• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Surviving schizophrenia

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys. I dont know if this is in the right area, but I just wanted to post on my recovery since dealing with depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, and schizophrenia. I started praying to god again a couple of months ago, and I will tell you...he has helped me so tremendously. I was in constant prayer for about a week, AMD my soul and my mind was just cleaned out and changed. It is incredible through prayer only how things have shifted in the positive direction. I begged for help in those days, kneeling on the bathroom floor at my job. I'm very grateful. My bond with him will hopefully become stronger in the years to come. Please pray AMD talk to god if you are going through a rough time. Reach out to him and be there for him, and he will help you in ways that are unfathomable.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome To CF. Also dealing with schizophrenia and also finding God to be of immense help on a daily basis.

God is near to those who seek Him, so He may be found.

Be of good courage.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

shivascrush

Apr 16, 2019
Brisbane
✟963.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys. I dont know if this is in the right area, but I just wanted to post on my recovery since dealing with depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, and schizophrenia. I started praying to god again a couple of months ago, and I will tell you...he has helped me so tremendously. I was in constant prayer for about a week, AMD my soul and my mind was just cleaned out and changed. It is incredible through prayer only how things have shifted in the positive direction. I begged for help in those days, kneeling on the bathroom floor at my job. I'm very grateful. My bond with him will hopefully become stronger in the years to come. Please pray AMD talk to god if you are going through a rough time. Reach out to him and be there for him, and he will help you in ways that are unfathomable.
Interesting, however with my own battle with schizophrenia my mental state worsen with faith in Jesus. After I let religious belief go I improved a great deal, I was able to function better. I've got to the point of wellness that I no longer require antipsychotic medication. It's all about mental conditioning and how you process information. So you see that mental wellness doesn't have to come down to getting on your knees, or believing in a God, or anything.

It's up to the person to get their head straight.

Upvote 0

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, however with my own battle with schizophrenia my mental state worsen with faith in Jesus. After I let religious belief go I improved a great deal, I was able to function better. I've got to the point of wellness that I no longer require antipsychotic medication. It's all about mental conditioning and how you process information. So you see that mental wellness doesn't have to come down to getting on your knees, or believing in a God, or anything.

It's up to the person to get their head straight.

Hey Shiva, I've also been down that same path a couple of years ago. In fact right after I started to try and build a relationship with god, I had my first episode. It was so new and i hurt a lot. After that I turned away from god and blamed him for everything that had happened, wondering why he allowed it to happe. I lived that life for years, and then sadly I had my second episode about a year ago. However, god was no longer in the picture at that time. It wasnt until I turned back to god that the illness went away. I do not know what had happened but I think god was trying to make me understand that none of that was because of him, but rather that he was helping me through it all. So in short I have been where you are. However through gods grace he did help me.

Upvote 0

shivascrush

Apr 16, 2019
Brisbane
✟963.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Hey Shiva, I've also been down that same path a couple of years ago. In fact right after I started to try and build a relationship with god, I had my first episode. It was so new and i hurt a lot. After that I turned away from god and blamed him for everything that had happened, wondering why he allowed it to happe. I lived that life for years, and then sadly I had my second episode about a year ago. However, god was no longer in the picture at that time. It wasnt until I turned back to god that the illness went away. I do not know what had happened but I think god was trying to make me understand that none of that was because of him, but rather that he was helping me through it all. So in short I have been where you are. However through gods grace he did help me.
I don't blame God, I blame the people who are responsible for conceiving idea's about God that are mentally destructive. I'd rather form my own ideas about the world and the universe, because I'm no sheep.

Upvote 0

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't blame God, I blame the people who are responsible for conceiving idea's about God that are mentally destructive. I'd rather form my own ideas about the world and the universe, because I'm no sheep.

Same. Believing and loving something doesnt mean someone is a sheep. My opinions and my beliefs were formed by the relationship alone, not because someone says it was right or wrong. But because of the understanding of how the wrong hurts others around me and god himself.

Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I wish he would help me, suffering depression and CPTSD. Cannot concentrate, meditate or understand. I wonder why we have to go through this. Really suffering and then I see itgwrs like myself able, stay blessed pray for me

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wish he would help me, suffering depression and CPTSD. Cannot concentrate, meditate or understand. I wonder why we have to go through this. Really suffering and then I see itgwrs like myself able, stay blessed pray for me

I will definitely pray for you. I know, this is an extremely painful disease. I feel like I'm living in a different world from everyone else, and the older I get it is starting to take a bigger toll on me mentally. How many relapses have you had?

Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I will definitely pray for you. I know, this is an extremely painful disease. I feel like I'm living in a different world from everyone else, and the older I get it is starting to take a bigger toll on me mentally. How many relapses have you had?[/QUOTE

Currently experiencing one now, lasted 5 years.

