Nov 27, 2012
Southern California Coast
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hello my WOF brothers and sisters,

I am going to be brutally honest with you here. I am struggling. Of course I still believe in God, of course I still have faith, of course I still believe the Word is true, of course I know, I know, I know what I know, but............

I am in need of two more surgeries. :o

Since I retired from the USMC in 2004 I've had:

2004 9.5 hr back fusion surgery (L5-S1)
2007 arthroscopic surgery in my left knee
2010 rotator cuff surgery and reattachment of my bicep tendon
2013 arthroscopic surgery in my right knee (Oct 1, 2013)
2013 full knee replacement surgery in my left knee (Nov 25, 2013)

My neck is in much pain; I've already had three outpatient procedures to alleviate the pain - to no avail. Next Friday I go in for a facet joint branch block procedure. They are telling me I will need fusion surgery soon on my neck.

The left side of my face is completely numb, as if I've had a novacaine shot. We've had every neurological test known to man done and they come up with ZIPPO - "we don't know what's wrong".

Three weeks ago, my right knee ripped apart while demo-ing some equipment and I now am scheduled for full knee replacement in my right knee.

I believe!!!! I fully believe I am healed of the Lord - but that "common unbelief" as Wommack calls it - reality and circumstances staring me in the face are hard to overcome. I know God can use doctors and medicine, but to tell the truth I am VERY ANGRY about this and the enemy coming against me.

Add to this, my wife has had two surgeries on her left knee and has been told she is now bone-on-bone and she, too, needs a full knee replacement.

We are only in our mid-50s and feel like 90+ year old decrepits. We have always been very active, almost pro-athlete level energetic people. This is so crippling, so confining.

We keep trying to figure out what we've done wrong. We've come under authority, we've prayed in agreement (with many faith-filled folks), we've done all we know to do but something is wrong somewhere.

Short of creative miracles we are in much need.

Advice, prayer, love appreciated.

Dave

Basha21

Jul 10, 2014
Virginia
✟281.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private

I am going to be brutally honest with you here. I am struggling. Of course I still believe in God, of course I still have faith, of course I still believe the Word is true, of course I know, I know, I know what I know, but............

My neck is in much pain; I've already had three outpatient procedures to alleviate the pain - to no avail. Next Friday I go in for a facet joint branch block procedure. They are telling me I will need fusion surgery soon on my neck.

The left side of my face is completely numb, as if I've had a novacaine shot. We've had every neurological test known to man done and they come up with ZIPPO - "we don't know what's wrong".

Three weeks ago, my right knee ripped apart while demo-ing some equipment and I now am scheduled for full knee replacement in my right knee.

I believe!!!! I fully believe I am healed of the Lord - but that "common unbelief" as Wommack calls it - reality and circumstances staring me in the face are hard to overcome. I know God can use doctors and medicine, but to tell the truth I am VERY ANGRY about this and the enemy coming against me.

Add to this, my wife has had two surgeries on her left knee and has been told she is now bone-on-bone and she, too, needs a full knee replacement.

We are only in our mid-50s and feel like 90+ year old decrepits. We have always been very active, almost pro-athlete level energetic people. This is so crippling, so confining.

We keep trying to figure out what we've done wrong. We've come under authority, we've prayed in agreement (with many faith-filled folks), we've done all we know to do but something is wrong somewhere.

Dave

YOU ARE HEALED, IN JESUS' NAME! I'm believing with you, Dave.

I'm new here, but your post really touched my heart. I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through. God uses medical people to help us sometimes!! HE is the ONE who sends them to help heal us in the natural. Please don't get under condemnation for using the medical professionals to help you right now. A few WoFers will make comments about this, but something that really blessed me years ago was finding about about a book of the Apocrypha called Ecclesiasticus that talks about God sending us doctors. If you are interested, I will find my Bible and send you that chapter.

I've been through something similar and it was so hard and worse what a few Christians would do--judging others when they have no clue what you're going through inside. I haven't been through your exact situation, but wow, I did go through just an awful time.

