Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you read James 1:14 Every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his OWN lusts!
To say it's just the flesh would be wrong based off the Bible there are two other enemies, the world which was cursed in Genesis and the one who comes but to kill steal and destroy

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
AS I mentioned already this is what happens when you study outside sources before knowing the word of God... you get confused.
Sure seems to be a lot of folks in these forums and on the internet that claim to have some kind of unique wisdom in knowing the word of God, and yet they all seem to disagree with each other.

I am constantly amused by this.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure seems to be a lot of folks in these forums and on the internet that claim to have some kind of unique wisdom in knowing the word of God, and yet they all seem to disagree with each other.

The understanding that the devil is real isn't unique. I'm not suggesting a unique understanding here at all just common sense. A perspective most have Sure some on this forum disagree (the Op caters towards the few on the site that do). BUt based off some of the post I've seen on this site most have this view that Satan exist in some form or fashion or at least did exist at one time

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To say it's just the flesh would be wrong based off the Bible there are two other enemies, the world which was cursed in Genesis and the one who comes but to kill steal and destroy
Let's seek now, who created everything? Are you saying God created someone else to kill and destroy? Have you read God created evil? Have you read God maketh the rain to fall on the good and the evil? Have you read I have created the destroyer to destroy? What in God's name do you think that means?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Let's seek now, who created everything? Are you saying God created someone else to kill and destroy? Have you read God created evil? Have you read God maketh the rain to fall on the good and the evil? Have you read I have created the destroyer to destroy? What in God's name do you think that means?
well Satan was lucifer initially a cherub ever read the scripture I beheld Satan fall from heaven as lightning

Upvote 0

Brother Daniel 210

Aug 10, 2017
San Antonio
✟16,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God didn't create Satan, man did. Satan (ha'shaitan) occurs by name in the Old Testament in the Book of Job, and here it's clear that Satan is not the Devil! The Devil is supposedly banished from the presence of God, yet in Job, Satan is allowed to talk with and to come and go from God's presence and on a mission for God yet! What's going on? Satan here is not "the Devil" but sort of God's prosecuting attorney. There is a very common perception that the 'Lucifer' in Isaiah 14:12ff refers to Satan, the supernatural personification of evil. This misconception comes from two sources. The first is wishful thinking in the sense that it is nice to think that 'the Enemy' will get his come-uppance eventually. The second has to do with the old caution that scripture is to be read only 'in context'. This requires going back and reading all of Isaiah 13 and the earlier verses in Isaiah 14. When this is done we suddenly realize that scripture is not speaking of a supernatural Satan at all but of a Babylonian king with an immense ego. Read Isaiah 14: " 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:" What follows is a long rant against this oppressive king filled with numerous reference to his human nature like Isaiah 14: "16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, 17 the man who made the world a desert, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?" This passage is in no way a reference to Satan or the devil. The Jews did not originally believe in devils but they picked up this concept during the Babylonian Exile from the Persians who followed Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to cast YHWH in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Up to that time, their concept of God was of a being responsible for everything, both good and evil. Isaiah 45:7 is just one quote that demonstrates this. The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.
Revelations 12:

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
We must study the word of God to show yourself approved. 2 Timothy 2:15

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Agree
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The understanding that the devil is real isn't unique. I'm not suggesting a unique understanding here at all just common sense. A perspective most have Sure some on this forum disagree (the Op caters towards the few on the site that do). BUt based off some of the post I've seen on this site most have this view that Satan exist in some form or fashion or at least did exist at one time
Really? Where do you think it came from? Certainly not Rev 12:9 because John says everything in Rev are things which must shortly come to pass.. Future tense

Upvote 0

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟9,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan? They were ventriloquists, soothsayers, necromancers, who imitated voices as though the voices were from the dead and from the same Satan mythical suggestion of the witches of Endor.
Ventriloquists?

