• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Supreme Court Decision on Oklahoma (Native Americans get half the state)

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Pavel Mosko, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+1,550
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    This is potentially a big decision that nobody is talking about....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...2aba02-c2e7-11ea-b4f6-cb39cd8940fb_story.html

“Today we are asked whether the land these treaties promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law,” Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, a Trump-appointed conservative, wrote in the majority opinion, which evoked broken promises the U.S. government made to Native Americans as far back as the Trail of Tears. “Because Congress has not said otherwise, we hold the government to its word.”

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,300
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    It's about time.

God Bless The Natives.

3. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,185
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Remember the song that said, "Cherokee nation will return, will return, will return."

4. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+6,036
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    When I was about 10 or so, my mother would often take me north about 20 miles to spend a day at her aunt, a part blood Native American painter, who on many occasions would look intensely into my eyes, locking my gaze and tell me of the Trail of Tears, where the Five Civilized Tribes were put on a death march to Oklahoma, after their lands where stolen from them by America.

For most of you people, some of your ancestors stealing land from some of mine.

But I don't hold it against you all.

This is pretty accurate looks to me, so this will tell you more -- it was far worse than about 98% of people know.

https://www.history.com/topics/native-american-history/trail-of-tears

Who were these 'Indians'? --

"...in the early years of the American republic, such as President George Washington, believed that the best way to solve this “Indian problem” was simply to “civilize” the Native Americans. The goal of this civilization campaign was to make Native Americans as much like white Americans as possible by encouraging them convert to Christianity, learn to speak and read English and adopt European-style economic practices such as the individual ownership of land and other property (including, in some instances in the South, African slaves). In the southeastern United States, many Choctaw, Chickasaw, Seminole, Creek and Cherokee people embraced these customs and became known as the “Five Civilized Tribes.”

So....seems many of these "Indians" put on the death march were 'civilized' Christians....

just an fyi for the curious reader.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List