Have you had someone pray with you in person? Over the phone? I'm guessing yes, but just an idea. If you call Rhema, they will pray for you and stand with you in your faith. They will send your prayer needs to Healing School and they will also be praying for you. And if you ask, they will send you a prayer cloth to keep on you. I'm sure there are many other ministries who will do the same, its just that I know that ministry well and they can help. You may have had your own pastor lay hands on you and that's great. I remember John Osteen used to say, "HOLD ON, your healing is just around the corner!" It may look dismal, but God is bigger than what we see and He has sent His Word to heal you!

Even Pastor Hagin recently had a full knee replacement. He doesn't hide it--he has shared with the congregation about it and in this week's Campmeeting online. And I've seen a comment or two on here about his lack of faith, which is a real shame. If they would pray for you instead of judging you, they might hear God tell them how very much He loves you. You are His child and He wants the very best for you.

Please don't give up. I will join my faith with you for your TOTAL healing! It may come from the doctors, and then again, it may not ;). The devil is coming against you trying to steal your faith. Hold on to it! He's a liar and a deceiver. Don't entertain his lies when he brings them to you. That's something God has really been dealing with me about personally. When the deceiver comes and tries to bring those thoughts against you, immediately tell him he has to leave in Jesus' name. He will be back (probably in about 1.5 seconds, in my own experience!), but just keep standing. Keep standing and God will see you through. God has a call on your life and the devil is trying to steal it. So God must have something really good coming for you and your wife!

Stay in the Word and keep praying and and believing. Your God is a mighty God. Listen to the still, small voice inside you. Get counsel from your pastor or a trusted Christian mentor in your life if you need it, but be careful about listening to those who will judge you. They mean well, but they just open the door to the devil. That's the last thing you need right now. Keep praising God for your healing--it will come. His Word does NOT return void!

I went through a really horrible period in my life and ended getting out of God's will for 22 years!!! I missed the call of God on my life. He still has a place for me, what it wasn't what He intended. Some was my own fault, but you know, sometimes well-meaning Christians just hinder your faith sometimes. Dismiss those thoughts and take your blessing!

You probably know all of the things I have said above, but I'm just trying to encourage you. Some of us have gone through agonizing things in our lives and just know that we're here for you, Brother Dave.

God blesses me so much when He allows me to pray for others. So thank you very much for sharing your struggle and allowing me to join with you in believing for a total healing, spirit, soul and body. In Jesus MIGHTY Name!

Marcia

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dave

My Brother in Christ,

I can relate to you and your wife's various afflictions.

I have had total shoulder replacements on both shoulders and the orthopedic surgeon states both of my knees are destroyed (bone on bone). Due to the new healthcare mandates (laws) I will be unable to have both of my knees replaced. The Lord can heal me from this affliction but until that occurs; I shall count it all joy. I lay hands on my knees every day asking for healing from the Lord but I refuse to be discouraged by the enemy of my soul concerning this matter.

For several years I listened to the voice of the enemy telling me why I had afflictions and why I was not healed of the Lord.

After much prayer and the reading of God's Holy Word I have come to the following conclusions:

-Many great men and women of Faith suffered much affliction but still served the Lord mightily (including but not limited to healing/deliverance ministries)

-I know that I know that the Lord could heal me as I write this post.

-Though I have affliction I am greatly favored and blessed by my Abba Father

-Though I have affliction the Lord uses me as a yielded earthen vessel to be about the Father's business-winning souls

-I have not done anything wrong to cause/create my affliction nor did I do anything to prevent the Lord from healing my afflictions

-In the name of Jesus I will not allow the enemy to fill my head with unbelief, condemnation or confusion regarding physical affliction.

May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless and favor you and your and loved ones, my brother in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Dave

100 years ago you'd be a cripple. What you have is a miracle. I have two knee replacements and I felt 15 years younger after getting them. I will pray all goes well with you and your wife.

While my knees were bad I prayed for healing and relief from pain, I was using a cane and a scooter to go shopping. Getting those knees replaced and healing so well, absolutely was an answer to prayer. I don't even take an aspirin anymore. Knees are wonderful.

I have seen miracles, I believe and I know that it is the Lord that heals. He is not at my beck and call, however He chooses to heal me, I accept from Him.

