Not open for further replies.

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nauseate was putting it as nicely as I can...remember, I'm also a sailor's wife and can make a CPO blush.

For the price of ONE B-2 bomber, they can pay for preventative health care for every man, woman and child in this country for probably years. One aircraft carrier would pay for renewing infrastructure in a medium-sized city. (Based on 2.1 Billion for one B-2 and 7 Billion for one CVN-78 class carrier). But, renewing infrastructure isn't "sexy" and preventative care is mundane. It's a matter of priorities...mine tend to lean towards LIFE not DEATH!

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

What member would I be insulting?

Ken Aden, from Arkansas?
Did not realize he was a member but if so he deserves it.
But if the suggestion is that I see most libs in same light as him - I agree.

They pretend to care and want justice for people, have all these ideas about how the world should be and push for laws to make it so,(ObamasCare, gun control, halfway house early release programs) until that care and justice or laws effect their own lives then they scream like stuck pigs and show their true colors.
yeah sure, I looked up Aden, found nothing of which you mentioned, just more spin so it appears.

Yes, we have great ideas of how the world should be, like healthcare for citizens, and very different avenues in getting there unlike what the opposition supports. The only crying that I hear are from those who oppose ObamaCare healthcare systems. Reminds me of whiny babies.

Enjoy ObamaCare, Obama really cares and I support those good works.

images
Whiny Baby; those who whine constantly to no end of what is good for them. But that's ok, we now have medicine for that, ObamaCare. :thumbsup::wave:

....I'll put some extra cheese on your pizza pie just to make you smile.;)

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yeah sure, I looked up Aden, found nothing of which you mentioned, just more spin so it appears.

....I'll put some extra cheese on your pizza pie just to make you smile.;)
If someone actually "looked up" Aden and before he was forced to drop out in disgrace and compared him to his former opponent Steve Womack (Republican, Tea Party, NRA endorsed...etc) they would get the reference to whistle packing, failed training tough guy wannabe, and with how it ties to a common theme with the party and their elected leader - lying - except Ken got busted for it and Obama gets a pass. Also classic we need more gun control (more law abiding citizens armed with whistles) vs 2nd ammendment protection.

You make me laugh all the time Lovely, no need to have you continue cutting the cheese - we can already smell, or a tell where you stand.;)

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gun Control: Being able to hit your target with either hand. Yup! No whistles here, 9mm Ruger, .38 S&W and there's a S&W 45 in my future (yay for living in AZ!)

Instead of foo slinging, why don't you answer some of the more substantive issues brought up here. You've been called on the baloney statements of John Schaffner regarding the 14 cents by being reminded of other gov't agencies brought into being. Why don't you answer to those?

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would anyone think it wise to compare OSHA with a current annual budget of somewhere just over 1/2 billion with a monstrosity that even the CBO just recently ADDED over 20 times that amount EVERY YEAR to estimates of ObamasCaring?

That is 10 Billion the CBO itself says gets added every year to projected spending, which is already over 100 billion INCREASE a year in Federal HealthCare spending to pay for ObamasCaring. Last estimates is we are already spending over 350 billion a year in government health care, so the ObamasCaring is increasing that by at least 33% and that is by CBOs own estimates.
$500,000,000 verses almost a thousand times that a year and someone thinks they made a point because some people objected when OSHA was created to make the work place safer.

With OSHA I can at least see the benefits of my share of the 1/2 billion. I do not see the benefit of my share of a 33% (obviously conversative estimate) increase in annual health care spending by the government. So my costs go up and the quality of my current care goes down, how does that benefit middle America exactly?

BTW one might want to pick another thing to compare ObamasCare to as OSHA was pushed through by Republicans - just a suggestion.

So foo slinging is calling a spade a spade, but it is not calling others babies, cry babies, spin doctors, lame. That seems in fitting with a party whose leader claims to be civil and endorses the most uncivil personal attack ads the country has ever seen. And if you want to keep those guns sister, as I do, then you better switch support for another party.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Darlin, I had a whole post typed up but it got zapped. Guess that's God tellin' me it's time to stop attempting to bring reason to someone who won't listen. Time to go. I pray that someday you can see past your wallet into the faces of those who aren't as blessed as you obviously seem to be...and be willing to be a blessing to them.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am over $15k in medical debts for my wife (can't work) and working two jobs to try and make a dent in it. ObamasCaring is not helping me one bit, will not help me next year and has in fact cost me more already. I do not need to be "blessed" to see that.

I actually think most of yal here are pretty normal decent people, just wrong thinking or deceived. But I see am not viewed in the same light simply because I dare disagree.

