Minnesota
✟24,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am getting my third knee surgery tomorrow, and am pretty nervous about it...I havent been around the forums in a while due to tons of life things and college stuff...but I figured I would come here to seek some prayer for this surgery! I appreciate it in advanced everyone!

-Cameron

JesusFreak4L

Not only living my life, but also His
Nov 2, 2006
Minnesota
✟24,812.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone thanks so much for the prayers!

I was in surgery for 5 hours, and it basically was 3 surgeries put into one. I have 29 staples as the result of the surgery and two massive incisions in my knee. I spent two nights in the hospital and then was discharged to come home and have been cooped up in my house on the couch for about 3 days now. 6 more weeks of this, and I will be free!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoopy500

Revelation 21:6- I am Alpha and Omega
May 14, 2015
Toronto
✟79,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

I was in surgery for 5 hours, and it basically was 3 surgeries put into one. I have 29 staples as the result of the surgery and two massive incisions in my knee. I spent two nights in the hospital and then was discharged to come home and have been cooped up in my house on the couch for about 3 days now. 6 more weeks of this, and I will be free!!!

im glad that it went well for you:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

mikey12561

Senior Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
At Home.....
Visit site
✟11,988.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Cameron. Sorry I didn't see this post for the start. I do want to say that I'm glad that you are doing okay now.

I know what you mean about not being around here much. I'm not either. However you want to talk anytime feel free too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pianomaster42

Christian Musician
Jun 29, 2009
Illinois
✟15,237.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
snoopy500 said:

That's good to hear you're doing better. I just found out about this, so I couldn't pray for your surgery, but I will pray for your speedy and complete recovery :D

xchillx42 said:
All I can do is wish you luck, prayer is proven not to work.
Proven by whom? Has it been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that prayer does not reach some being who then decides whether the subject of the prayer is best for the prayee? I have seen many instances where just having people thinking about you, and knowing that, is enough to give someone hope. Hope that they will get better. When someone who is terminally ill gives up, they will die. That is one of the primary purposes of praying for someone, giving them hope. Sending them your goodwill, by way of God.

Now, granted, sometimes there are those who all the prayer in the world isn't enough to save. Well, I believe that to be because God created a world with balance. Both good things and bad things happen. Nothing of this universe can exist without its opposite--light and darkness, matter and antimatter, positive and negative, and good and evil. (God obviously does not apply to this because he is not of this universe. Something cannot be of this universe if it created it.) Life cannot exist without death, in the same line. Death is an essential part of life, and well, we Christians believe that death is merely passing into the next world. Atheists generally believe death is the end of everything. Whichever way it is, neither can exist without the other.

I apologize for the tangent, I had to explain in detail why I think prayer "doesn't always work." :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.