However, if I were you, I would go for deliverance. it may be a spiritual battle that is not being fought well. I suggest some fasting and prayer before listening to these videos. Wonderful ministry. Remember deliverance is part of the Lord's healing ministry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAIlEHx-jSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejXYgpld9iU

God bless, andrea

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey Diver... I know what you are going through. I think I made that somewhat clear in another post about that with the PTSD thing and the Agent Orange thing. What I posted was only a drop in the bucket of what's (really) going on with my family. The Lord led me to share "some" of it in that earlier post, and... for a reason. For us... we are (now) beginning to "really" walk in THE BLESSING to the point of "seeing" several manifestations.
I may get some "criticism" for this response to you... and you definitely don't need any that may be aimed at you and your family in this time of need. However... I must do the works of the Father... and He has BLESSED me on this forum in exhortation... especially to the hurting. I am recommending a book that I purchased over a year ago and initually read it... highlited it in a few areas... and just plain forgot about it.

I know you and others may be getting tired of hearing about this is ONE major PROMISE that the Church, as a (whole) has TOTALLY neglected and Satan wants us to continue to remain ignorant of that. The very same promises that God gave to Abraham (the Abrahamic Covenant)... of THE BLESSING is definitely for us also today. Down through the years THE BLESSING has been lost for the most part... to the Church. We can just look around at the majority of the Body of Christ to confirm that. Are we being "overtaken?" Are our barn(s) full? Is our vat overflowing? (tank, barrel, etc.) Are we walking in divine health?

Just some months ago, the Lord opened our (wife and I) eyes to THE BLESSING. This has been evident on several of my recent posts. While doing some work upstairs of my home... I found "this" book and completely forgot about it.

Finding "this" book was timely since I had already applied knowledge of THE BLESSING promises in my posts. I don't believe for a minute that finding "this" book (for such a time as this) was coincidental. We (now) know that the Holy Spirit was all over it. In a minite... I will tell you of this book... but first... for ALL who reads this response and (to be clear)... WE all know that God's Word is first place and that God is speaking to us through His written Word in which we are to daily meditate on.

However... Sometimes we need help from either concordances, counselors, pastors, teachers of the Word to help better clarify what the author is really saying about a certain area... that may help minister to our needs. There are several books one can purchase that can also enhance areas of what the Bible is saying in more clarity for those of us that need it.

As far as taking medications, seeing doctors, etc... Not too long ago, this pastor/teacher of the Word said that he went to bed one night with a splitting headache and could not sleep. As a great man of faith, he prayed... and spoke the Word. The symptoms remained for another hour or so. He couldn't take it anymore... so he got up and took some aspirin. Within moments... he said the headache went away and he went to sleep... (Kenneth E. Hagin)

Will I get criticized in recommending "this" book written by none other than our friend of the faith... Kenneth Copeland? The book is called THE BLESSING that can be purchased through BVOV or Amazon. I think it was $20 or so. My copy right now is so highlighted at only the second reading that I may purchase another one. If anyone purchases this book. I would suggest to read it right along with their Bible.

Diver... I would also suggest for you and your family to (add) to your daily Bible reading THE BLESSING in, (Deut 28:1-14), and meditate on it daily. If you continue this... you may start finding yourselves saying throughout the day... Thank you Lord for THE BLESSING... (not because you have to but because you want to)... until it becomes unfeigned faith being realized in your heart.

One other thing (we) are really noticing that by... "believing you receive WHEN you pray" (Mk 11:24), and then "cast these cares upon Him for He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7)...Then... "Enter Into His Rest with praise and thanksgiving" (Heb 4:10)... and watch God manifest His Word.

I apologize for the length. (You need a friend... in Jesus).

Harry...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
YOU ARE HEALED, IN JESUS' NAME! I'm believing with you, Dave.

I'm new here, but your post really touched my heart. I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through. God uses medical people to help us sometimes!! HE is the ONE who sends them to help heal us in the natural. Please don't get under condemnation for using the medical professionals to help you right now. A few WoFers will make comments about this, but something that really blessed me years ago was finding about about a book of the Apocrypha called Ecclesiasticus that talks about God sending us doctors. If you are interested, I will find my Bible and send you that chapter.

I've been through something similar and it was so hard and worse what a few Christians would do--judging others when they have no clue what you're going through inside. I haven't been through your exact situation, but wow, I did go through just an awful time.