And talking about my empty wallet;
nor do I need a person who has never had a real job and charging $36k a dinner plate to raise money talk to me about how "rich" and "out of touch" Romney is.
How many of us have friends that can afford $36k a plate to go out to dinner?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No...it's not. You're not the only one sitting on a boatload of medical bills, most of which I've had to fight to get covered. 1 MRI...10K. Insurance company didn't want to pay. They paid all but 600 bucks.

We survived a YEAR of me being unemployed, the deaths of my mom and aunt and my husband having to medically retire. We're in debt beyond our eyeballs and stuck with a house we can't sell. I found a good job but it's 2400 miles away from the house we're trying to sell.

So...here's the bottom line. You want to fuss about 14 cents on a pizza, go for it. I'd prefer to pay the lousy 14 cents than owe the thousands in medical bills we do now.

Oh and if you know anyone that wants to buy a house in SE Virginia, let me know.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No...it's not. You're not the only one sitting on a boatload of medical bills, most of which I've had to fight to get covered. 1 MRI...10K. Insurance company didn't want to pay. They paid all but 600 bucks.

We survived a YEAR of me being unemployed, the deaths of my mom and aunt and my husband having to medically retire. We're in debt beyond our eyeballs and stuck with a house we can't sell. I found a good job but it's 2400 miles away from the house we're trying to sell.

So...here's the bottom line. You want to fuss about 14 cents on a pizza, go for it. I'd prefer to pay the lousy 14 cents than owe the thousands in medical bills we do now.

Oh and if you know anyone that wants to buy a house in SE Virginia, let me know.

So just because someone disagrees with one’s view they are automatically rich and a Pharisee? And when that appears to not be the case, it is still ok that one said that. Nice!

My bills owed are not the total charges. That amount is my share of what was billed. My out of pocket has been 15-20k the last few years. So I need two jobs right now just to cover that. Am sorry you have had to fight to get the covered portion paid and pray the $600 comes in a windfall.

And again the point was not that a single 14 cent increase on a single pizza is going to bust my or most budgets. Even thought it does represent more than the "one dime" Obama vowed it WOULD NOT cost me, it would be incredibly naive for me to think ObamasCaring only impact on ALL businesses is a 14cent increase on cost to make a single pizza. Obamascaring impacts all businesses.

Multiply a 1% increase on ALL or even half of all purchases annually and the impact on my budget is devastating. Perhaps I should respond in kind and say am glad the opposing view here are all doing so well they can ignore a 1% increase in expenditures to pay for something (Obamascare) that was promised to cost us nothing, maybe they could have some sympathy for those of us not doing so well and for whom such a 1% increase is a problem.

I would think for most posting here the 14cent increase on a slice of pizza in response to a plan not yet fully implemented is not something to be laughed at. A single nat is annoying. A swarm of nats is intolerable.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Am over $15k in medical debts for my wife (can't work) and working two jobs to try and make a dent in it. ObamasCaring is not helping me one bit, will not help me next year and has in fact cost me more already. I do not need to be "blessed" to see that.

I actually think most of yal here are pretty normal decent people, just wrong thinking or deceived. But I see am not viewed in the same light simply because I dare disagree.

And talking about my empty wallet;
nor do I need a person who has never had a real job and charging $36k a dinner plate to raise money talk to me about how "rich" and "out of touch" Romney is.
How many of us have friends that can afford $36k a plate to go out to dinner?
oh stop with the victim crybaby whining. You dare to disagree in every post you write, you and I have been through that many times.
Empty wallet syndrome concerning your healthcare cost comes from the system in place prior to SCOTUS ruling. Why not place the blame on your free-market uncompetitive insurance companies (if you had any). But then again, I get a better understanding of where your rancor roots are.

I'll cut some cheese to go with that whine for you. ^_^

Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's what Ryan wants to do to healthcare for just the seniors...and you agree with this?
Budget hawk: A closer look at the Ryan plan | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

. The most contentious part of Ryan's proposed budget are the changes to Medicare, the nation's insurance plan for retirees and a political third rail. Ryan's plan would eventually transform Medicare into defined payments that seniors can use to buy private insurance or a government plan on an insurance exchange. There would be no limits to the out-of-pocket costs seniors could pay in this program, but Ryan assumes that the increased competition between Medicare and private plans would bring down overall costs. The amount of money seniors get to buy insurance would grow at a slightly higher rate than GDP each year. (The Congressional Budget Office says this would save the government money, but also significantly increase the amount seniors will eventually have to pay for their own insurance.) The eligibility age would gradually rise to 67, from 65. Democrats say this transforms Medicare into a "voucher program" that may leave seniors with big prescription bills and other medical costs, and the Obama campaign is already using this against Romney and Ryan. If Obama can convince seniors--a powerful voting bloc that turns out at the polls--that Ryan would worsen or weaken Medicare, it could mean bad news for their campaign.

