✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow isn't this amazing!? :)

Surgeons operated to remove my ovaries - but found a 9lb BABY inside': Mother's shock after months of stomach cramps are due to pregnancy
  • Rebecca Oldham had stomach pain for months and underwent many tests
  • Had three scans, two blood tests and six pregnancy tests but none revealed the pregnancy so it was eventually decided her ovaries were responsible
  • During surgery to remove them, surgeons found a healthy baby boy
  • Woke her up briefly to say the surgery was being changed to a caesarean
  • Baby James is now a healthy seven-month-old and an investigation is underway to discover how the pregnancy could have been missed.

• Rebecca Oldham, 25, was admitted to hospital with severe abdominal cramping and was due to undergo surgery to remove her ovaries as these were deemed to be the cause of her discomfort.

• But, when surgeons opened her up, they found a full-term baby boy inside her.

Ms Oldham, from New Zealand, told the New Zealand Herald: ‘I was facing not being able to have any more children because they thought there were problems with my ovaries, and all of a sudden we had a son.’

Ms Oldham says she had had months of stomach cramps and had undergone intensive testing.

She had three scans, two blood tests and six pregnancy tests as doctors attempted to establish the cause of her pain.

Eventually, she was admitted to Middlemore Hospital, in Manukau City, in November last year for surgery.

Surgeons were shocked to discover a healthy baby inside her and woke her up briefly to tell her the operation was being changed to an emergency caesarean.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are a lot of bogus news out too so I do not know what to believe in each specific story but I know of a family where the daughter was excpecting a child and all sorts of tests were done on her and she was only told to diet due to her big belly. Grown up people smiled at this teenager and asked her about futureplans but she denied being pregnant. One day she believed she had some serious stomach problems and went to the hospital and gave birth to a child. So I believe some people must have some strange kind of luck in life. I can only say I see it as Gods way of protecting certain children from abortion, I have no other way of explaining it. Because a full term baby is more accepted by its relatives than a tiny one You can see on a screen. The grandmother was in a bit of a chock i believe.

• Winner
Reactions: Tina W
Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's true, these kinds of things can happen. Just watch the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Half of them still have regular periods and get negatives on pregnancy tests. One lady was in labor with a full term baby that they could not find on the ultrasound, but out came the baby. Another lady didn't want any kids and suspected she was pregnant, but she kept getting negatives on urine and blood pregnancy tests. She ended up giving birth to a healthy baby girl. Doctors still don't know everything about the female body. Every pregnancy is different for every woman and each pregnancy for the same woman is different each time. The female body is the most mysterious thing God created. :angel::amen:

• Agree
Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
, these kinds of things can happen. Just watch the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant".
Yeah - that happened to a friend of my kid sister back circa 1980. The family was on a cross country road trip (from MI to FL) when she went into labor.

Reactions: Tina W
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You can't HIDE A 9 lbs baby from ultrasound any more than you can take a picture of someone and have their image not appear it the photo (but everything else show up). Before they would have decided to remove an ovary, they would have LOOKED at the ovary via ultrasound and other imaging sources. Again, you CAN'T HIDE a 9lb baby.

This is fake news and isn't the same as the people who didn't realize they were pregnant. Maybe the woman is faking the story to explain how she suddenly has a 9 lb newborn that she is claiming is her son...possibly she adopted a 2 month old baby and is claiming it is her own newborn....

There are people who don't know they are pregnant...but they didn't have an ultrasound or a full medical workup in preparation of surgery and those babies aren't 9 lb. And be careful about how much of those "we didn't know we were pregnant" shows you believe as gospel truth, because I have seen multiple incorrect data reported on those shows to make it seem more incredible or tell a better story. Things that no doctor would have said or done without losing his/her license or the hospital would have been closed down: HIPPA violations, stupid things that even a 1st year medical student would know better than to do, etc...

Upvote 0