Have you had someone pray with you in person? Over the phone? I'm guessing yes, but just an idea. If you call Rhema, they will pray for you and stand with you in your faith. They will send your prayer needs to Healing School and they will also be praying for you. And if you ask, they will send you a prayer cloth to keep on you. I'm sure there are many other ministries who will do the same, its just that I know that ministry well and they can help. You may have had your own pastor lay hands on you and that's great. I remember John Osteen used to say, "HOLD ON, your healing is just around the corner!" It may look dismal, but God is bigger than what we see and He has sent His Word to heal you!

Even Pastor Hagin recently had a full knee replacement. He doesn't hide it--he has shared with the congregation about it and in this week's Campmeeting online. And I've seen a comment or two on here about his lack of faith, which is a real shame. If they would pray for you instead of judging you, they might hear God tell them how very much He loves you. You are His child and He wants the very best for you.

Please don't give up. I will join my faith with you for your TOTAL healing! It may come from the doctors, and then again, it may not ;). The devil is coming against you trying to steal your faith. Hold on to it! He's a liar and a deceiver. Don't entertain his lies when he brings them to you. That's something God has really been dealing with me about personally. When the deceiver comes and tries to bring those thoughts against you, immediately tell him he has to leave in Jesus' name. He will be back (probably in about 1.5 seconds, in my own experience!), but just keep standing. Keep standing and God will see you through. God has a call on your life and the devil is trying to steal it. So God must have something really good coming for you and your wife!

Stay in the Word and keep praying and and believing. Your God is a mighty God. Listen to the still, small voice inside you. Get counsel from your pastor or a trusted Christian mentor in your life if you need it, but be careful about listening to those who will judge you. They mean well, but they just open the door to the devil. That's the last thing you need right now. Keep praising God for your healing--it will come. His Word does NOT return void!

I went through a really horrible period in my life and ended getting out of God's will for 22 years!!! I missed the call of God on my life. He still has a place for me, what it wasn't what He intended. Some was my own fault, but you know, sometimes well-meaning Christians just hinder your faith sometimes. Dismiss those thoughts and take your blessing!

You probably know all of the things I have said above, but I'm just trying to encourage you. Some of us have gone through agonizing things in our lives and just know that we're here for you, Brother Dave.

God blesses me so much when He allows me to pray for others. So thank you very much for sharing your struggle and allowing me to join with you in believing for a total healing, spirit, soul and body. In Jesus MIGHTY Name!

Marcia

Thank you, Marcia, for this very encouraging reply. It sure touched my heart. :)

Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My Brother in Christ,

I can relate to you and your wife's various afflictions.

I have had total shoulder replacements on both shoulders and the orthopedic surgeon states both of my knees are destroyed (bone on bone). Due to the new healthcare mandates (laws) I will be unable to have both of my knees replaced. The Lord can heal me from this affliction but until that occurs; I shall count it all joy. I lay hands on my knees every day asking for healing from the Lord but I refuse to be discouraged by the enemy of my soul concerning this matter.

For several years I listened to the voice of the enemy telling me why I had afflictions and why I was not healed of the Lord.

After much prayer and the reading of God's Holy Word I have come to the following conclusions:

-Many great men and women of Faith suffered much affliction but still served the Lord mightily (including but not limited to healing/deliverance ministries)

-I know that I know that the Lord could heal me as I write this post.

-Though I have affliction I am greatly favored and blessed by my Abba Father

-Though I have affliction the Lord uses me as a yielded earthen vessel to be about the Father's business-winning souls

-I have not done anything wrong to cause/create my affliction nor did I do anything to prevent the Lord from healing my afflictions

-In the name of Jesus I will not allow the enemy to fill my head with unbelief, condemnation or confusion regarding physical affliction.

May our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ bless and favor you and your and loved ones, my brother in Christ.

Oohrah, Gunny. Thank you for your candid reply. I will be holding you up in prayer, too.

Yes, every day we lay hands on our bodies and thank the Lord for the healing.

God is good in spite of the pain and current turmoil.

Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
100 years ago you'd be a cripple. What you have is a miracle. I have two knee replacements and I felt 15 years younger after getting them. I will pray all goes well with you and your wife.

While my knees were bad I prayed for healing and relief from pain, I was using a cane and a scooter to go shopping. Getting those knees replaced and healing so well, absolutely was an answer to prayer. I don't even take an aspirin anymore. Knees are wonderful.

