The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I can find nowhere in the Torah that eternal life is promised.

On the other hand, in Romans 11:28, Paul states that "but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs." So they are saved, even though they do not believe, not because of the Covenant, but for love of the Patriarchs.

Have you realised that in your two replied statements, that you have unwittingly dismissed two pertinent statements of belief to the Christian faith?

The first statement denies a physical bodily resurrection, that was promised by Jesus, when he said.....

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day." (John 6:40)

The second statement denies salvation through the cross of Christ, according to the blood covenant.

Dismissing what Jesus promised and at the same time dismissing salvation through the Son, is denying absolute facts that God deals with man through a covenant/contract. By dismissing a contract, you dismiss not only the new but also the old and the resulting implication is, that you are percieved in trying to sell to significant others (Jews), the idea that salvation is through genealogical privileges.

Here is the gist of your distinct from Christianity religion..

So they are saved, even though they do not believe, not because of the Covenant, but for love of the Patriarchs.

This is nothing more than Judaizing, as was addressed by the Jewish Apostles of Christ....

4or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.6Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk.7They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

8We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious (1 Timothy 1:4-8)

Paul addressed the heresy of the Judaizer movement and linked this practice to a heart of stone, that tried to sell the notion of Jewish salvation privilleged rights through claims to geneologically tied to being Abraham's seed. The same repugnant attitude to salvation that was claimed by the Pharisees, where Jesus blasted them and totally dismissed their claim....

7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. (Matthew 3:7-10)

According to many Christian apologists like Martin Luther, the Judaizer movement undermined the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Even secular Jewish scholars had this profound conclusion...

Secular and philo-Semitic historian Will Durant himself declared that when people began judaizing, “the Old Testament overshadowed the New” and the teachings of Christ had to be subservient to Old Testament laws.

Will Durant, The Story of Civilization: The Reformation (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1957), 372.

What is presented by dismissing the statement of beliefs of the Christian faith, is another rehash of the Judaizers movement resulting in the heresies that the historical church and church fathers had rejected repeatedly.

Judaizer movement historically has been shown that it promotes the idea of coming at the foot of a national flag, owing to the privilleges of geanology, whikst our Christian faith preaches all to come at the foot of the cross and hence at the feet of Christ Jesus.

I can't believe that this heresy still exists and is being sold on a Christian Forum, without any moderator or owner objecting to it.

This thread should not be under General Theology.

I will speak to the moderators and ask them to politely move it to controversial theology.

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sir would you mind coming over to the messianic forum. A thread on whether messianic jews should support the rebuilding of the temple

Thanks
Have you realised that in your two replied statements, that you have unwittingly dismissed two pertinent statements of belief to the Christian faith?

The first statement denies a physical bodily resurrection, that was promised by Jesus, when he said.....

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day." (John 6:40)

The second statement denies salvation through the cross of Christ, according to the blood covenant.

Dismissing what Jesus promised and at the same time dismissing salvation through the Son, is denying absolute facts that God deals with man through a covenant/contract. By dismissing a contract, you dismiss not only the new but also the old and the resulting implication is, that you are percieved in trying to sell to significant others (Jews), the idea that salvation is through genealogical privileges.

Here is the gist of your distinct from Christianity religion..

This is nothing more than Judaizing, as was addressed by the Jewish Apostles of Christ....

4or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.6Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk.7They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

8We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious (1 Timothy 1:4-8)

Paul addressed the heresy of the Judaizer movement and linked this practice to a heart of stone, that tried to sell the notion of Jewish salvation privilleged rights through claims to geneologically tied to being Abraham's seed. The same repugnant attitude to salvation that was claimed by the Pharisees, where Jesus blasted them and totally dismissed their claim....

7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. (Matthew 3:7-10)

According to many Christian apologists like Martin Luther, the Judaizer movement undermined the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Even secular Jewish scholars had this profound conclusion...

Secular and philo-Semitic historian Will Durant himself declared that when people began judaizing, “the Old Testament overshadowed the New” and the teachings of Christ had to be subservient to Old Testament laws.

Will Durant, The Story of Civilization: The Reformation (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1957), 372.

What is presented by dismissing the statement of beliefs of the Christian faith, is another rehash of the Judaizers movement resulting in the heresies that the historical church and church fathers had rejected repeatedly.

Judaizer movement historically has been shown that it promotes the idea of coming at the foot of a national flag, owing to the privilleges of geanology, whikst our Christian faith preaches all to come at the foot of the cross and hence at the feet of Christ Jesus.

I can't believe that this heresy still exists and is being sold on a Christian Forum, without any moderator or owner objecting to it.

This thread should not be under General Theology.

