• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Survey for my Sociology Class

Discussion in 'Young Adults' started by claireu1111, Apr 8, 2021.

1. claireu1111

claireu1111 New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Hey guys, this is my survey link for my socy senior seminar research project, we are looking for respondents between the ages of 18 and 25 who are Christian or were raised Christian. I would be REALLY grateful if you could take the survey or send it along to someone else for a snowball effect:) Thanks so much!

Informed Consent: Issues Pertaining to Christianity and the LGBTQ+ Community

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Friedrich Rubinstein

Friedrich Rubinstein Well-Known Member

+787
    Germany
    Christian
    Private
    Hi Claire :)

I just participated in your survey and would like to let you know that the way the questions are asked - or, in other words, the possible ways to answer - lead to a rather "extreme" image of what the Bible says. There was basically no way to differentiate between God's love towards all humans, including LGBTQ+ members, and God's absolutely just judgment of people who "exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones". There was also no way to explain the difference between "not agreeing with someone's lifestyle" and "treating that person like you want to be treated yourself" nevertheless.

The survey made it rather impossible to illustrate what it means to hate the sin and love the sinner.

Sincerely,
    Friedrich

3. thehehe

thehehe Well-Known Member

+1,082
    France
    Catholic
    Single
    Agree with the above poster, it was hard to answer in a balanced way but I tried my best!
    Good luck with your project!