I have seen miracles, I believe and I know that it is the Lord that heals. He is not at my beck and call, however He chooses to heal me, I accept from Him.

However, if I were you, I would go for deliverance. it may be a spiritual battle that is not being fought well. I suggest some fasting and prayer before listening to these videos. Wonderful ministry. Remember deliverance is part of the Lord's healing ministry.

God bless, andrea

Thanks, Andrea. That is good news that your surgeries went great! Seems many good folk are having/or have had replacement surgery - yes, I was thinking about what they did in the "old days" without the miracle of these kinds of medical advances.

The knee replacement I had 8 months ago has brought relief, not as much as we thought it would be at this point, but the doc says to give it a few more months and the fullness of the healing will be there.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If I were in your shoes, I would pray in tongues over longer and longer periods of time. Then in English for interpretation. I also would not rule out the doctor solution.

Good advice, Scott. I haven't been praying in the Spirit as much as I used to. :doh:

Thanks for the reminder.

Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey Diver... I know what you are going through. I think I made that somewhat clear in another post about that with the PTSD thing and the Agent Orange thing. What I posted was only a drop in the bucket of what's (really) going on with my family. The Lord led me to share "some" of it in that earlier post, and... for a reason. For us... we are (now) beginning to "really" walk in THE BLESSING to the point of "seeing" several manifestations.
I may get some "criticism" for this response to you... and you definitely don't need any that may be aimed at you and your family in this time of need. However... I must do the works of the Father... and He has BLESSED me on this forum in exhortation... especially to the hurting. I am recommending a book that I purchased over a year ago and initually read it... highlited it in a few areas... and just plain forgot about it.

I know you and others may be getting tired of hearing about this is ONE major PROMISE that the Church, as a (whole) has TOTALLY neglected and Satan wants us to continue to remain ignorant of that. The very same promises that God gave to Abraham (the Abrahamic Covenant)... of THE BLESSING is definitely for us also today. Down through the years THE BLESSING has been lost for the most part... to the Church. We can just look around at the majority of the Body of Christ to confirm that. Are we being "overtaken?" Are our barn(s) full? Is our vat overflowing? (tank, barrel, etc.) Are we walking in divine health?

Just some months ago, the Lord opened our (wife and I) eyes to THE BLESSING. This has been evident on several of my recent posts. While doing some work upstairs of my home... I found "this" book and completely forgot about it.

Finding "this" book was timely since I had already applied knowledge of THE BLESSING promises in my posts. I don't believe for a minute that finding "this" book (for such a time as this) was coincidental. We (now) know that the Holy Spirit was all over it. In a minite... I will tell you of this book... but first... for ALL who reads this response and (to be clear)... WE all know that God's Word is first place and that God is speaking to us through His written Word in which we are to daily meditate on.

However... Sometimes we need help from either concordances, counselors, pastors, teachers of the Word to help better clarify what the author is really saying about a certain area... that may help minister to our needs. There are several books one can purchase that can also enhance areas of what the Bible is saying in more clarity for those of us that need it.

As far as taking medications, seeing doctors, etc... Not too long ago, this pastor/teacher of the Word said that he went to bed one night with a splitting headache and could not sleep. As a great man of faith, he prayed... and spoke the Word. The symptoms remained for another hour or so. He couldn't take it anymore... so he got up and took some aspirin. Within moments... he said the headache went away and he went to sleep... (Kenneth E. Hagin)

Will I get criticized in recommending "this" book written by none other than our friend of the faith... Kenneth Copeland? The book is called THE BLESSING that can be purchased through BVOV or Amazon. I think it was $20 or so. My copy right now is so highlighted at only the second reading that I may purchase another one. If anyone purchases this book. I would suggest to read it right along with their Bible.

Diver... I would also suggest for you and your family to (add) to your daily Bible reading THE BLESSING in, (Deut 28:10), and meditate on it daily. If you continue this... you may start finding yourselves saying throughout the day... Thank you Lord for THE BLESSING... (not because you have to but because you want to)... until it becomes unfeigned faith being realized in your heart.

