families Are Honoring the Dead and Continuing to Fight for the Living
Survivors and Families Are Remembering the Parkland Victims

I
t’s been two years since the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. The Parkland shooting on February 14, 2018, killed 17 and injured 17 more, but it also sparked a massive wave of youth-led gun violence prevention activism through the March for Our Lives. Survivors and their families are remembering the victims of the attack that reshaped how the country talks about school shootings and mass shootings, in general.

“Two years ago, our hearts broke as 17 lives were senselessly stolen,” read the March for Our Lives account on Twitter. “17 more were injured and are still learning to live with their wounds. Others have wounds that are invisible but run deep, and in the months to come we lost 2 more lives. We remember them, too.”

In March 2019, two Parkland survivors took their own lives, prompting an outburst of discussion about mental health support for those affected by the Parkland shooting.

The only hope I can find is that young ppl are FIGHTING BACK & making a difference against the evils of the NRA. I'm so so so so proud of the Parkland survivors & their advocacy!!!!!

My family moved out of the US to Canada after my sister was severely traumatized by a deadly shooting at her school. It wasn't as deadly as Parkland but ANY shooting that leads to a dead child is horrific. There's been so much more peace for us here.

Did you have school shooting drills at your school?

• Informative
Reactions: Zoii