I will speak to the moderators and ask them to politely move it to controversial theology.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sir would you mind coming over to the messianic forum. A thread on whether messianic jews should support the rebuilding of the temple

Thanks

Glad to talk to my Messianic brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, but as always I must be careful and respectful of the forum rules for every compartmentalised forum has its rules and so I might need your assistance and the assistance of others.

Love all without bias neither favourtism to a nation or race, color, female or male, for we are all one spiritual Holy nation in Christ Jesus, the one and only Zar-It-Alaha (Israel), that is a fenceless city encompassing the whole world.

All who are called sons and daughters of God are the spiritual meaning of the name Israel and serve the function in coming up to spiritually celebrate Taba-(serve)nackles the King of Israel Christ Jesus (the foot of the cross/tree of life eternal).

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps one of the non-Christ following faith should return to their own territory?!?!

Doctrines supported by Scripture:
God is perfectly LOVING / MERCIFUL...but also perfectly JUST / rendering perfect JUDGMENTS.

Jesus the God-Man died FOR the sins/Men... ALL men ALL sins for ALL time....substitutionary atonement.

God calls / draws ALL of Mankind to accept or reject His gracious provisions and gift:
undeserved GRACE / LOVE through spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF in:
Jesus the God-Man: substitute for and savior from sin.

Some use their spiritual gift of "free will" to ACCEPT unto salvation.

Some don't.

God knows the spirit of ALL men, and FORE-KNOWS (NOT pre-determines!) who will be saved.

If you truly seek Him, He will let find Him. BUT... if you betray Him, He will reject you forever. David to Soloman!

2 Peter 3:9...>The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for ALL to come to repentance. (turn to God for salvation)

1 Timothy 4: 9-10...>Paul's advice: A Good Minister’s Discipline
It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance.
For it is for this (discipline) we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God,
who is the Savior of ALL MEN, (offers salvation to)especially of believers.(sanctification)

"the Savior"... Greek 4990 ...soter ~= deliverer, preserver
"of believers."...Greek 4103 ... pistos ~=trusty,faithful...believing, confiding, trusting

one who has become convinced that Jesus is the One Divine Messiah and the ONLY author of salvation.

John 12:23-26...>To Believers: FOLLOW...serve
And Jesus answered them, (followers) saying,
"The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone;
but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
He who loves his (mortal) life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal.(spiritual)If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also;
if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. (believer)...

John 12: 30-33...>Jesus Foretells His Death to UN-believers
Jesus answered (crowds) and said,
"This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.
Now judgment is upon this world;
now the ruler of this world WILL BE cast out.(devil)
And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, WILL DRAW ALL MEN to Myself."But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die. (crucifixion)

ALL are DRAWN / CALLED by God. SPIRITUALLY: Few ACCEPT the LIGHT. Many REJECT the LIGHT.

John 12: 35-3...>Jesus DRAWS UN-believers
"For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light." (believer)

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps one of the non-Christ following faith should return to their own territory?!?!

Doctrines supported by Scripture:
God is perfectly LOVING / MERCIFUL...but also perfectly JUST / rendering perfect JUDGMENTS.

Jesus the God-Man died FOR the sins/Men... ALL men ALL sins for ALL time....substitutionary atonement.

God calls / draws ALL of Mankind to accept or reject His gracious provisions and gift:
undeserved GRACE / LOVE through spirit-led FAITH / BELIEF in:
Jesus the God-Man: substitute for and savior from sin.

Some use their spiritual gift of "free will" to ACCEPT unto salvation.

Some don't.

God knows the spirit of ALL men, and FORE-KNOWS (NOT pre-determines!) who will be saved.

If you truly seek Him, He will let find Him. BUT... if you betray Him, He will reject you forever. David to Soloman!

2 Peter 3:9...>The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for ALL to come to repentance. (turn to God for salvation)

1 Timothy 4: 9-10...>Paul's advice: A Good Minister’s Discipline
It is a trustworthy statement deserving full acceptance.
For it is for this (discipline) we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God,
who is the Savior of ALL MEN, (offers salvation to)especially of believers.(sanctification)

"the Savior"... Greek 4990 ...soter ~= deliverer, preserver
"of believers."...Greek 4103 ... pistos ~=trusty,faithful...believing, confiding, trusting

one who has become convinced that Jesus is the One Divine Messiah and the ONLY author of salvation.

John 12:23-26...>To Believers: FOLLOW...serve
And Jesus answered them, (followers) saying,
"The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone;
but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
He who loves his (mortal) life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal.(spiritual)If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also;
if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. (believer)...