One other thing (we) are really noticing that by... "believing you receive WHEN you pray" (Mk 11:24), and then "cast these cares upon Him for He cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7)...Then... "Enter Into His Rest with praise and thanksgiving" (Heb 4:10)... and watch God manifest His Word.

I apologize for the length. (You need a friend... in Jesus).

Harry...

Harry, you're the best, man:thumbsup:

We have this book by KCM. My wife's read it a couple times, me only once and I kinda skimmed through it. Thanks for the recommendation to read it again.

Thanks for sharing your stories, too.

Semper Fi​

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith

Dave
IMO, we're in school, training on the LORD'S words.

Are we instantly successful on all faith cases?

No. We have some successes and some failures as we continue to learn.

WOF teachers help us understand the 5 W's (who, what, where, when, why) of the LORD'S words and promises.

The LORD HIMSELF teaches us the steps to take to achieve victory (bring what IS seen in the SPIRIT, INTO being seen in the natural. (Psalm 37:23, 20:24)

There's no condemnation. Just a constant learning curve. (Romans 8:1)

The LORD is the author and finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2)

http://www.christianforums.com/t7807590-2/#post65175733

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
For me, 1 key component of success is not dwelling on my failures (which equates to planting failure seed in my heart and mind).

I want to know WHY I fail, but often that path only leads to more negativity and no real answers.

I find when I dwell on, and study, the successes, I plant more success seed in my inner man, the part of me from which the LORD'S life and power flow out. (Proverbs 4:23)

Charles Capps calls this staying in "Possibility Thinking".

IOW, I ask the LORD what should I do, what steps should I take, what words should I say, etc.

"This is the way; walk in it." - Isaiah 30:21

Reactions: OldDogDiver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I listened to Gary Carpenter's teaching on how he got his healing. He tossed his medication after stepping out "in faith". He believed God was meeting his need, but some things needed working out.

He says people ask him are they standing properly and they have faith. He says if they have to ask, he already knows the answer.

Dave Roberson (his pastor) told him that he needed to continue taking his medication until the part of him that still didn't believe actually did.

Part of that was getting with God and finding out the steps that he needed to take to walk out his healing. He had him praying in the spirit a lot and repeating 3 scriptures for hours. It sounds laborious and as he said, what works for me won't necessarily work for you.

You have to hear God and get the instructions for him and then do them. All the while he was walking out God's instructions, he'd take his medication. After over a year, God told him to cut his medication in half. After a few months later, he told him he didn't need it anymore.

The whole time he was building up his faith praying in the spirit and building up the Word into his spirit.

When Joshua and company would go to the next enemy stronghold (already in place), they had specific instructions to follow to win the battle. You couldn't do at Ai what you did at Jericho.

Some other helpful bits are in the hearing department. Sometimes we go floating on by with certain issues that Jesus wants to be fully Lord over before we get His best. The sitting at His feet and worshipping and just listening is one of the most valuable things you can do.

Sometimes in prayer, you'll see some things about your life that need adjusting. Some things you've said or a direction you moved in wasn't God's will. So you re-align yourself and renounce some things and "reprogram" your soul to get in line. He takes some roots out of you.

Many bone problems are said to be bitterness issues (often for stuff that happened long ago). I think we have to be willing to go where the Spirit takes us in our prayer times and we re-forgive (again if need be) and bless, and get some junk out of us we didn't know was in there.

Often physical things are manifestations of things years in the making (literally plantings in our garden) that suddenly bear fruit.

A common theme I hear from many people with "down time" in physical problems. God "arrested" them from their busyness and His permissive will. That's where the enemy has access to us.

For me, I know sometimes I let my "inputs" get connected to the wrong things. There's a lot of stuff on TV believers compromise with, but it interferes with our renewal.

Anyway, I don't know anything about your life! I'm not saying I heard these things, but they are issues to consider that are valuable to all believers. You know a pilot has a checklist before he takes off. All of that maintenance on the plane takes place every so often before you get up in the air. If it doesn't you have trouble.

I would also ensure that you are opening yourself up to prophetic ministry. Esteem it and you'll partake of the reward. One move of the Spirit can completely change your life.

I would encourage you to listen to that Gary Carpenter mp3 where he talks about his how he got his healing (by faith), but taking the land God's way. If you are interested and have trouble finding it on his website, let me know.