2007 prior to that and minor ones in between.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. 5 years? I think the longest I've ever had one last was around 6 months with really bad symptoms, then up to a year to go back to a normal state. This is my second relapse of it. I feel like stress plays a huge role in triggering it, and I am currently seeking out ways to try and prevent future breakdowns. Have you tried medications? Because I have not.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. 5 years? I think the longest I've ever had one last was around 6 months with really bad symptoms, then up to a year to go back to a normal state. This is my second relapse of it. I feel like stress plays a huge role in triggering it, and I am currently seeking out ways to try and prevent future breakdowns. Have you tried medications? Because I have not.
As for myself, I would take the B vitamins (B-100 or B-50; no toxicity, no bad side effects). One or two a day, depending on weight and metabolism.
There's some other things also , that's been helpful for others nationwide. No contraindications that I have ever heard, but check with someone with experience and knowledge ....

Upvote 0

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As for myself, I would take the B vitamins (B-100 or B-50; no toxicity, no bad side effects). One or two a day, depending on weight and metabolism.
There's some other things also , that's been helpful for others nationwide. No contraindications that I have ever heard, but check with someone with experience and knowledge ....

Hey yeshuasslavejeff I do agree with the b vitamins, however instead of the vitamin supplements, I've been trying to find foods that contain them naturally as well as maintaining an exercise routine. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Hey yeshuasslavejeff I do agree with the b vitamins, however instead of the vitamin supplements, I've been trying to find foods that contain them naturally as well as maintaining an exercise routine. Thanks for the feedback.
I don't know the specific foods, but there are places nationwide supplying once or twice a week healthy nutritious meals for between 7$ to 15$ per meal,
not for medical reasons, but as a convenience for people who can afford them.

The food (when right), is free from toxins, hormones, anti-biotics, etc etc etc ,
and instead has GOOD NUTRITIONAL VALUE (every meal).

According to yelp or similar reviews by people using those services,
it surprises people with various diagnosis in about one to three months ,
when they go to their regular doctor again(routinely) and their regular doctor
tells them - we can reduce you medicine doses, based on TESTING !

Sometimes the doctors may have recommended the dietary changes/ meal service provider; knowing that this helps,
but other times it was really just a 'convenience', and good tasting food (better than can be purchased at most grocery stores), and the health benefits were truly a surprise ......

Upvote 0

Robin8898

Jan 27, 2019
COEUR D ALENE
✟15,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know the specific foods, but there are places nationwide supplying once or twice a week healthy nutritious meals for between 7$ to 15$ per meal,
not for medical reasons, but as a convenience for people who can afford them.

The food (when right), is free from toxins, hormones, anti-biotics, etc etc etc ,
and instead has GOOD NUTRITIONAL VALUE (every meal).

According to yelp or similar reviews by people using those services,
it surprises people with various diagnosis in about one to three months ,
when they go to their regular doctor again(routinely) and their regular doctor
tells them - we can reduce you medicine doses, based on TESTING !

Sometimes the doctors may have recommended the dietary changes/ meal service provider; knowing that this helps,
but other times it was really just a 'convenience', and good tasting food (better than can be purchased at most grocery stores), and the health benefits were truly a surprise ......

That's very interesting, I've never heard of that before. However it is no shock to me that eating well and maintaining an exercise routine can be very beneficial to your mental health. And it kinda irks me that more doctors do not let their patients know this, instead put them on meds. I work in a pharmacy, so im very aware of the effects that meds can have on patients, that is why I will not try them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That's very interesting, I've never heard of that before. However it is no shock to me that eating well and maintaining an exercise routine can be very beneficial to your mental health. And it kinda irks me that more doctors do not let their patients know this, instead put them on meds. I work in a pharmacy, so im very aware of the effects that meds can have on patients, that is why I will not try them.
Yes, it was while I was working in four or five hospital pharmacies doing the work of a pharmacist that I learned they already knew how to cure some disease, but wanted the money more ! (they freely admitted this, with a 'straight face' ! No sign of a heart or a conscience ! )

Anyway, adults can go to a healthy book store and find out for themselves what others have done, or seek out a support group of people who 'were sifted' and overcame , to find out what to do, and sometimes what tests to request to verify. The healthy ways usually cost a few hundred dollars at most, compared to thousands upon thousands of dollars the drugged way; also the healthy way goes directly to the cause and deals with the cause, instead of treating the symptoms (most drug ways). The healthy way might take 2 days, two weeks, two months, six months, or six years; in any case usually a lot less time than the drugged way (2 years to a lifetime?) ... AND with no necessary side effects (a GREAT BENEFIT ! ) ...

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not start improving and growing till I gave up on all my major sins. When I got truly saved- not half way- my life turned around from what you mentioned. Sz. Then everything changed.
I did it his way. I quit drugs and fornication and unbelief. Stress is bad but I keep fighting.

Upvote 0

TheTrueWay

Aug 7, 2020
Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia but I only began having symptoms after I was prescribed an antidepressant many years ago and I didnt realise I was reacting to trauma. Then after being put on heavier drugs I couldn't function and kept relapsing.

Still not healed but came off three of the drugs. On one drug now. If I'd listened to the doctors and well meaning people I'd still be on four. But I function much better on just one. Came to this point by realising it was trauma that needed to be treated ....a trauma can have happened even if its not remembered.

Why is it that some people get better without any kind of belief and others seem to be miraculously healed?

Just realised this is an old thread so there may not be more replies.

Upvote 0