They were indeed the voices of dead spirits who spoke against God and His Truth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
well Satan was lucifer initially a cherub ever read the scripture I beheld Satan fall from heaven as lightning
Lucifer is/was not Satan. Where in your bible does it say that an angel named Lucifer was a cherub?

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Brother Daniel 210

Aug 10, 2017
San Antonio
✟16,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just can't understand... how you deny Satan.... if Satan is clearly in scripture.... I just don't get it....
This is so not biblical but in a old movie there was a quote. The greatest trick ever pulled was the devil convincing the world he doesnt exist

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Lets say you don't believe Satan is lucifer which you don't. Who creates Satan then? God made a devil?
I'm saying that Satan's name is not Lucifer. You're taking one verse in the bible completely out of the context is was written in.

Folks who claim to "know the bible" shouldn't be doing that.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying that Satan's name is not Lucifer. You're taking one verse in the bible completely out of the context is was written in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟60,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It's not just one verse unless your referring to the one I quoted about Satan falling like lightning. And if Satan wasn't a cherub then who was he?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
"We three kings of orient are ...." The words of this old hymn should ignite our curiosity. Actually the term 'kings' or 'wise men' is incorrect. The proper term is 'magi'. Now, magi is an odd term. It is the plural form of 'magus'. So what is a magus? A magus is a priest of the Zoroastrian religion which was centered in the Iran/Iraq area. So what is the connection that has these people show up in the birth narrative of Jesus? The most obvious connection is that the Jews were dragged into a long captivity in Babylon in that region. Before the exile the Jews attributed both good and evil to YHWH. The Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to cast YHWH in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Most Christians continue in this belief to the present day. Given the proximity of Babylon to Israel, it is not hard to see the connection between Zoroastrianism and Judaism continuing at some level. Even at the time of Jesus there were still a million or more Jews living in the Babylon area. We also encounter in the New Testament the strange character of Simon Magus. Now we know what he actually was.

• Winner
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
It's not just one verse unless your referring to the one I quoted about Satan falling like lightning. And if Satan wasn't a cherub then who was he?
You're side-stepping your previous statement about Satan's name. It is not Lucifer as you stated. In addition you need to provide the biblical support from your bible in your statement that he was a cherub.

Otherwise, you're just full of assumptions.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ventriloquists?

They were indeed the voices of dead spirits who spoke against God and His Truth
Literally neocromancer, seeker of the dead, like the witch of Endor who pretended to invoke the dead.For a modern version see the Life of Cellini, Benvenuto

Upvote 0

unbelievable1

Aug 2, 2017
somewhere
✟9,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God didn't create Satan, man did. Satan (ha'shaitan) occurs by name in the Old Testament in the Book of Job, and here it's clear that Satan is not the Devil! The Devil is supposedly banished from the presence of God, yet in Job, Satan is allowed to talk with and to come and go from God's presence and on a mission for God yet! What's going on? Satan here is not "the Devil" but sort of God's prosecuting attorney. There is a very common perception that the 'Lucifer' in Isaiah 14:12ff refers to Satan, the supernatural personification of evil. This misconception comes from two sources. The first is wishful thinking in the sense that it is nice to think that 'the Enemy' will get his come-uppance eventually. The second has to do with the old caution that scripture is to be read only 'in context'. This requires going back and reading all of Isaiah 13 and the earlier verses in Isaiah 14. When this is done we suddenly realize that scripture is not speaking of a supernatural Satan at all but of a Babylonian king with an immense ego. Read Isaiah 14: " 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:" What follows is a long rant against this oppressive king filled with numerous reference to his human nature like Isaiah 14: "16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, 17 the man who made the world a desert, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?" This passage is in no way a reference to Satan or the devil. The Jews did not originally believe in devils but they picked up this concept during the Babylonian Exile from the Persians who followed Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to cast YHWH in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Up to that time, their concept of God was of a being responsible for everything, both good and evil. Isaiah 45:7 is just one quote that demonstrates this. The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.
Zechariah 3?

Upvote 0