And this is OK with you?

Oh and the 600 bucks is just ONE example of the bills...we're sitting on THOUSANDS of dollars. We won't discuss the bill for the week of inpatient hospitalization, the bills for other tests, the ER visits for pain relief.

But...if you think that the Romney/Ryan plan is good, then might as well go get a THIRD job to pay those bills. And forget about your wife keeping her disability.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh stop with the victim crybaby whining. You dare to disagree in every post you write, you and I have been through that many times.
Empty wallet syndrome concerning your healthcare cost comes from the system in place prior to SCOTUS ruling. Why not place the blame on your free-market uncompetitive insurance companies (if you had any). But then again, I get a better understanding of where your rancor roots are.

I'll cut some cheese to go with that whine for you. ^_^

Whining would be someone claiming to have a clue while objecting that indications of 1% increase in all or even most business costs being transfered to our expenditures is no big deal. And the ONLY reason my wallet came up was someone on your side of this falsely (and whiningly) claimed my wallet must be fat and my concern for the needy absent.

So if someone wants to continue to "cut the cheese" and mock my situation instead of defending their own position, then go ahead and serve yourselves all you like. Add a double portions to those unable to make a defense without belittling someone and triple for those making false accusations/assumptions about the opposing view.

Am also unclear how it would be whining for someone to observe over the last two years a significant rise in coverage premiums, a rise in my deductible costs, a rise in max out of pocket ALL ATTRIBUTABLE to nothing but ObamasCaring.

The same with noting that if a pizza chain must raise prices almost 1% before this monster is fully implemented, it cannot be considered whining to observe the obvious and direct impact on my budget of such actions which ALL OTHER BUSINESES would ALSO be facing. Unless someone is going to claim ObamasCaring only impacted this particular pizza chain and no other busineses. I guess I did not consider the power of the koolaid that some are obviously drinking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your increased premium costs are due to the INSURER raising costs and your employer wanting more $ in HIS pocket and passing the increases to you. Most of the provisions of the new law will not be implemented until 2014. The only things that have been fully implemented are dependent coverage to age 26 and removal of the lifetime expenditure cap.

The pizza chain does NOT have to raise prices. They can choose to absorb the costs and take that out of their bottom line instead. But, they won't do anything that might adversely damage their bottom line.

But, if you think the opposition is on track by dismantling Medicare and giving "vouchers" to seniors, and those who don't have a fall back (like we will) will end up destitute going through all that they've saved for their retirement, then go for it. Those over 55 are "grandfathered" into the present system. Those of us in the next group are not. There will be millions of future seniors who will end up destitute and in state-run hellholes called "nursing homes" instead of being able to live out their retirement years in dignity.

Do you REALLY think that's the "fair and proper" thing to do? Really? It's obscene.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Whining would be someone claiming to have a clue while objecting that indications of 1% increase in all or even most business costs being transfered to our expenditures is no big deal. And the ONLY reason my wallet came up was someone on your side of this falsely (and whiningly) claimed my wallet must be fat and my concern for the needy absent.

So if someone wants to continue to "cut the cheese" and mock my situation instead of defending their own position, then go ahead and serve yourselves all you like. Add a double portions to those unable to make a defense without belittling someone and triple for those making false accusations/assumptions about the opposing view.

Am also unclear how it would be whining for someone to observe over the last two years a significant rise in coverage premiums, a rise in my deductible costs, a rise in max out of pocket ALL ATTRIBUTABLE to nothing but ObamasCaring.

The same with noting that if a pizza chain must raise prices almost 1% before this monster is fully implemented, it cannot be considered whining to observe the obvious and direct impact on my budget of such actions which ALL OTHER BUSINESES would ALSO be facing. Unless someone is going to claim ObamasCaring only impacted this particular pizza chain and no other busineses. I guess I did not consider the power of the koolaid that some are obviously drinking.
Not mocking your situation, just the side of the fence you take in defending con's business as usual.
Ever since I seen your first postings you have been pro conservatism and anti-everything else. So, the conservative answer and response to you would be 'pick up a third job', 'pay your bills', 'pull yourself up by bootstraps', 'get help from relatives or church'. (that's typical con's rhetoric):p

Hope you find time to reply knowing now that you have two jobs to hold down, I don't know how you do it. Two jobs, caring for disabled wife and chatting in discussion forums.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟55,100.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your increased premium costs are due to the INSURER raising costs and your employer wanting more $ in HIS pocket and passing the increases to you. Most of the provisions of the new law will not be implemented until 2014. The only things that have been fully implemented are dependent coverage to age 26 and removal of the lifetime expenditure cap.

