Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I tried reading the Koran many years ago. It is difficult to read - and understand. Perhaps it should be updated into the vernacular to make its contents more accessible. I have a feeling though it isn't just language that creates the handicap but rather some differences in thinking.

Obviously we should respect differences. On the subject of respecting differences Biblical references are somewhat foggy. In the Judeo-Christian tradition there hasn't really been a history of multicultural respect for differences. Quite the opposite actually. I feel the same is true in terms of the Koran. While I cannot remember exact passages, the guidance seemed cut-and-dry when I was reading it. I said to myself, this author is not a person who lacks conviction. He has some very strong feelings.

I feel we should judge people not by their religion but what they say and do. And if they say they will kill you and every person in a particular country, I feel we should thank them for their opinion and then protect ourselves. And to say they are peaceful is complete rubbish. And when thousands of innocent people minding their own business are killed for no reason, we must judge the murderers not by their sacred texts but by what they do. I apply the same rules to Christians. We have priests molesting children. They aren't priests. Those are predators who should be imprisoned. So I choose to rely less on what people claim to believe in and more on how they actually behave. And nothing would make me happier than to live in peace with others regardless of their religion.

Upvote 0

minister50

Nov 11, 2007
✟15,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good post Ikaria! How do we expect to reach anyone if we can't even get the facts of their religion right? If we don't have respect for what they hold sacred why should they listen to what we say?
tulc(trying to rep Ikaria and it worked!) :clap:
Seeing that the Koran is of sinful men and authored by Satan it is already deceit and lies to begin with.

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Seeing that the Koran is of sinful men and authored by Satan it is already deceit and lies to begin with.
You gotta love the folks that prop up their own religion by denigrading the religions of others. Why do you not believe that your religion can be propped up by it own merits?

Upvote 0
O

ondaball

It appears to me that the very commentary you cite demonstrates CLEARLY how dangerous muslims are- by the words of the commentary they see themselves as a Nation and not as a Faith Community. Therefore it would seem quite reasonable for example for the USA to treat all muslims within our Borders as enemy aliens given that we are currently at War with the islamicists. In addition an affiliation with islam should make a person ineligible for USA Citizenship given their inability to renounce Loyalty to another 'Nation'.

See how they are now out to lash & even kill a UK young lady teacher just because her 7-year-old kids voted to give a teddy bear mascot their favourite name:-

http://foru.ms/t6481100-uk-teacher-held-in-sudan-over-teddy.html

Ian

Upvote 0