John 12: 30-33...>Jesus Foretells His Death to UN-believers
Jesus answered (crowds) and said,
"This voice has not come for My sake, but for your sakes.
Now judgment is upon this world;
now the ruler of this world WILL BE cast out.(devil)
And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, WILL DRAW ALL MEN to Myself."But He was saying this to indicate the kind of death by which He was to die. (crucifixion)

ALL are DRAWN / CALLED by God. SPIRITUALLY: Few ACCEPT the LIGHT. Many REJECT the LIGHT.

John 12: 35-3...>Jesus DRAWS UN-believers
"For a little while longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light, so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes. While you have the Light, believe in the Light, so that you may become sons of Light." (believer)
So you have no problem in a CHRISTIAN or a MESSIANIC JEW IN CHRIST JESUS supporting and even encouraging those Jews outside of CHRIST in building the temple and the reinstatement of sacrifices in that temple

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jerry. Glad that you have joined the conversation.

The Torah never promised eternal life. It was a different sort of Covenant.

However, Rabbinical Jews are still saved, per Paul in Romans 11:28 "as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs." So although the Covenant does not save them, God's love for the patriarchs does.

openheart,

1. The Torah is the law and was not the vehicle to be saved. I have already stated that and so we agree.

2. The Levitical priesthood with the sacrificial system could only cover sins and was temporary and it was part of the Torah Hebrews 7; 8;9:9-10.
They were still saved by grace through faith through the revelation of the law which was temporary in the context of Moses Gal3:19 and will be judged accordingly Roman's 2:12.
It took the New Testament in Christ blood to save man to the uttermost which means fully perfected Hebrews 11:40.
The Law of the Torah is part of the Old Covenant.

3. Roman's 7 shows the law could not reside with the New Covenant because it would be like spiritual adultery.
You cannot answer to this or to the weaknesses etc.

4. The Jews had to mandatorily do the 613 laws and more in order to be righteous before God in seeking for salvation through types and shadows of the true purification for sin.
In Numbers 19 they had to perform the laws of purification with the red heifer and if they didn't do it correctly they were unclean.
The priesthood was Levitical and was replaced by Melchizedek priesthood.
The commandments of the law had to be performed so they wouldn't be cursed and instead be blessed and to live Deuteronomy 29-33.
James 2:10 says if they sinned in one thing in the law they sinned in all the law.
Yes the commandment couldn't save but they had to do the commandments to be righteous before God.
The law of Moses demanded circumcision in order to be justified Galatians 5:2-3; 11. It has been replaced by spiritual circumcision which is not made with hands 2 Corinthians 5:1.
A Jew cannot do all the commandments in the same context or spirit and same reason as they did in the Old Testament.
There are parts of the law that can be kept as eternal truths and eternal principles but they still have to be under the New Covenant standards.
All the sacrificial, civil, moral and dietary laws etc. have to be understood in the light of the New Covenant which is the newness of the Spirit and not the letter of the law of Moses 2 Corinthians 3:1-7.
All the Torah context pointed to Christ. The New Covenant has already come which was the cross and resurrection which was a completely different context as a whole.

5. The Mosaic law context being abolished 2 Corinthians 3:13-16 doesn't do away with the Jewish elect today which is by grace Roman's 11:5.
Peter knew the signs of the KoH reign on the Day of Pentecost though it wasn't a fulfillment of Joel's whole prophecy of the restitution of all things.
Peter knew what Jesus said in Acts 1:6-7 that only the Father knew about the time of the restoration of the KoH. Peter's ministry was to the Jews and his book have hints of the KoH. This is one reason Paul understood the remnant of the election by grace who were in the body of Christ just like the Gentiles.
Just because the Mosaic law was abolished doesn't mean a Jew cannot be a Jew anymore than a gentile can't be a gentile.

6. Covenants were separate contracts but that doesn't mean that there were not same things in the next covenant. Because of gradual revelation there were new things in the New Covenant.
One could say the Old was modified but it would still not be the same as the New. They are two different legal contracts.
The truth is that the Old was changed much more than a simple modification.

7. In the future KoH there will be certain Old Testament commandments and New Testament commandments.
The civil law will be instituted that was historically Jewish and because of the nature of the KoH subjects which has to be obeyed which reconciles with the disobedient having to be subdued by the law 1Timothy 1:9-10 and Christ ruling with a rod of iron Psalm 2:9.
Feasts will be forever as a memorial.
Everyone will be saved by the message of the New Covenant etc.
It is important to reconcile all the scriptures together properly which needs a correct understanding of the different contexts of the different covenants and ages historically and according to gradual revelation etc. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Please explain who GOD has turned over to unbelief

And what this means
I'm not sure what you mean by "turned over."

The world has free will to respond to the Holy Spirit or not.

Except Jews. God has placed a veil over their eyes so that they cannot perceive the gospel. Their unbelief is no fault of their own.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If so I think you are correct. I for one look at Zechariah 14 as one such area.