The pizza chain does NOT have to raise prices. They can choose to absorb the costs and take that out of their bottom line instead. But, they won't do anything that might adversely damage their bottom line.

But, if you think the opposition is on track by dismantling Medicare and giving "vouchers" to seniors, and those who don't have a fall back (like we will) will end up destitute going through all that they've saved for their retirement, then go for it. Those over 55 are "grandfathered" into the present system. Those of us in the next group are not. There will be millions of future seniors who will end up destitute and in state-run hellholes called "nursing homes" instead of being able to live out their retirement years in dignity.

Do you REALLY think that's the "fair and proper" thing to do? Really? It's obscene.
The pizza chain and any business facing increased costs, whether actual now or expected in near future has little choice. One can only become so efficient at processes. The added costs to an established business will be passed on to the consumer. Otherwise the business fails and in a global market with foreign companies not hampered by the same increases in costs/regulations the failure will come sooner than it use to.

But this was expected by people creating this monster. It was put together to force people out of private insurance and toward a single player government provider. That was the plan all along. Like everywhere else that has tried it, it will fail and further burden the tax payers (middle America) like it did everywhere else it has been tried. Why do we think our government can do it better? What program has the government every run on budget and efficiently?

You mean cutting Medicare properly like Obama slashing Medicare and calling it an achievement?
Obama Campaign Says Slashing Medicare An 'Achievement'

Have you been to any nursing homes lately? The hell holes already exist and most cannot afford it. Medicare does not cover nursing homes. It does not even cover paying for someone to sit at home with seniors enough to allow family to work outside of home. How is making such coverage free for all going to improve conditions in nursing homes? There are not enough people working to continue subsidizing the elderly being shuffled off to not inconvenience their children.

What do we do without Medicare, without the government? We will have to do as I and many others are doing now and how people did before there ever was a Medicare, take care of our own parents & family and help whoever else we can. The government is not the answer.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, they don't...it's all about the almighty dollar. They may claim to be "Christians" but their god is green pieces of paper with pictures of dead white guys on it. Pro-Life, yes...while it's a fetus. Once it's born...forget health care, food, clothes, housing or education. And, if it's naughty, then kill it. If they only could see the inconsistency in their beliefs...

They want to cut social security and medicare...let the elderly who have worked and paid taxes their entire lives just rot. Let the sick die w/o medical care. Such compassion!!!!
I believe that the elderly should be the ONLY ones to federal assistance. and yes this DOES include disability like I am on. The ONLY people who should get government funds (not applying to those that work FOR the government) Those that receive disability food stamps government housing ONLY if you are at LEAST 65 should you get social security or any other such program.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SearchingStudent

Apr 29, 2012
✟16,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it doesn't. Seniors have to spend EVERY DIME before they can qualify for medicaid which does pay. Is that right? Oh wait, according to you it's just fine.

Yes, I've been to nursing homes, and I've been the sole caregiver too. Neither one is good. I had a social worker tell me I needed to quit my job to give adequate care to my mother. Umm...yeah...and who would then make the mortgage payment to keep a roof over my mother's head?

I don't see any real move to single payer, but then again, my Canadian friends and co-workers from the UK think our current system is horrid.

There are times when being the sole caregiver for someone who really needs skilled nursing care is impossible. 7 years of my life I gave to caring for my mom. It destroyed me. Not one of her "good Christian" friends did a THING to help...except criticize. Excuse me if I refuse to rely on a bunch of egotistical right-wing idiots who will talk but won't get up off their duffs. I would have LOVED for someone to come sit w/my mother so my husband and I could go out for an evening. I would have loved someone to bring a meal so I didn't have to shop and cook on top of everything else. BUT...the best they could do was fuss about the dust. I have no use for any of them.

Thank God my husband donated 24 years to the service of the gov't and is rewarded for it. We won't have to worry about much in our twilight years. Unfortunately, we'll be the lucky ones. Why shouldn't everyone have what we do?

Government has stepped in because of the SELFISHNESS of the so-called Christians. Put your $$ where your mouth is. Take 20% of your income and donate it. Go feed some children, go offer to take care of a senior so their caregiver can get out for awhile. Go cook a meal for an overwhelmed single mom. Until you do that, shut up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.