I wish you well and I hate to hear saints having that kind of trouble, but at the same time I often hear about people having serious problems and God healed them! If you're serious about your healing, you start looking up teachings on healing and testimonies. Then you hear someone and something they say bears witness to you and it seems to lead you in a certain direction (maybe just a step or two down the road). The word seems to have some life in it. Go with it!
But as Gary mentions, God often won't give you step two until you've done step one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basha21

Jul 10, 2014
Virginia
✟281.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Blessed Sunday, Dave! I just wondered how you were doing. I hope you're still standing in faith, believing that God has healed you. I just noticed HH's response and I hope that will help encourage you. You've probably done a lot of the things people have suggested, but maybe something will "click" in your heart and help you receive your healing.

Since HH mentioned Kenneth Copeland, he and/or Gloria have a CD of healing scriptures. It's at KCM.org and its only $2.50 to download it. I would be happy to help you with that if you can't afford it. I'm not being funny--there have been times that I haven't been able to afford 5 cents and as soon as I thought of that CD, I felt I needed to get if for you if you wanted it and I'll even spring for the extra couple of dollars to send you the actual CD. ;)

You don't have to do anything but listen to God's Word and get it into your heart. Even if we believe in divine healing, sometimes listening to these scriptures over and over, all the sudden something will just hit you a little differently and you're able to receive! I have a copy from many years ago and it really helped me when I was unable to walk from a back injury.

I'm still praying for you and your wife.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Blessed Sunday, Dave! I just wondered how you were doing. I hope you're still standing in faith, believing that God has healed you. I just noticed HH's response and I hope that will help encourage you. You've probably done a lot of the things people have suggested, but maybe something will "click" in your heart and help you receive your healing.

Basha21... Welcome to the WoF forum. Thank you for your continuing prayer for Diver and his family. I have been guilty of praying for someone on a post... only to walk away and NOT continue to pray and believe with them. I learned lately (real quick) that the closer you walk in His LOVE and THE BLESSING... the more He manifests His LOVE to us to... remember others in their need.

It's awesome for you to return and uplift this wonderful family. I'm sure that Diver's family is rejoicing in what God is doing for them.

You are very gracious...

Harry... :wave:

Reactions: Basha21
Upvote 0

Basha21

Jul 10, 2014
Virginia
✟281.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private

Basha21... Welcome to the WoF forum. Thank you for your continuing prayer for Diver and his family. I have been guilty of praying for someone on a post... only to walk away and NOT continue to pray and believe with them. I learned lately (real quick) that the closer you walk in His LOVE and THE BLESSING... the more He manifests His LOVE to us to... remember others in their need.

It's awesome for you to return and uplift this wonderful family. I'm sure that Diver's family is rejoicing in what God is doing for them.

You are very gracious...

Harry... :wave:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Harry! That's very sweet. I had to learn years ago that for me keeping a prayer journal is very important. God brings people to my remembrance, but I like to double-check, too. And its awesome to be able to go back and put in the answers to prayer that were received and then read them months or years later! If discouragement or doubt sets in in my life, it helps me get back up when I see the people whose lives have been touched by God.

Have a great day and thanks again! :hug: I hope its okay to hug our brothers and sisters in the Lord on here. However, I do remember when I first came out of the world in the early 80s and my new pastor hugged me and I totally freaked out. lol

Upvote 0

OldDogDiver

Living the Good Life
Nov 27, 2012
✟7,831.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Since HH mentioned Kenneth Copeland, he and/or Gloria have a CD of healing scriptures. It's at KCM.org and its only $2.50 to download it. I would be happy to help you with that if you can't afford it. I'm not being funny--there have been times that I haven't been able to afford 5 cents and as soon as I thought of that CD, I felt I needed to get if for you if you wanted it and I'll even spring for the extra couple of dollars to send you the actual CD. ;)

You don't have to do anything but listen to God's Word and get it into your heart. Even if we believe in divine healing, sometimes listening to these scriptures over and over, all the sudden something will just hit you a little differently and you're able to receive! I have a copy from many years ago and it really helped me when I was unable to walk from a back injury.

Thank you so very much! Your prayers are coveted and your advice about the healing scriptures is good. My wife and I have been praying in the Spirit a lot more, together, the last few days.

Reactions: Basha21
Upvote 0