What do you think?
I certainly agree that that is one such passage. There are many. My personal favorite is the blessing of Jerusalem in Zechariah 8, especially 8:23 "23 This is what the Lord Almighty says: “In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you."

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
3. Roman's 7 shows the law could not reside with the New Covenant because it would be like spiritual adultery.
You cannot answer to this or to the weaknesses etc.
I don't see where it says this at all. Actually romans 7 says, " So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good."

I've broken down your post into smaller more manageable portions. I notice you have a tendency to respond in lengthy posts, doing a lot of repeating, and getting a bit off topic. Lengthy posts are okay for an OP or once in a while, but not on a regular basis. Please be so kind as to make your posts succinct so that we can have a good dialogue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you mean by "turned over."

The world has free will to respond to the Holy Spirit or not.

Except Jews. God has placed a veil over their eyes so that they cannot perceive the gospel. Their unbelief is no fault of their own.
I suggest you read in context all of Romans 11

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
4. The Jews had to mandatorily do the 613 laws and more in order to be righteous before God in seeking for salvation through types and shadows of the true purification for sin.
In Numbers 19 they had to perform the laws of purification with the red heifer and if they didn't do it correctly they were unclean.
The priesthood was Levitical and was replaced by Melchizedek priesthood.
The commandments of the law had to be performed so they wouldn't be cursed and instead be blessed and to live Deuteronomy 29-33.
Yes, Jews keep the 613, but they do not have to keep them perfectly to be "righteous." Breaking even one law makes one a sinner. But It has ALWAYS been that with a contrite spirit and broken heart, one can return to God.

The priesthood of Melchizedek always existed alongside the Levitical priesthood -- it was a universal rather than strictly Jewish priesthood.

When you give me a scripture source, you have to be more specific than three chapters. I can't browse three chapters looking for whatever you are vaguely referring to. Please give chapters and verses. Thanks!

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some BELIEVING JEWS

There are some unbelieving Gentiles

GOD has turned them all over to disobedience so that it will be by HIS MERCY and call alone

Make the hearts of these people fat?

Yes

But their hardening was in part so as to bring the Gentiles in

When the full numbers iCHRIST are complete (which includes ALL BELIEVERS ..Jew and gentile alike) then will HE open the eyes of HIS FIRST LOVE Israel

But even in this you know that not all who are of Israel are of ISRAEL

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jews keep the 613, but they do not have to keep them perfectly to be "righteous." Breaking even one law makes one a sinner. But It has ALWAYS been that with a contrite spirit and broken heart, one can return to God.

The priesthood of Melchizedek always existed alongside the Levitical priesthood -- it was a universal rather than strictly Jewish priesthood.

When you give me a scripture source, you have to be more specific than three chapters. I can't browse three chapters looking for whatever you are vaguely referring to. Please give chapters and verses. Thanks!
Who is Melchizedek but a shadow pointing us to CHRIST

Even Abraham recognized HIM before an earthly priesthood (the house of Levi) had even been established

Melchizadek was before and existed from the beginning.

Not alongside the levitical priesthood

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The truth is that the Old was changed much more than a simple modification.
You can't change a contract unless both parties agree. Where in the OT did this happen? Chapter and verses please.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you mean. 2 Corinthians 3:13-16 doesn't say that the Law is now aboliished.
It's only IN CHRIST that the veil is removed and one can even see the KoG (the GLORY of GOD in the face of JESUS CHRIST)

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't change a contract unless both parties agree. Where in the OT did this happen? Chapter and verses please.
It happened throughout the OT in preparation for the very day when THE ETERNAL HIGH PRIEST would come and take back what belonged to HIM from the beginning

Which is The WHOLE HOUSE/WHOLE FLOCK of GOD

CHRIST JESUS, THE SON of GOD who In the order of Melchizadek, without genealogy is before all things and because HE is before all thinks, unlike the temporal levitical priesthood, HE is not limited to only the 12 tribes of Israel but is in service to all nations all peoples from generation to generation as THE ETERNAL and EVERLASTING HIGH PRIEST FOREVER

A high priest was a minister before GOD...he had to minister sacrifices first for HIMSELF before offering up sacrifices for the people

CHRIST offered up ONE SACRIFICE and entered in behind the true veil and REMAINS as a HIGH PRIEST forever

There's only way into the HOLY of HOLIES and that's through the TRUE VEIL

Which is HIS BODY
No one can bypass THE SON and enter in

And anyone who tries to will be found uncovered

A garment was provided
All need the RIGHT GATMENT to come to THE WEDDING

There's a BRIDEGROOM and a (marriage) COVENANT and a wedding feast being prepared

And

There's only ONE BRIDE

Upvote 0